Kyle&Ana

OCTOBER 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,551 posts in this topic

@pushok @Drenimarcus congrats on your approvals!!! Finally you can sleep well hahaha or not cos too much excitement lolol

@brandonflude1 @Victoria85 and the rest of Oct fellas hanging in there, yours is coming soon😀😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I just want to share my fiance and I progress as October 2018 filers and also, ask a quick question. 

I called USCIS 2 days ago, and this is how it went... (non-vertabim)

Me: Hi, I'm the beneficiary, can I ask a question about my case status?

Operator: I can only answer general questions since the petitioner is not around.

Me: Okay, is it possible that the uscis.dhl.gov website says it's still under review but the NOA2 is actually already on the way?

Operator: *stuttering* uhh... that's possible but I can't really say anything else.

Me: Okay, but it's possible, yes? That is a general question, isn't it?

Operator: Yes, it's possible, but again, that's the only information I can give you

It sounded so sketchy hows he answered me, so I suspected that a changed ensued on our case.

My fiance called 2 days later (last night) and they said that we were APPROVED and NOA2 is on the way!!!!

I checked myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov but until now, it's still NOT updated. But at least, they confirmed now that it is on the way ^_^

The question, how long does the mail usually take? Especially for those who are from the Philippines?

Thank you :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, mepck said:

@pushok @Drenimarcus congrats on your approvals!!! Finally you can sleep well hahaha or not cos too much excitement lolol

@brandonflude1 @Victoria85 and the rest of Oct fellas hanging in there, yours is coming soon😀😀

Thanks!

Timeline
42 minutes ago, cyriloh said:

Hi! I just want to share my fiance and I progress as October 2018 filers and also, ask a quick question. 

I called USCIS 2 days ago, and this is how it went... (non-vertabim)

Me: Hi, I'm the beneficiary, can I ask a question about my case status?

Operator: I can only answer general questions since the petitioner is not around.

Me: Okay, is it possible that the uscis.dhl.gov website says it's still under review but the NOA2 is actually already on the way?

Operator: *stuttering* uhh... that's possible but I can't really say anything else.

Me: Okay, but it's possible, yes? That is a general question, isn't it?

Operator: Yes, it's possible, but again, that's the only information I can give you

It sounded so sketchy hows he answered me, so I suspected that a changed ensued on our case.

My fiance called 2 days later (last night) and they said that we were APPROVED and NOA2 is on the way!!!!

I checked myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov but until now, it's still NOT updated. But at least, they confirmed now that it is on the way ^_^

The question, how long does the mail usually take? Especially for those who are from the Philippines?

Thank you :)

Mail is sent to the petitioner not the beneficiary, and it can take some days or a week 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Drenimarcus said:

Mail is sent to the petitioner not the beneficiary, and it can take some days or a week 

I thought beneficiary gets NOA2 as well? So, when will I get a packet to get the interview scheduled?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, cyriloh said:

I thought beneficiary gets NOA2 as well? So, when will I get a packet to get the interview scheduled?

No beneficiary doesn’t. You should probably check your country portal for more info 

Edited by Drenimarcus

Timeline
1 minute ago, Drenimarcus said:

No beneficiary doesn’t. Is your case file at the embassy yet?

Yes, as I said, we're now waiting for NOA2...

I confirmed with my friend who is now in the US with k1, she said I'm supposed to get NOA2 as well as she did.

Edited by cyriloh

Timeline
Just now, cyriloh said:

Yes, as I said, we're now waiting for NOA2...

Lol NOA2 doesn’t mean your case is at the embassy. You still got few steps to go before it gets to your embassy. You should probably check vj guides for more info

Timeline
Just now, Drenimarcus said:

Lol NOA2 doesn’t mean your case is at the embassy. You still got few steps to go before it gets to your embassy. You should probably check vj guides for more info

LOL ok

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Ashley May said:

Just checked the new website and found out our case has been approved. I’m so happy right now!!! 

NOA1 October 15th

NOA2 February 25th 

😀😀😀

Congratulations! My NOA is the 16th so hopefully something today 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

Congratulations! My NOA is the 16th so hopefully something today 

Thank you!! 

Yes are dates are so close, I’m sure you’ll hear something very soon! When we rang on Tuesday the guy said we were in the final stages but then the website says we were approved on Monday so you never know. 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Ashley May said:

Thank you!! 

Yes are dates are so close, I’m sure you’ll hear something very soon! When we rang on Tuesday the guy said we were in the final stages but then the website says we were approved on Monday so you never know. 

If the “thoughts” are true and they go by country as well as date, we should be very close to each other.

My fiancée is calling on Monday to see what we can find out, but as you have just pointed out that may not even matter. 

Nothing is going to change regardless of whether we call or not, it could just be bad news lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.