Kyle&Ana

OCTOBER 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,551 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, PupperPup said:

Ohhh wow. I thought never to send an original copy? I had to send a birth certificate of the beneficiary (middle name issues) so they asked for proof and we only sent a copy..I've called them and thry said copies would be okay but you never know..i hope that won't be a problem..

But hey, I'm sure you'll get your approval within a week..it hasn't been 30 days yet. :)

Very many people receive from 5 to 7 days, maximum 2 weeks, but 30 days for me it will be terrible ..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

I have a question. So we received and RFE about proving that we met within 2 years. We met a few times in Canada (my fiance is not Canadian), but we met there because I could not go in his country. I technically could not prove I was there because I did not have my passport stamped. I did some research and we went to Canada board and customs in Montreal and put a request for my entries in Canada. The officer at CBC said it may take up to 6-8 months to receive an answer. We sent our rfe letter without that paper. We thought we cannot wait that long. USCIS received our rfe on the April 5th. And last night I got my records of entering and leaving Canada from CBC. I don't know what to do now. Should I sent them like an addendum or should I wait and see what happens ? Any thoughts ?

I'm sorry this probably won't be much help.. I'm pretty sure you've submitted the letter explaining that? And I'm sure you've submitted pictures of you together. Did u try sending more pictures?  Did u book a hotel while u were there? Did u buy something that reflected on your credit card/bank statement that's from Canada? I only sent a few pictures tbh, and I was thinking they'd request for more "evidence" of our meeting. But I submitted hotel bookings, movie tickets, even bank statements (restaurants, department stores, etc) and the picture of the engagement ring and the receipt and they only sent RFE's for her name proof and passport photos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Julia & Matt said:

Very many people receive from 5 to 7 days, maximum 2 weeks, but 30 days for me it will be terrible ..

I guess something like a previous marriage would be a little 'heavy' so they probably need to verify that..but IDK they say it doesn't really matter since every case varies...but heyyyy you've survived 3 weeks...u only need 1 more. Hang in there :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, PupperPup said:

I guess something like a previous marriage would be a little 'heavy' so they probably need to verify that..but IDK they say it doesn't really matter since every case varies...but heyyyy you've survived 3 weeks...u only need 1 more. Hang in there :)

considering that January is already approved. I think they had enough time to consider Our case.. It has already been 6 months

17 minutes ago, PupperPup said:

I'm sorry this probably won't be much help.. I'm pretty sure you've submitted the letter explaining that? And I'm sure you've submitted pictures of you together. Did u try sending more pictures?  Did u book a hotel while u were there? Did u buy something that reflected on your credit card/bank statement that's from Canada? I only sent a few pictures tbh, and I was thinking they'd request for more "evidence" of our meeting. But I submitted hotel bookings, movie tickets, even bank statements (restaurants, department stores, etc) and the picture of the engagement ring and the receipt and they only sent RFE's for her name proof and passport photos

I sent all of this you mentioned above plus statements from friends who saw us. 

7 hours ago, sheksahim said:

I hear you. I was taking to Victoria today and only 4 of us still waiting on approval. im so ready to end the waiting game. 😤

Still waiting here guys I’m from September filler I called last week tier 2 said they send RFE I haven’t received the mail yet but lost all the hope I keep wondering what they asking for and also none oh the sites has updated 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

I am new to that forum and I hope I will find some help and answers here. Recently, my boyfriend received a RFE in regards to his divorce decree which apparently didn't showed evidence that it was civilly filed and recorded. When we originally sent in the application, we attached a photo copy of his decree of dissolution of marriage and permanent orders (issued by the district court of Denver). Now, we are required to send in a legible copy of the complete divorce decree, signed by a judge or magistrate, and showing that the divorce decree was recorded in an appropriate court registrar. 

My boyfriend went back to the court and they said that the documents the final decree. He got multiple certified copies now, as we think it might have been the issue because the first one was only a photocopy which was not certified. Did anyone had the same or similar issue? 

44 minutes ago, MarryAnn237 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I am new to that forum and I hope I will find some help and answers here. Recently, my boyfriend received a RFE in regards to his divorce decree which apparently didn't showed evidence that it was civilly filed and recorded. When we originally sent in the application, we attached a photo copy of his decree of dissolution of marriage and permanent orders (issued by the district court of Denver). Now, we are required to send in a legible copy of the complete divorce decree, signed by a judge or magistrate, and showing that the divorce decree was recorded in an appropriate court registrar. 

My boyfriend went back to the court and they said that the documents the final decree. He got multiple certified copies now, as we think it might have been the issue because the first one was only a photocopy which was not certified. Did anyone had the same or similar issue? 

Yes that's what they want a certified copy, was the first one just a copy? Usually they say filed on them, but you'll be alright now just send it that certified copy. Make sure you send in ALL pages of the decree!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

55 minutes ago, MarryAnn237 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I had something similar on my last k1 application and we got denied because of my decree. Judge forgot to mark a box I went back they fixed it and they gave me a certified copy and because the certified copy was dated on the day it was released they considered our divorce wasn't do e at the date we applied so we got denied. I am sure your case it's simpler than mine but that was my experience 

3 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

Envié todo lo que mencionaste anteriormente, más las declaraciones de los amigos que nos vieron. 

Hello!
I'm a February contributor, but I always see his messages. I am in a group of FB, that a lady waited 2 months without answer of the RFE, until one day I found a letter in the mailbox with the case number of the NVC. Maybe for USCIS 2 + 2 it's not 4
Do not lose 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

The new one. The old one I don't think it's getting updated anymore. The new one usually gets updated early in the morning before 7:00 am eastern time. 

Thats good to know.  I’ll just be checking on the new site from here on out. 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes that's what they want a certified copy, was the first one just a copy? Usually they say filed on them, but you'll be alright now just send it that certified copy. Make sure you send in ALL pages of the decree!

Thank you very much for the fast response. The first copy we sent in originally was just a photocopy signed by the judge. Now we have a certified copy that is not only signed by the judge, but also by the clerk of the district court. It also has two stamps on it now. The decree consists of two pages which we both send in since the judge signed on the second page. I just really hope that this is enough for them now because that is the final decree, there is no other certificate according to the court. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

I had something similar on my last k1 application and we got denied because of my decree. Judge forgot to mark a box I went back they fixed it and they gave me a certified copy and because the certified copy was dated on the day it was released they considered our divorce wasn't do e at the date we applied so we got denied. I am sure your case it's simpler than mine but that was my experience 

Hi Victoria, thank you for sharing your experience here. I found it very confusing in the US because the decree of dissolution of marriage looks different in each state. Your case definitely sounds a little bit more complicated than ours; however, I hope that you a were able to sort things out and got approved eventually. 

18 minutes ago, MarryAnn237 said:

Hi Victoria, thank you for sharing your experience here. I found it very confusing in the US because the decree of dissolution of marriage looks different in each state. Your case definitely sounds a little bit more complicated than ours; however, I hope that you a were able to sort things out and got approved eventually. 

We applied the second time and we got and RFE again but for a different thing. So we are not quite there. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.