Kyle&Ana

OCTOBER 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,551 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

Also, in reality, that’s for new filers really. The goalposts don’t move. It it was 3 months to processing when you got in the queue, it’s still 3 months. But those who joined after you will have to wait longer

Thank you..i hope so. Becuz i still see some filers getting approved in 4.5 months

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, MsNina said:

Thank you..i hope so. Becuz i still see some filers getting approved in 4.5 months

I read a while ago that the Normal Processing Time is a 130% representation of the actual processing time. So 6-8 months probably equals more closer to 4.5-6.5 months. 

2 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

I read a while ago that the Normal Processing Time is a 130% representation of the actual processing time. So 6-8 months probably equals more closer to 4.5-6.5 months. 

Im going with what you said earlier..thats its for new petitions!!😁👌🏾

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
21 minutes ago, JJA1979 said:

It does affect me (Sept) because it means I now have to wait longer before USCIS will accept an official inquiry from me (assuming I continue to not get approved for another month)

It does effect all of us, I am already tired of this process, watching others getting approved....  I  say to myself be  petient and wait,  but again back dated...??  Now seriouly?  And whenever I call them they keeping saying  your case is in normal process you should atleast wait till your case is outside of normal process........ When i first applied they were processing July after 1 month they back date it to June,,,  and everybody were saying no it doesn't effect us, uffff not again please USCIS work fairly 

Edited by Samfar 92

17 minutes ago, JJA1979 said:

It does affect me (Sept) because it means I now have to wait longer before USCIS will accept an official inquiry from me (assuming I continue to not get approved for another month)

It wont. Dont worry. They are approving early october again.

So im sure you are next. U are almost at 6 months..so you are golden. Its not going to take 8 months

Edited by MsNina

12 minutes ago, Samfar 92 said:

It does effect all of us, I am already tired of this process, watching others getting approved....  I  say to myself be  petient and wait,  but again back dated...??  Now seriouly?  And whenever I call them they keeping saying  your case is in normal process you should atleast wait till your case is outside of normal process........ When i first applied they were processing July after 1 month they back date it to June,,,  and everybody were saying no it doesn't effect us, uffff not again please USCIS work fairly 

Ok in a general sense it may affect all of us. But if your app is already pending to be approved..as in touched and in final stages..it wont. That is what i am saying! Someone with your noa1 date just got approved yesterday. So you should be next. And despite what that website shows...people are still getting approved in less than 6 months.

Edited by MsNina

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Samfar 92 said:

It does effect all of us, I am already tired of this process, watching others getting approved....

I knew this would take many months to process. But, this is emotionally draining. Each morning I am hopeful only to have my hope fade hour by hour as the day passes. 

And to think this is just the first step of the process. Ugh.

I am happy that I found this forum. Somehow it helps to know that I am not the only one going through this.

Hang in there!  Eventually, we will all hear back.

I-751 Timeline

● Aug 11, 2022 / I-751 / Submission to USCIS

● Jun 20, 2024 / I-751 / Biometrics, i.e. fingerprint and photo

2 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

I knew this would take many months to process. But, this is emotionally draining. Each morning I am hopeful only to have my hope fade hour by hour as the day passes. 

I am happy that I found this forum. Somehow it helps to know that I am not the only one going through this.

Well...they are definitely working on october at least. So it sucks for november and december filers 😭. I dont see how they would slow done the momentum tho unless they only work on one app per day..smh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

It will come on time . Everything happens for a reason 🥰 lets think positive 

Edited by Pinti90

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, MsNina said:

Exactly..but it should not affect october or september...so dont worry too much..but at least that might give you some relief that things are moving slower and its not your fault. Omg i dont want to wait 6 to 8  months 💔😭😭

great to hear that it doesn't affect us October filers

On 3/8/2019 at 2:34 PM, Pinti90 said:

I spoke to tier 2 lady today all she said that my case is being adjudicated I said what’s that mean she said that it’s on last stage for approval or denial . I said there is a lot people after my noa1 date already getting approved letter she said it’s could be because officers grabbing files and yours might be with someone who is slower or waiting on background checks for other people . But she said it’s on a last stage and I should get something within 30 days . They all say different I don’t believe them anymore , because yesterday lady told me absolutely different and today’s lady said at last stage. 

You'll have to take what the call center tells you with a grain of salt. Remember  the call center where you call is not the California Service Center. It's very hard to get a straight answer out of USCIS and even if you call everyday there will be a different  answer. But I will say that calling often if you can handle it (I could not) is a good way to piece information together about your case. Even with  submitting an out of processing inquirie, I had to submit  two of them and both answers were different.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Megan and José said:

Ok guys, it appears there it comes a new wave of October filers approvals because we GOT APPROVED too!!

We had our NOA1 October 4th so keep your eyes open and also just take it easy, it will come.

Just about yesterday we were a bit worried about looking at November filers getting approved and we don't, but it is a weird process. So be patient and positive.

Fantastic news, congratulations you guys! :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

No one here can reason out why USCIS does things the way they do, there are no two cases worked the same way it seems some get inactivity emails every month like USCIS advertises they send, yet others ( like me) have never gotten one. One thing I can say to you is DO NOT go by the old and new sights unless it says approved. Both of those sights are NO indication that your case is being worked or not being worked. Some couples are already together in the US and their sights still say case  received. So what I am saying to you at least in the aspect of the old and new sights don't let it get you down and stress you out. In fact I would recommend not even checking either of them. That worked for me after awhile.

I read here where a few VJers are tired of seeing others get approved and not them, well that's a natural feeling and that is always going to happen. But you can't be tired and you can't give up regardless. I am a May 2018 filer and I just got approved March 6th (299 days) so imagine what that was like. This process if you let it will really wear you down, but you have to remember why you did it in the first place. I-129F petitions rarely get denied at this stage of the process and it is safe to assume that everyone will get approved maybe not quickly but it will come. Don't loose sight of that. I understand it's difficult to think positive and remain in good cheer, but you have to do it you have to find some way to over come what you are feeling.

October is looking good seems cases are getting approved left and right, that's a good thing, but unfortunately a few filers ALWAYS get left behind. Like myself I'm the last one in my month to get approved and I had to sit and watch many after me get approved even many in June  through now, so I understand what you are feeling. I know this post is windy but i just wanted to offer up a bit of cheer and to let you see that you can't give up. If I have offended anyone I surely did not intend too. Another thing to remember is that a RFE is NOT a bad thing. I would have given my right arm for one during my wait.

I don't think I could have put it any better myself! It's so easy to become disheartened when it's not you who has been approved, but like you said this is a marathon not a sprint - so we should all equip ourselves with a bit of patience! 

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone here! Stay potitive, approvals will come soon enough ☺️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.