Greenbaum

October 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,298 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, etapia said:

Did anyone find out why we are no longer receiving email notifications? Even though I have mine set up for a daily notification

This might be a better place for that question. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/14-site-related-discussion-updates-ideas-etc/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Anyone in the P3/P4 stages feeling like things are moving extra slow? We sent P3 into Montreal Dec 31, and still no P4. I realize we've got holidays and weekends in the mix there, but most recent Canada applicants go from P3>P4 within 24 hours. Not stressed or complaining or anything but just curious to see if others feel like it's slower movement than their norm... wondering if the shutdown is slowing things down at the consulates. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

On 1/6/2019 at 10:02 PM, MeghanK said:

Anyone in the P3/P4 stages feeling like things are moving extra slow? We sent P3 into Montreal Dec 31, and still no P4. I realize we've got holidays and weekends in the mix there, but most recent Canada applicants go from P3>P4 within 24 hours. Not stressed or complaining or anything but just curious to see if others feel like it's slower movement than their norm... wondering if the shutdown is slowing things down at the consulates. 

Seems like it slowed down a week into December. Hoping it picks back up again if the government ever starts again!! Ahhhh!!!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Somalia
Timeline
On 12/16/2018 at 1:17 PM, Air27 said:

Ir-2 

noa 2 Oct 22(hard copy) Nvc received it Nov 5th until now no case number yet😑

Hey, did you get assigned a case number yet? am also an IR2 Visa and wanted to follow your time line of the same

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
On 1/6/2019 at 10:02 PM, MeghanK said:

Felt like ours slowed down too. I looked back on past trends at our embassy, looks like they only responded to K-1 applications on Wednesday.  I noticed the same thing, the application most recently before us got it in 24 hours, but it was sent on a Tuesday.

I'm guessing more get processed in Canada than Panama so maybe won't see a trend like that, but we only got our emails from the Embassy on Wednesday lol.  Finally scheduled for 1/30!

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

AOS, AP, EAD NOA1 - 04/05/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

AOS Interview - 06/13/2019

event.png

1 hour ago, dwilder said:

Felt like ours slowed down too. I looked back on past trends at our embassy, looks like they only responded to K-1 applications on Wednesday.  I noticed the same thing, the application most recently before us got it in 24 hours, but it was sent on a Tuesday.

I'm guessing more get processed in Canada than Panama so maybe won't see a trend like that, but we only got our emails from the Embassy on Wednesday lol.  Finally scheduled for 1/30!

Awesome - this is helpful - hopefully Canada is still moving albeit, extra slowly. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

38 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Awesome - this is helpful - hopefully Canada is still moving albeit, extra slowly. 

My fiance had his interview today (also with the holidays, many people were scheduling next week at the end of 2018 and his was 3 weeks as the next available) and was approved! Everything was super fast and lines around the corner so hopefully that means they are picking back up again.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, Asii said:

Hey, did you get assigned a case number yet? am also an IR2 Visa and wanted to follow your time line of the same

and @Air27

You should be in the thread for Ir-1 located here. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/134-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

Those that are here are discussing K-1 visas which is different from your IR-1.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Interview next week...soooo exciting 😍

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys, I'm back (I'm part of the October crew!)  I know this should go to the Colombia thread in the regional forum, but I don't speak spanish well and no one really answers.  So here it goes (Greenbaum, I PM'd you)

I'm so confused and my fiance isn't helping.   SO she had her interview today.   She gets to the window and the guy was nice enough, and they asked her a lot of questions:  where does your fiance work, his kids, where did we meet, etc.   Then he says he cannot give her the Visa today (which I knew they didn't do anyway) because the system is down, but I think everything is ok".   If I have more questions, I will email you.  The visa should arrive in 1 to 2 weeks.

They kept her passport and gave her the domestic abuse information paper and sexual abuse information hotline paper, but he never said the words "you are approved".  So we are confused.  Thoughts?  It seems obvious, I know, but the way she rambled in the audio....I dunno 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Mahlerfanran said:

Hi guys, I'm back (I'm part of the October crew!)  I know this should go to the Colombia thread in the regional forum, but I don't speak spanish well and no one really answers.  So here it goes (Greenbaum, I PM'd you)

I'm so confused and my fiance isn't helping.   SO she had her interview today.   She gets to the window and the guy was nice enough, and they asked her a lot of questions:  where does your fiance work, his kids, where did we meet, etc.   Then he says he cannot give her the Visa today (which I knew they didn't do anyway) because the system is down, but I think everything is ok".   If I have more questions, I will email you.  The visa should arrive in 1 to 2 weeks.

They kept her passport and gave her the domestic abuse information paper and sexual abuse information hotline paper, but he never said the words "you are approved".  So we are confused.  Thoughts?  It seems obvious, I know, but the way she rambled in the audio....I dunno 

This means that your fiance was approved. Since the system is down(?), it will probably will take extra time to get everything processed. Not sure if your embassy mails out packets or hands out, if mails out, they probably gave her the domestic abuse pamphlets (they must do so), so if they'd ship, there wouldn't be any issues if someone forgot to include them. 

If they said "we can't give you visa today" but kept your passport, im fairly confident they approved, just gotta do administative processing and paperwork, and issue a visa. (Check NVC site what it says under Immigrant Visa)
Hope that helps

Timeline
8 hours ago, PaulMac said:

This means that your fiance was approved. Since the system is down(?), it will probably will take extra time to get everything processed. Not sure if your embassy mails out packets or hands out, if mails out, they probably gave her the domestic abuse pamphlets (they must do so), so if they'd ship, there wouldn't be any issues if someone forgot to include them. 

If they said "we can't give you visa today" but kept your passport, im fairly confident they approved, just gotta do administative processing and paperwork, and issue a visa. (Check NVC site what it says under Immigrant Visa)
Hope that helps

Thanks for the reply. 

So now I'm on the CEAC tracker and it went from Ready to Non-Immigrant Application Received.  😫   Case created and updated with today's date.   That doesn't sound good. Anybody knowledgable know about this?

1 hour ago, Mahlerfanran said:

Thanks for the reply. 

So now I'm on the CEAC tracker and it went from Ready to Non-Immigrant Application Received.  😫   Case created and updated with today's date.   That doesn't sound good. Anybody knowledgable know about this?

You worry TOO MUCH. :bonk: It's normal. Sit back and relax. :clock: Your visa is coming. :dance:

When your status changes from immigrant to non-immigrant your visa will be issued within days and that is what just happened (normally). I guess I might be a little knowledgeable about this. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You worry TOO MUCH. :bonk: It's normal. Sit back and relax. :clock: Your visa is coming. :dance:

When your status changes from immigrant to non-immigrant your visa will be issued within days and that is what just happened (normally). I guess I might be a little knowledgeable about this. :D

You are 100% correct and that's why I don't fight back when you get irritated with me or anybody else.   I'm feisty, but I know when I'm wrong.   And I know I'm worrying way too much.  We both are..   Snapping at each other, headaches, etc.   It is what it is.   I  usually handle pressure well, but this whole process has thoroughly kicked my ###.  I'm a mess.  I just miss my girl and we are so close, yet it seems so far.  I thought she was gonna be with me by next Saturday.  Oh well.   And yes, if I could wait a year for her, I can wait another 2 weeks.

I trust you man, you're a guru, so I feel 10000000% better and at ease now because of you.   And my girl will too.   I can relax now.   Thanks soothsayer, master of the immigration universe!  🤣🤣

35 minutes ago, Mahlerfanran said:

You are 100% correct and that's why I don't fight back when you get irritated with me or anybody else.   I'm feisty, but I know when I'm wrong.   And I know I'm worrying way too much.  We both are..   Snapping at each other, headaches, etc.   It is what it is.   I  usually handle pressure well, but this whole process has thoroughly kicked my ###.  I'm a mess.  I just miss my girl and we are so close, yet it seems so far.  I thought she was gonna be with me by next Saturday.  Oh well.   And yes, if I could wait a year for her, I can wait another 2 weeks.

I trust you man, you're a guru, so I feel 10000000% better and at ease now because of you.   And my girl will too.   I can relax now.   Thanks soothsayer, master of the immigration universe!  🤣🤣

Just let her know that everything is alright. You have to be strong for the two of you. Your just about there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.