Greenbaum

October 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,298 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mahlerfanran said:

The P3 is available on this site and I've read people who scheduled without receiving it when their case is set to Ready.   At any rate, we'll see what happens.  Worst case is they just don't have it.  

P3 availability here is complimentary and doesn't affect your visa in any way. It's just a bonus that it's available here.
Well, if there was multiple cases, that people went thru without P3 or P4, and didn't have issues, go ahead. Nothing to lose, i guess.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, kimme79 said:

I am in the same bota as you.  My fiance is on the way to her doctora appoinment this afternoon.   Thursday is the interview 0730 at the embassy...ir they are hoy ready.....well que can Hans deliver all the proof they need.

Well, ours probably was received on the same day.   Have you or she gotten anything from them saying your case isn't there?  I believe they have to have the physical copy and there's nothing we can do without it.  

5 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

P3 availability here is complimentary and doesn't affect your visa in any way. It's just a bonus that it's available here.
Well, if there was multiple cases, that people went thru without P3 or P4, and didn't have issues, go ahead. Nothing to lose, i guess.

Yes, I understand that and I never assumed it did affect my case.  But since others have been successful AND status was set to Ready, I went ahead and scheduled.  

Edited by Mahlerfanran

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mahlerfanran said:

Well, ours probably was received on the same day.   Have you or she gotten anything from them saying your case isn't there?  I believe they have to have the physical copy and there's nothing we can do without it.  

Yes, I understand that and I never assumed it did affect my case.  But since others have been successful AND status was set to Ready, I went ahead and scheduled.  

I have not personally received anything. I would have to check with her. She is in the taxi right now on the way to her appointment. The way I figure it the medical is good for 3 to 6 months. If they're not ready for her she can always go back in January medical is done (after today5pm) fingerprints done Labs is done so all she needs to do is go back for the interview and fly out of Bogota which is cheaper for me anyway so whatever.

Sincerly,

Alfredo and Denisse

K1 Timeline

Spoiler

May 25 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

May 10 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 1 2018 - Expedite requested via Phone call

Oct 15 2018 - NOA2 Notice Date 

Oct 17 2018 - NOA2 Received via mail

Nov 01 2018 - USCIS Ships Petition to NVC

Nov 09 2018 - NVC received Case (25 Days of Waiting from NOA2)

Nov 16 2018 - Case number assigned (7 Days from receipt)

Nov 19 2018 - NVC expedite email submitted

Nov 19 2018 - DS-160 submitted online

Nov 27 2018 - Received email K1-FTP from NVC w/ attachment

Nov 27 2018 - CEAC "In Transit" sent electronically to Bogota (11 Days from Case Number Assignment)

Nov 29 2018 - Case arrived at the Embassy...NVC says "Ready"

Dec 3 2018 - Lab Work

Dec 4 2018 - Fingerprints and Medical Exam

Dec 6 2018 - Interview Results "Must reschedule"

Dec 13 2018 -  Packet 3/4 received via Email (14 Days from receipt at Embassy)

Jan 18 2019 -  Interview Part 2 (Approved)

Jan 24 2019 - Visa/Passport in Hand

Jan 27 2019 - POE Miami, FL

March 30 2019 - Married 

AOS, EAD, AP Timeline

Spoiler

April 17, 2019 - Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131 sent to to USCIS (Chicago)

April 24, 2019 - Text messages rcvd with case number (7 days of waiting from sending Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131)

April 29, 2019 - NOA1 received hard copy (12 days of waiting from sending Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131)

May 6, 2019 - ASC Appointment notice for fingerprints (20 days of waiting from sending forms)

May 13, 2019 - BioMetrics completed (27 Days after mailing of forms)

RFE 2019 - RFE was for translation copy of Beneficiary Birth Certificate.

Aug 01, 2019 - NOA for Form I485 (AOS)

Sep 5, 2019 - Interview @Durham USCIS

Sep 12, 2019 -  Receipt of Permanent Resident card (5 months from mailing of I-485)

Timeline

I feel for the folks who had appointments tomorrow around the world.  All of the embassies are closing for GHWB memorial and they have to reschedule.   

Timeline
4 minutes ago, kimme79 said:

I have not personally received anything. I would have to check with her. She is in the taxi right now on the way to her appointment. The way I figure it the medical is good for 3 to 6 months. If they're not ready for her she can always go back in January medical is done (after today5pm) fingerprints done Labs is done so all she needs to do is go back for the interview and fly out of Bogota which is cheaper for me anyway so whatever.

Yup, same for me...It just sucks because I wanted her here for the holidays.   My fiance's appointment is at 6pm.  SO like I said we're going to push on and see what happens.   Let me know if you get anything from the embassy.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mahlerfanran said:

Yup, same for me...It just sucks because I wanted her here for the holidays.   My fiance's appointment is at 6pm.  SO like I said we're going to push on and see what happens.   Let me know if you get anything from the embassy.

As I was typing this message to you guys, fiance just notified me to that she received that message from the embassy. I just finished telling her doesn't matter could you just continue on the mission until they tell you no.

Sincerly,

Alfredo and Denisse

K1 Timeline

Spoiler

May 25 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

May 10 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 1 2018 - Expedite requested via Phone call

Oct 15 2018 - NOA2 Notice Date 

Oct 17 2018 - NOA2 Received via mail

Nov 01 2018 - USCIS Ships Petition to NVC

Nov 09 2018 - NVC received Case (25 Days of Waiting from NOA2)

Nov 16 2018 - Case number assigned (7 Days from receipt)

Nov 19 2018 - NVC expedite email submitted

Nov 19 2018 - DS-160 submitted online

Nov 27 2018 - Received email K1-FTP from NVC w/ attachment

Nov 27 2018 - CEAC "In Transit" sent electronically to Bogota (11 Days from Case Number Assignment)

Nov 29 2018 - Case arrived at the Embassy...NVC says "Ready"

Dec 3 2018 - Lab Work

Dec 4 2018 - Fingerprints and Medical Exam

Dec 6 2018 - Interview Results "Must reschedule"

Dec 13 2018 -  Packet 3/4 received via Email (14 Days from receipt at Embassy)

Jan 18 2019 -  Interview Part 2 (Approved)

Jan 24 2019 - Visa/Passport in Hand

Jan 27 2019 - POE Miami, FL

March 30 2019 - Married 

AOS, EAD, AP Timeline

Spoiler

April 17, 2019 - Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131 sent to to USCIS (Chicago)

April 24, 2019 - Text messages rcvd with case number (7 days of waiting from sending Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131)

April 29, 2019 - NOA1 received hard copy (12 days of waiting from sending Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131)

May 6, 2019 - ASC Appointment notice for fingerprints (20 days of waiting from sending forms)

May 13, 2019 - BioMetrics completed (27 Days after mailing of forms)

RFE 2019 - RFE was for translation copy of Beneficiary Birth Certificate.

Aug 01, 2019 - NOA for Form I485 (AOS)

Sep 5, 2019 - Interview @Durham USCIS

Sep 12, 2019 -  Receipt of Permanent Resident card (5 months from mailing of I-485)

6 hours ago, Danery said:

hey I'll pray for her :) everything will be ok, just a question, for you and maybe @Greenbaum can help us too. Do we need fingerprints? where is supossed we have to do it? I thought that it was only medical exam and interview... 

Thank you again for your help

Finger prints are done at the interview. It's part of the check in process after you go through security. They will give you a number and you will follow it on a screen. The first call will be the submitting the documents and finger printing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
9 minutes ago, kimme79 said:

As I was typing this message to you guys, fiance just notified me to that she received that message from the embassy. I just finished telling her doesn't matter could you just continue on the mission until they tell you no.

Yeah, like I said..worse case is they tell you no, we still don't have it.   There's a spot open on the 13th, although I doubt it will be there on Thursday.   It looks like spots open back up sometimes...could be people rescheduling, etc because at first the 13th wasn't available.   I'm crossing my fingers for both of us.

6 hours ago, payxibka said:

I have never heard of a fingerprint requirement 

Finger printing will be the first stop after you go through security. They'll call the beneficiary's number and the finger prints will be taken and then onto the Filipino consulate to turn in your documents. They take what they need and give the rest to the US CO.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Finger printing will be the first stop after you go through security. They'll call the beneficiary's number and the finger prints will be taken and then onto the Filipino consulate to turn in your documents. They take what they need and give the rest to the US CO.

I know,  the original question was regarding a possible pre-arrival requirement,  which I have never heard of 

YMMV

2 hours ago, Grace1894 said:

Hi @Greenbaum, or anyone else whose done this part,  would you be able to answer a question for me. My fiance has received an email copy of the P3 from the Embassy and I will be completing the I-134 form. I just wanted to know that in the supporting evidence, do we provide all of the things listed below from A to C, or do we choose between the 3 of evidence to provide? I just want to be sure, I mean obviously nothing bad with turning in all three (or A & B) but I would just need to know to get in contact with my bank and get the information needed ASAP to send the documents in. 

Thank you, I appreciate any help. 

You can't go wrong with following what is in the following paragraph.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

16 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I know,  the original question was regarding a possible pre-arrival requirement,  which I have never heard of 

I didn't understand that part. It sounded like at the interview. Then I agree with your comment.

I never heard it being done, but hey when one gets it done then now it's Homeland Security's policy and passes through thread after thread as the truth. Oy Vey!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, PaulMac said:

Usually embassy will contact you first once they are ready, and send out the P3 and you send them the required docs ahead of the interview. Have you done that?

Not true. Some Embassies do not require that the docs be returned before allowing for scheduling or attendance. Some do and some don't. Best to hook up within your regional sub-forum where those from your country will have the answer.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Mahlerfanran said:

YES.  It has said Ready since Thursday.    I'm going to just tell her to still go, and worse case is they still don't have it.  No harm done.  And we'll just have to reschedule.   I know it's there, (DHL delivered Friday AM)  but somebody just hasn't gone to pull it.  I dunno.

If it is set to "Ready" then they are prepared for the interview. Does it give you any additional information as to what to do and when to do it in the P3. If not, then let'r rip.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Mahlerfanran said:

Well, my fiance just got this in her email:

Although it was set to ready and I saw that DHL delivered it last Friday, they are claiming they don't have it.   We're devastated because there are no more appointments in December.   Has anybody else had experience with this?  I replied to the email, but they seem slow.  For now, I told my fiancee to just keep pushing ahead.   Anybody have any advice/answers??

I just read this after I replied to your early post. The record can be set to ready but the preparation for the interview is not completed which will cause you to be turned away and requiring a reschedule. If you follow the calendar there can be cancellations that you can grab but you have to be watching for that to happen.

You can find yourself too early if they don't have time to prepare. As some will set to ready but the CO has not reviewed the file hence their not ready.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.