Greenbaum

October 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,298 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, cashtribe9x said:

I had my interview today, presented all documents and etc. the Co said all my documents were fine but she gave me a 221g requesting a follow up interview where my petitioner (fiancé) and I must be present as well as more proof of relationship; pictures, phone logs and money transfer receipts. Just here a bit  worried on what is going to happen. Can anybody give me a little enlightenment on what to expect. Also would they issue it without the follow up interview and etc. being that she said all my documents were fine? Thank you in advance.

How many pictures did you show? Did you have hotel receipts?  Boarding passes?  Chat logs?

6 hours ago, cashtribe9x said:

I had my interview today, presented all documents and etc. the Co said all my documents were fine but she gave me a 221g requesting a follow up interview where my petitioner (fiancé) and I must be present as well as more proof of relationship; pictures, phone logs and money transfer receipts. Just here a bit  worried on what is going to happen. Can anybody give me a little enlightenment on what to expect. Also would they issue it without the follow up interview and etc. being that she said all my documents were fine? Thank you in advance.

From what you have stated, it's my opinion that the CO is not 100% on board that you have a relationship. If they didn't believe that they would have denied your application. But, the fact that they want to interview both of you, they are trying to be 100% that you have a relationship and not something else. This is coming from how you answered your questions and the evidence to support your relationship that was presented at the interview. There is nothing you can say or do to analyze the situation. You need to put together a strong case for your return for the second interview.

First is documents. Everything that can tie the two of you together in a relationship starting with pictures of the two of you together in and around your town to pictures with family. Family pictures are very strong evidence. They are solid and undisputable. Second is your demeaner at the interview. You both have to be confident, smile, and look the CO in the eyes and answer their questions with facts and to the point. Don't ramble with your answers. If you don't know the answer, then your answer is just that; I don't know. Be honest and truthful with your answers.

You may be interviewed separately with the same questions asked so that your answers can be compared. So, if you feel the need to delve into his background more then the two of you need to talk. The I-129f is a good pre interview tool but it can help you now. If you do not have a copy get one from him/her and read over the information. It's not something needed for the interview (I-129f). You can do the same with the I-134 but that was needed for the interview but study it so you have an idea about his/her financial situation.

Go and read the Consulate reviews here on VJ. Select your flag and on the upper middle portion of the page you will see a link for that item.

You guys can do this. Be strong for each other!!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, TravelerUSA said:

Does anyone know how I can check the status of my visa? The interview was yesterday!

thank you

Ceac

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
18 hours ago, Mahlerfanran said:

Well, just an update.  Interview is scheduled for Thursday and we are stressed and scared.  We're both not sleeping and we're snappy.  Today, she did her labs and fingerprints.  Tomm the medical exam.   I can't concentrate and work, it's pretty bad.   I sent her so much paper...I'm going to bury them in everything:  relationship evidence (about 25 pics, engagement ring receipts, hotel and flight receipts for the period from April - November (I've been just about every other month...average 6 weeks apart)  financial info (3 months paystubs, employment letter, 2 years of tax returns and W2), Intent letters.   She is an absolute wreck..she's not from Bogota and is alone in a hotel for 4 days.  I wish I could have gone to be with her, but tomorrow is an important day at my job and I just couldn't do it.  We would have scheduled for later, but there are no more appointments for this month.    Not worried about documents, she's just scared of the interview.   Sigh.  

hey I'll pray for her :) everything will be ok, just a question, for you and maybe @Greenbaum can help us too. Do we need fingerprints? where is supossed we have to do it? I thought that it was only medical exam and interview... 

Thank you again for your help

Timeline
13 minutes ago, TravelerUSA said:

Does anyone know how I can check the status of my visa? The interview was yesterday!

thank you

You can check in teh same page from NVC, with the same case number :)

You will see first : " Administrative process"

then: " issue"

Then: You will receive it by dhl ( your full package for travelling with your passport)

hope it helps https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Timeline
Just now, Danery said:

You can check in teh same page from NVC, with the same case number :)

You will see first : " Administrative process"

then: " issue"

Then: You will receive it by dhl ( your full package for travelling with your passport)

hope it helps https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

@TravelerUSA do not open the package you will receive you have to give it to the inmigration officer at the airport when you arrive to US

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Danery said:

hey I'll pray for her :) everything will be ok, just a question, for you and maybe @Greenbaum can help us too. Do we need fingerprints? where is supossed we have to do it? I thought that it was only medical exam and interview... 

Thank you again for your help

I have never heard of a fingerprint requirement 

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I have never heard of a fingerprint requirement 

ya me either...but this guy said that his fiance had finger prints...so Im confused 

Edited by Danery

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

From what you have stated, it's my opinion that the CO is not 100% on board that you have a relationship. If they didn't believe that they would have denied your application. But, the fact that they want to interview both of you, they are trying to be 100% that you have a relationship and not something else. This is coming from how you answered your questions and the evidence to support your relationship that was presented at the interview. There is nothing you can say or do to analyze the situation. You need to put together a strong case for your return for the second interview.

First is documents. Everything that can tie the two of you together in a relationship starting with pictures of the two of you together in and around your town to pictures with family. Family pictures are very strong evidence. They are solid and undisputable. Second is your demeaner at the interview. You both have to be confident, smile, and look the CO in the eyes and answer their questions with facts and to the point. Don't ramble with your answers. If you don't know the answer, then your answer is just that; I don't know. Be honest and truthful with your answers.

You may be interviewed separately with the same questions asked so that your answers can be compared. So, if you feel the need to delve into his background more then the two of you need to talk. The I-129f is a good pre interview tool but it can help you now. If you do not have a copy get one from him/her and read over the information. It's not something needed for the interview (I-129f). You can do the same with the I-134 but that was needed for the interview but study it so you have an idea about his/her financial situation.

Go and read the Consulate reviews here on VJ. Select your flag and on the upper middle portion of the page you will see a link for that item.

You guys can do this. Be strong for each other!!

Thank you for your response. But I don’t have anymore appropriate pictures of us. I submitted good amount of pictures (30) at the interview but the problem I think is that because she does not visit for long duration of times to my country those pictures might not cut it. So if it is up to pictures of us to save me I think I will be doomed.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Danery said:

ya me either...but this guy said that his fiance had finger prints...so Im confused 

Same consulate?

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mahlerfanran said:

How many pictures did you show? Did you have hotel receipts?  Boarding passes?  Chat logs?

I gave 30 pictures about one week worth of pictures for this year she visited twice this year. I didn’t included boarding pass, she stayed at my house so the hotel part is out. But our chat log is very inappropriate lots of sexual talk and nudes I don’t think that can be of any use.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Danery said:

nop, I'm from Peru is south america too is different but Idk maybe there's something i forgot 

Local processing is always different.   What occurs in Rio has no bearing on Lima 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Danery said:

nop, I'm from Peru is south america too is different but Idk maybe there's something i forgot 

Peru...mmmmm...preocupate the situation!

My fiancé is in Colombia.

Sincerly,

Alfredo and Denisse

K1 Timeline

Spoiler

May 25 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

May 10 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 1 2018 - Expedite requested via Phone call

Oct 15 2018 - NOA2 Notice Date 

Oct 17 2018 - NOA2 Received via mail

Nov 01 2018 - USCIS Ships Petition to NVC

Nov 09 2018 - NVC received Case (25 Days of Waiting from NOA2)

Nov 16 2018 - Case number assigned (7 Days from receipt)

Nov 19 2018 - NVC expedite email submitted

Nov 19 2018 - DS-160 submitted online

Nov 27 2018 - Received email K1-FTP from NVC w/ attachment

Nov 27 2018 - CEAC "In Transit" sent electronically to Bogota (11 Days from Case Number Assignment)

Nov 29 2018 - Case arrived at the Embassy...NVC says "Ready"

Dec 3 2018 - Lab Work

Dec 4 2018 - Fingerprints and Medical Exam

Dec 6 2018 - Interview Results "Must reschedule"

Dec 13 2018 -  Packet 3/4 received via Email (14 Days from receipt at Embassy)

Jan 18 2019 -  Interview Part 2 (Approved)

Jan 24 2019 - Visa/Passport in Hand

Jan 27 2019 - POE Miami, FL

March 30 2019 - Married 

AOS, EAD, AP Timeline

Spoiler

April 17, 2019 - Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131 sent to to USCIS (Chicago)

April 24, 2019 - Text messages rcvd with case number (7 days of waiting from sending Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131)

April 29, 2019 - NOA1 received hard copy (12 days of waiting from sending Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131)

May 6, 2019 - ASC Appointment notice for fingerprints (20 days of waiting from sending forms)

May 13, 2019 - BioMetrics completed (27 Days after mailing of forms)

RFE 2019 - RFE was for translation copy of Beneficiary Birth Certificate.

Aug 01, 2019 - NOA for Form I485 (AOS)

Sep 5, 2019 - Interview @Durham USCIS

Sep 12, 2019 -  Receipt of Permanent Resident card (5 months from mailing of I-485)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.