dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2018

712 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Andy josue said:

Ok ,log in as the petitioner  not aplicant,not both of you ,whoever is the petitioner log in and re-try..

2 minutes ago, Binaa said:

thank you, so you're sure there will be no cancellation for all the steps, I'm afraid it takes for a traffoc and we cancel the proceedings we waited 1 year until the and mntn that we are ready to the end it happens to us: '(

Don’t worry ! You just need to wait a little bit and re log into the website! If it doesn’t work now give it a try later 

When you submit, Nvc check every document and if something is missing they will tell you what to do

so really calm down you are ok 👍🏼 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/26/2018 at 3:05 PM, CappuccinoMo said:

Our i864 was incomplete (missing pages) they said...

for the first submission it took 5working Days

we will see for the second submission 🤷🏻‍♀️ We won’t call or anything just wait for them to review it

good luck 👍🏼 

Hello,

I did hear from them today just as you predicted. Unfortunately, they requested I replace one of the documents.

I submitted it 2 hours later. 

I know your case completed on the 31st.

When did you resubmit your i864?

Thanks for your help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, VicZ said:

Hello,

I did hear from them today just as you predicted. Unfortunately, they requested I replace one of the documents.

Thanks for your help.

Hello 

My husband resubmitted our i864 on Sunday oct 28! 

Its just a matter of days! It won’t take them much time to review it 😉

good luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

help

I am filling out DS 260 for my wife. I live in USA. it asks for spouse address that's me . there are so many option what to choose

-Same as present address

- Same as intended U.S. address

- Don't know

- Other (specify address)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, nickymicky said:

help

I am filling out DS 260 for my wife. I live in USA. it asks for spouse address that's me . there are so many option what to choose

-Same as present address

- Same as intended U.S. address

- Don't know

- Other (specify address)

I believe it should be "Same as intended U.S. address", especially if you put your address when you answered the intend to live, under Permanent Address section.

Edited by fiorindia
adding quote to alert

Timeline
8 minutes ago, fiorindia said:

I believe it should be "Same as intended U.S. address", especially if you put your address when you answered the intend to live, under Permanent Address section.

yes I did

Timeline
13 hours ago, Rajat Aggarwal said:

Not yet. I am expecting today or tomorrow, the payments in my bank account cleared this morning.

Finally submitted AOS and IV package.

waiting for the case complete now :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
8 hours ago, VicZ said:

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

It’s been 7 days since I submitted AOS online. I haven’t heard anything 😫

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sweetamooni said:

It’s been 7 days since I submitted AOS online. I haven’t heard anything 😫

It took ages for mine and a few people I’ve spoken to the same date range 

Submitted on 13th September  accepted on 11th October 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

It took ages for mine and a few people I’ve spoken to the same date range 

Submitted on 13th September  accepted on 11th October 

Oh no. That’s disheartening. My DS260 was approved within a week so I thought it would be the same for AOS.  I guess I’ll stop checking my  e-mail obsessively 😝

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sweetamooni said:

Oh no. That’s disheartening. My DS260 was approved within a week so I thought it would be the same for AOS.  I guess I’ll stop checking my  e-mail obsessively 😝

I know - I always used to say that and before I knew it I was logged on checking again 🤣. But I have seen some that both sections get approved in under 2 weeks. It’s weird ,. Their doesn’t seem to be consistency lol. 

I know my first section got approved within a few days. 

If it gets to over 2 weeks and still hasn’t just give them a call. I did and once I started calling a few days it was accepted 🙂 

Good luck 

Timeline

I uploaded all the civil documents on ceac site on 11/01.

regarding marriage certificate I uploaded only English translation  because where it says upload marriage certificate I can upload only one copy.. do I need to upload original marriage certificate too which is in foreign language?. I sent copy of original marriage certificate plus translation at USCIS stage while filling I 130 so hope they already got my files from USCIS.

or its not necessary  to upload now and we can take it at the interview stage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
5 minutes ago, nickymicky said:

I uploaded all the civil documents on ceac site on 11/01.

regarding marriage certificate I uploaded only English translation  because where it says upload marriage certificate I can upload only one copy.. do I need to upload original marriage certificate too which is in foreign language?. I sent copy of original marriage certificate plus translation at USCIS stage while filling I 130 so hope they already got my files from USCIS.

or its not necessary  to upload now and we can take it at the interview stage.

Yes you have to upload a copy of your original marriage certificate,otherwise they will reject the document and will delay your case..and I don’t think you have to submit a translation of any document you submit to NVC ,at least I didn’t do it and they accept it..

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Andy josue said:

Yes you have to upload a copy of your original marriage certificate,otherwise they will reject the document and will delay your case..and I don’t think you have to submit a translation of any document you submit to NVC ,at least I didn’t do it and they accept it..

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

its says All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa, must be accompanied by certified translations.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
Just now, nickymicky said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

its says All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa, must be accompanied by certified translations.

Mine wasn’t written in English but it’s in Spanish the official lenguage where my wife will be having the interview so that means she doesn’t need an English translation ,so that’s why I didn’t submit a translation to NVC and they accepted ..!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.