jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Hey guys , we recieved an RFIE before 2 weeks regarding I-864 a and than my lawyer submitted its response last friday , it was delivered on monday and today our case status for i-485 has changed to Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review 

On March 27, 2019, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, . Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence. 

So did they accepted my response or are they still reviewing?

9 minutes ago, Romei said:

Hey guys , we recieved an RFIE before 2 weeks regarding I-864 a and than my lawyer submitted its response last friday , it was delivered on monday and today our case status for i-485 has changed to Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review 

On March 27, 2019, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, . Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Romei said:

Exactly what it says. They are still reviewing. My status never did change after my RFIE. It stayed on "On November 13, we sent a request for initial evidence" I waited about a month after I sent my RFIE response, and I called them, just to make sure they got my response, because they didn't update my status when they received it. I had the same status from November 13 until March 25 when it finally changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" At least you know they received your response. Your status will likely stay the way it is now, until it changes to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"...which can be months. Some people never, ever have a status update. It's very inconsistent. 

Edited by NikkiFromCanada

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Romei said:

I got RFE notification on 28th February. Received the letter on 7th March, sent it back the next day. Got notification that USCIS received it on 12th March and then on 18th March got another notification: “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview” And there it has stayed now for 9 days.... I was hoping that they would approve my EAD like asap! 

1 hour ago, Katri said:

I got RFE notification on 28th February. Received the letter on 7th March, sent it back the next day. Got notification that USCIS received it on 12th March and then on 18th March got another notification: “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview” And there it has stayed now for 9 days.... I was hoping that they would approve my EAD like asap! 

RFE for your I485 or EAD/AP?

Timeline
50 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

RFE for your I485 or EAD/AP?

485.... So now there shouldn’t be any reason that they couldn’t process my EAD. Except if they send RFE from that too! 😬

8 minutes ago, Katri said:

485.... So now there shouldn’t be any reason that they couldn’t process my EAD. Except if they send RFE from that too! 😬

Correct. An RFE for any of the 3 petitions will pause processing of all of them until the RFE is cleared up. I cant remember what your I485 RFE was for but if its only I485 related I wouldnt worry too much about an RFE for EAD/AP unless they find something seperate to issue an RFE for that.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Correct. An RFE for any of the 3 petitions will pause processing of all of them until the RFE is cleared up. I cant remember what your I485 RFE was for but if its only I485 related I wouldnt worry too much about an RFE for EAD/AP unless they find something seperate to issue an RFE for that.

Apparently they lost our affidavit because that was what they asked. (And I did check and we did send it the first time...).

1 minute ago, Katri said:

Apparently they lost our affidavit because that was what they asked. (And I did check and we did send it the first time...).

Yes so that's I485 related only. 

Likely you'll be fine unless they come up with something else for the EAD/AP applications. Usually RFEs for those arrive at the end of the process though so you may not be in the all clear just yet but at least they are all back to actively processing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So we got his social security number before but now when they sent the new social security after his EAD it is different than the first one. Do they change the number after EAD?

26 minutes ago, Sweethj said:

So we got his social security number before but now when they sent the new social security after his EAD it is different than the first one. Do they change the number after EAD?

No. Whats different?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No. Whats different?

So they left off his middle name and assigned him a totally different number than the one we originally got.

22 minutes ago, Sweethj said:

So they left off his middle name and assigned him a totally different number than the one we originally got.

That's not right. You only get one in your life. You will need to go in and ask.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi! They received this morning my RFE letter and I received the update by e-mail and on the app saying "Response to USCIS' request for evidence was received". I hope next week when they start october in their website we all get faster responses.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.