jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, DIVITA said:

My timeline saying I should have received EAD/AP march 14 to March 24 should i call uscis? 

Sadly we got to just wait until the date of when it exceeds their timelines of what they are processing.

According to visa journey I was supposed to be approved March 8th etc. But they are just an estimate. 

Those lazy workers over at USCIS better be approving Visas soon or they about to get multiple phone calls daily as soon as it reaches the point of when I can enquire.

And when I can work maybe I can apply for a job at USCIS as from what I understand you can loose people's case files. Work from home and spend over 5-6 months reviewing case files that already have been reviewed prior when the K1 applicants had to wait  10+ months for their approval.

Sounds easy to me.

Edited by Gama

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is some hopeful news for those waiting.... 

B2 Visitor to 10 year Perm Resident & filed -I-485,765,131,130 concurrently. 

Receipt Date: October 1st, 2018 (The priority date is blank on my AOS, only receipt date filled in)

Biometrics: Nov 2, 2018

I-485: March 19 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled

I-485: March 20 - Case Has Been Scheduled

I-485: March 25 - Received Interview Notice in the mail: April 24 in Fresno, CA

*No updates at all on 765 or 131... Im not sure if they will even process them if I have an interview date scheduled?!?!? Anyone else have a similar timeline and can tell me if they still received EAD/AP !?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

My status finally changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" I know it can sit at that status for months, but I'm just so happy to see some kind of update!

Girlllllll, mine updated on March 19th ready to be scheduled... Then..March 20: Scheduled...Then..March 25: notice for interview in the mail..... how quickly the next step is, depends on your field office... but get hopeful........ 

5 hours ago, DIVITA said:

My timeline saying I should have received EAD/AP march 14 to March 24 should i call uscis? 

No you have to use the processing times from USCIS, not VJ.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, CanadianKristy said:

Girlllllll, mine updated on March 19th ready to be scheduled... Then..March 20: Scheduled...Then..March 25: notice for interview in the mail..... how quickly the next step is, depends on your field office... but get hopeful........ 

Stoppppp! Omg please say the same happens to me!!! 😩🤞🏼

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's amazing how USCIS can be a mess!!!

They didn't enter my apartment number in the system as it was on my forms... so I never received my receipt notices... then I called them on November to figure what had happened and they put a request to change my address... it was completed and I assumed my address was right... until the beginning of March I had not received my Biometrics apointment letter, so I called them multiple times until they transfer me to an officer and she rescheduled my biometrics appointment and faxed me the letter... after that I filled an AR-11 (address change you do online) for each one of my cases... I got a letter in the mail saying that my address was updated for the I-131 and another one for the I-485... I got nervous because they didn't send one for the I-765, so I called them today again, and for my surprise my address for the I-765 is still without the apartment number!!! 🤦‍♂️

One more time they put a request for change of address, but I am losing my hopes with USCIS, and I will go to the USPS office and talk to my mail man to see what they can do to help me 😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi All! Since I noticed after sending the forms that we forgot to translate my birth certificate, I already had a translation waiting at home and I could send it to them overnight yesterday, in the same day we received the letter at home.The thing is its already passed 5 months I would like to know if this RFE will have any effect on my EAD

1 minute ago, anna lucia said:

Hi All! Since I noticed after sending the forms that we forgot to translate my birth certificate, I already had a translation waiting at home and I could send it to them overnight yesterday, in the same day we received the letter at home.The thing is its already passed 5 months I would like to know if this RFE will have any effect on my EAD

RFEs are generally issued for EADs at the end of the process (ie once they are finally reviewing your application). You wont know until you get an RFE but likely you will get one if your BC is not in English. You'll just have to wait.

Timeline
4 hours ago, BrazilianInTexas said:

It's amazing how USCIS can be a mess!!!

They didn't enter my apartment number in the system as it was on my forms... so I never received my receipt notices... then I called them on November to figure what had happened and they put a request to change my address... it was completed and I assumed my address was right... until the beginning of March I had not received my Biometrics apointment letter, so I called them multiple times until they transfer me to an officer and she rescheduled my biometrics appointment and faxed me the letter... after that I filled an AR-11 (address change you do online) for each one of my cases... I got a letter in the mail saying that my address was updated for the I-131 and another one for the I-485... I got nervous because they didn't send one for the I-765, so I called them today again, and for my surprise my address for the I-765 is still without the apartment number!!! 🤦‍♂️

One more time they put a request for change of address, but I am losing my hopes with USCIS, and I will go to the USPS office and talk to my mail man to see what they can do to help me 😭

OMG what a mess!  You can call another day to confirm if they really changed. And I hope this mail man can help you! 

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

RFEs are generally issued for EADs at the end of the process (ie once they are finally reviewing your application). You wont know until you get an RFE but likely you will get one if your BC is not in English. You'll just have to wait.

Hi! Yes, I already received the RFE related to my BC translation and I already sent it back. This was linked to my greencard application and not to my EAD, so thats why i was asking.

3 minutes ago, anna lucia said:

Hi! Yes, I already received the RFE related to my BC translation and I already sent it back. This was linked to my greencard application and not to my EAD, so thats why i was asking.

EAD and AOS are separate though. Likely you will receive one for your EAD application too. You just have to wait for that RFE to arrive too if it comes.

RFEs generally come at the end for EAD and at the beginning for AOS.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

EAD and AOS are separate though. Likely you will receive one for your EAD application too. You just have to wait for that RFE to arrive too if it comes.

RFEs generally come at the end for EAD and at the beginning for AOS.

Ok Thank you! Just weird because they only touched my greencard application right now, after 5 months I received the RFE

5 minutes ago, anna lucia said:

Ok Thank you! Just weird because they only touched my greencard application right now, after 5 months I received the RFE

Like Forrest Gump said...."Sh!t happens" 🤷‍♀️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
14 hours ago, anna lucia said:

Yea I also got RFE few weeks back. Who knows how they operate.... Slowly mostly. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My Wife was approved for her 2 year conditional green card yesterday at the Denver field office! She was here on a non-immigrant visa (B2) and we got married before it expired. Here’s our timeline:

-NOA for I-765, I-485, and I-130 received on 10/23/2018

-Biometrics completed on 11/21/2018

-Notice received in January confirming that we did not include an I-693 with our application and asked to bring it in to any scheduled appointment

-2/25/2019 received interview appointment notice by mail. Interview scheduled for 3/26/19

-3/6/2019 notice that EAD card was being produced on tracker app. Card received 3/15/19

-Interview on 3/26/19 took about 20 minutes, the guy didnt’t like some of our evidence (bank statements didn’t show enough activity, car insurance policy number wasn’t good enough) but he said he could tell from our pictures that we were a real couple. Tracker app updated to card being produced a few hours later!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.