jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

RFIE hardcopy received!

Mine is the same as your case @DeepakChani. They either lost my MCs or they have no idea how to read MCs that do not have the new married surname listed as attached to the bride's name on it. 

The RFIE says my application name doesn't match my IDs/USCIS recorded name. (Facepalm).

Will respond with two new photocopies of the MC with my husband's surname highlighted.

Any further advice @DeepakChani?

I'll pm you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Totally.

*had. I'm presuming they lost it. Surely they wont admit to that though.

Either way, I'll be sending it out Monday. Crossing my fingers for positive results.

*Fingers Crossed* 

44 minutes ago, Gama said:

Hahaha your assuming USCIS workers are actually able to read.

Unless it's doughnuts or coffee or a pinacalda USCIS are useless.  Oh forgot to mention the only thing that they never seem to have issues with is Cashing them cheques 😂🤣

Hah! Yes sorry I presumed that there were people of actual capability there... but indeed very quick to take our money and very slow to give us any progress! Though with the current administration.... I'm not surprised the changes that occur almost every week must be a drag for them. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/22/2019 at 7:05 PM, kash11 said:

Hi guys! 

Just wanted to update the group: when I filed the form I-765 (EAD), I checked the box where they asked if I wanted the SSA to issue me a new/replacement SSN. I didn't know if they would actually send it to me and I would still have to visit my local SSA office, but I received my new SSN in the mail today! I'm glad that it did save me the trip to go the SSA office.

EAD Approved: 03/14

EAD Card Received: 03/21

SSN Received: 03/22

Hopefully the others who filed EAD and asked for their SSN through the form would also get theirs without having to go to an SSA office!

Just a question I dont remember if we requested a new SSN card but does the new card say something different than the original one which said not allowed to work without proper documentation?

1 hour ago, Sweethj said:

Just a question I dont remember if we requested a new SSN card but does the new card say something different than the original one which said not allowed to work without proper documentation?

No. That message wont get removed until after you receive your GC and go back to SSA and present that for them to remove it. Your SSN at the moment is only useful in collaboration with your EAD. That's why it states that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No. That message wont get removed until after you receive your GC and go back to SSA and present that for them to remove it. Your SSN at the moment is only useful in collaboration with your EAD. That's why it states that.

Thank you

has anyone else noticed date differences between the old and new sites? The old site says EAD received 10/5, and AOS ready to schedule interview as of 10/30. New site says case ready to be scheduled 10/31, and EAD was 'Submitted 10/8, received 10/9'

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

has anyone else noticed date differences between the old and new sites? The old site says EAD received 10/5, and AOS ready to schedule interview as of 10/30. New site says case ready to be scheduled 10/31, and EAD was 'Submitted 10/8, received 10/9'

I am wondering should I check the both sites because all the notifications has come to the new site. Old site all applications says only "Case received"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi guys I received an email saying that they are still reviewing my application. Do anyone know why if 2 weeks ago i got email saying ready for interview 

49 minutes ago, DIVITA said:

Hi guys I received an email saying that they are still reviewing my application. Do anyone know why if 2 weeks ago i got email saying ready for interview 

Mine was marked ready to schedule for interview back in October lol. I don't think that the statuses really mean too much till they say approved anymore 😂

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

50 minutes ago, DIVITA said:

Its a setting on https://my.uscis.gov/account/

You can set it to no to keep the emails from being sent every two weeks.

my uscis.png

1 hour ago, DIVITA said:

This is a generic email. They send it out to ppl long after they receive their GCs even. Please disregard, lol.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have been waiting for our interview letter --online says interview scheduled and interview letter mailed. Today I received a notice to bring the I-693 --which we haven't done. I noticed my mailman stated that my husband did not live at this address---and it was since then returned but some how it was put back in my box.  There was a yellow return address and also "does not live here" on the letter. I am getting worried our interview letter is also returned---despite even our mail slot stating my husbands name (we have very different names)

Is there any where I can call to find out when the interview is? We also need to get the medical portion done. I can't risk missing the interview.

5 minutes ago, redcat56 said:

Today I received a notice to bring the I-693 --which we haven't done. 

The notice to bring the I693 is just a courtesy letter reminding all AOS interviewees that they need to fulfill the medical requirement. 

As a K1 (I didnt check if you are) you dont need to redo your medical as long as you filed your AOS within one year of your overseas medical date and fulfilled the vaccination requirements that were needed on that medical exam day too. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

6 minutes ago, redcat56 said:

I have been waiting for our interview letter --online says interview scheduled and interview letter mailed. Today I received a notice to bring the I-693 --which we haven't done. I noticed my mailman stated that my husband did not live at this address---and it was since then returned but some how it was put back in my box.  There was a yellow return address and also "does not live here" on the letter. I am getting worried our interview letter is also returned---despite even our mail slot stating my husbands name (we have very different names)

Is there any where I can call to find out when the interview is? We also need to get the medical portion done. I can't risk missing the interview.

You can call USCIS and find out but I would find out what's going on with your mail too. 

Go to your local post office ASAP. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.