jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/21/2019 at 1:11 AM, Naes said:

It’s the new name of the office.

chicago national office used to do ead/ ap basically same job as today’s nbc, became Missouri service center first (job wise) the. Named national benefits center. (The reason for MSC code) In vj it is still Chicago national office, so everyone will fill it that way. 

Chicago field office is a local office. Does not do ead/ap in this case.

@Naes can you clear out your inbox so I can message you? Thanks.

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Hi guys! 

Just wanted to update the group: when I filed the form I-765 (EAD), I checked the box where they asked if I wanted the SSA to issue me a new/replacement SSN. I didn't know if they would actually send it to me and I would still have to visit my local SSA office, but I received my new SSN in the mail today! I'm glad that it did save me the trip to go the SSA office.

EAD Approved: 03/14

EAD Card Received: 03/21

SSN Received: 03/22

Hopefully the others who filed EAD and asked for their SSN through the form would also get theirs without having to go to an SSA office!

Edited by kash11

6 minutes ago, kash11 said:

Hi guys! 

Just wanted to update the group: when I filed the form I-765 (EAD), I checked the box where they asked if I wanted the SSA to issue me a new/replacement SSN. I didn't know if they would actually send it to me and I would still have to visit my local SSA office, but I received my new SSN in the mail today! I'm glad that it did save me the trip to go the SSA office.

EAD Approved: 03/14

EAD Card Received: 03/21

SSN Received: 03/22

Hopefully the others who filed EAD and asked for their SSN through the form would also get theirs without having to go to an SSA office!

Yaaaayyyy! Congrats!

PS can you update your timeline to help VJ record the stats for the rest of us please.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, x_driven_x said:

@Naes can you clear out your inbox so I can message you? Thanks.

Oh @x_driven_x I miss your K1 scans!!! I wish I could do EAD scans but I'm sure it's not possible! Hope all is well with you! You were our guidance for Dec 2017 K1'er filers ❤️ 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline

Any other October filers still awaiting their EAD? mines been pending over 159+ days now for AP and EAD and over 120+ days since my AOS / GC was last updated with the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

Really starting to drag... not sure what their delay is but hoping to hear something next week the only good thing is for those of us waiting we are approaching the date of when we can submit an inquiry.  

2 minutes ago, Gama said:

Any other October filers still awaiting their EAD? mines been pending over 159+ days now for AP and EAD and over 120+ days since my AOS / GC was last updated with the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

Really starting to drag... not sure what their delay is but hoping to hear something next week the only good thing is for those of us waiting we are approaching the date of when we can submit an inquiry.  

I am still waiting... It is so bad that the status for me EAD is 'case was approved' and it has been 17 days, and the status is not changing......... I still don't receive my card.

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

14 minutes ago, Gama said:

If it's any consolation, how I get through it is remembering how many active K1 applications there were on average per day of one month. When members of VJ did the scans for K1s last year there were anywhere from 900 to 3500 K1 applications PER DAY (ie with the same Receipt Date). 

I have picked a range of 500 cases from my PD to scan everyday just for something to do. I imagine 500 cases is nowhere near the amount of cases for my receipt date though. My guess is there's at least 1000 applications for my Receipt Date alone. That's a SUPER low guess too.

Every day there is anywhere from 5 to 8 EAD, AP or I485 cases being worked in the 500 case sample I scan so you can only imagine how long it will take to get through 1000 cases for the ONE day in October that my receipt date falls on.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
12 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

If it's any consolation, how I get through it is remembering how many active K1 applications there were on average per day of one month. When members of VJ did the scans for K1s last year there were anywhere from 900 to 3500 K1 applications PER DAY (ie with the same Receipt Date). 

I have picked a range of 500 cases from my PD to scan everyday just for something to do. I imagine 500 cases is nowhere near the amount of cases for my receipt date though. My guess is there's at least 1000 applications for my Receipt Date alone. That's a SUPER low guess too.

Every day there is anywhere from 5 to 8 EAD, AP or I485 cases being worked in the 500 case sample I scan so you can only imagine how long it will take to get through 1000 cases for the ONE day in October that my receipt date falls on.

In Short USCIS is quick to cash your money but after that slow to process the applications. 

Seriously the fact that only less than 2 years ago this process used to take a maximum of 90 days now because of lazy workers and policy changes its now the average on over 130+ days for EAD  and they have the nerve to charge more in fee's as well and times are going up and up i can only feel sorry for those that are beginning to start the immigration process.

How they can have the nerve to charge the immigrant or petitioner thousands in fee's force them to leave their life and family from another country behind. To have to wait 6+ months on top of the already 10+ months the K1 process took is disgusting and then even have the nerve to restrict them from seeing their family or leaving the US unless in an emergency.

Well thats my rant over but seriously USCIS really need to understand that those applications they are taking their time processing are people who's lives have been put on hold and are preventing them from spending precious time with loved ones 

41 minutes ago, Gama said:

My husband's PD is October 2, 2018 and we still have not yet received Biometrics App yet :(

Status is still "Case was received". We're getting extremely anxious.

Edited by besabrina

Timeline
4 minutes ago, besabrina said:

My husband's PD is October 2, 2018 and we still have not yet received Biometrics App yet :(

OMG!!  Thats not right... Either the letter got lost in the post or they made a mistake.

Call USCIS up immediately and speak to a rep, USCIS normally sends out biometrics notices within three to eight weeks of receiving an application.

As you have not received your biometrics notice / appointment letter USCIS may have the wrong address on file. Contact USCIS customer service immediately (1-800-375-5283

However, if you received your receipt notice and never received a biometrics notice, the biometrics notice might have been lost in the mail. In that case, you can again contact USCIS customer service to request a new appointment date. You can also submit an e-request using the case number on your receipt with an online case inquiry.

It’s also possible that you did not receive a biometrics notice because USCIS already has your biometrics on file. This may occur if someone already went to a biometrics appointment with USCIS within the last year, for example for renewing a green card, and then the person later filed for citizenship.

Either way please contact them to find out whats going on. 

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Gama said:

My PD is October 19th and I'm also waiting for AP and EAD.

11 minutes ago, Gama said:

In Short USCIS is quick to cash your money but after that slow to process the applications. 

Seriously the fact that only less than 2 years ago this process used to take a maximum of 90 days now because of lazy workers and policy changes its now the average on over 130+ days for EAD  and they have the nerve to charge more in fee's as well and times are going up and up i can only feel sorry for those that are beginning to start the immigration process.

How they can have the nerve to charge the immigrant or petitioner thousands in fee's force them to leave their life and family from another country behind. To have to wait 6+ months on top of the already 10+ months the K1 process took is disgusting and then even have the nerve to restrict them from seeing their family or leaving the US unless in an emergency.

Well thats my rant over but seriously USCIS really need to understand that those applications they are taking their time processing are people who's lives have been put on hold and are preventing them from spending precious time with loved ones 

I have the same frustration feeling... I try to think that this is mostly because of the huge number of people asking for asylum at the border, but then USCIS comes up with a premium processing fee for H1B visas... that's just not fair!

7 minutes ago, besabrina said:

Hey, I did not receive my biometrics appointment, and I called USCIS multiple times since November and they would always tell me that they were working on it... until I talked to one person that transferred me to an officer (tier 2)... the officer confirmed that a letter was sent to me, but it was returned because they had not entered my apt number in the system... she rescheduled my appointment for 3 days later, and faxed the letter to me...

If I was you, I would try calling and asking to talk to an officer (they have access to a different data base that the tier 1 don't have access to, and maybe they can find that something happened to your appointment). And if that doesn't work, you could try going to the closest USCIS support center, explaining what is happening and hope that they accept to do your biometrics. The worst that can happen is that they will say no. 

1 hour ago, Gama said:

OMG!!  Thats not right... Either the letter got lost in the post or they made a mistake.

Call USCIS up immediately and speak to a rep, USCIS normally sends out biometrics notices within three to eight weeks of receiving an application.

As you have not received your biometrics notice / appointment letter USCIS may have the wrong address on file. Contact USCIS customer service immediately (1-800-375-5283

However, if you received your receipt notice and never received a biometrics notice, the biometrics notice might have been lost in the mail. In that case, you can again contact USCIS customer service to request a new appointment date. You can also submit an e-request using the case number on your receipt with an online case inquiry.

It’s also possible that you did not receive a biometrics notice because USCIS already has your biometrics on file. This may occur if someone already went to a biometrics appointment with USCIS within the last year, for example for renewing a green card, and then the person later filed for citizenship.

Either way please contact them to find out whats going on. 

Good luck!

1 hour ago, BrazilianInTexas said:

My PD is October 19th and I'm also waiting for AP and EAD.

I have the same frustration feeling... I try to think that this is mostly because of the huge number of people asking for asylum at the border, but then USCIS comes up with a premium processing fee for H1B visas... that's just not fair!

Hey, I did not receive my biometrics appointment, and I called USCIS multiple times since November and they would always tell me that they were working on it... until I talked to one person that transferred me to an officer (tier 2)... the officer confirmed that a letter was sent to me, but it was returned because they had not entered my apt number in the system... she rescheduled my appointment for 3 days later, and faxed the letter to me...

If I was you, I would try calling and asking to talk to an officer (they have access to a different data base that the tier 1 don't have access to, and maybe they can find that something happened to your appointment). And if that doesn't work, you could try going to the closest USCIS support center, explaining what is happening and hope that they accept to do your biometrics. The worst that can happen is that they will say no. 

Thank you so much for the advices! We submitted multiple requests recently and they said to contact them again in 30 days if we did not hear anything by then. I'll definitely try to call again and ask for Tier 2 officer. We're in Los Angeles, so it said we can't schedule to go in through InfoPass or walk-in :( 

This is sooo stressful.. but thank you so much you guys!

3 hours ago, Gama said:

My PD was 10/5/18, still waiting. Case status for EAD and AP was changed to case received 169 days ago. AOS was changed to 'Ready to schedule interview' 149 days ago. 😩

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Gama said:

I am from 4 October. Still wait. I lost a hope of getting EAD within a specified time on the USCIS site, so I'm just waiting for my date to come up with a request. The last time I had a few days before submitting a request, USISC changed the time for consideration, having extended the period from 4-6 months to 4.5- 6.5 months.  And given the fact that my petition for green card will be considered in the Los Angeles County office, I have no hope for getting a green card quickly.

When there is no opportunity to work, get a driver's license, buy a car- it is stress and have bad efect on family relationships. Moreover, I had to wait 11 months to get a visa K1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.