jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bonita93 said:

I have it but it says in the interview notice that I need to bring certified copy so I assume I need to get one from the office ? Can I just make a copy at home? And being the original with me? 

2 hours ago, FilAm24 said:

just bring the original MC and make a copy of it just incase they want a copy.

Yes they just want to see the original copy with a raised seal or certified copy with a stamp. Either/or will do. Just make a photo copy and bring both as FilAm24 said.

Question: what is the difference between the Chicago field office and the Chicago national office? What do they process with respect to AoS? I keep seeing ppl with EAD approved from the Chicago National Office? But I thought it was the national benefits center NBC in Missouri that processes EAD and AP...😳

Also where's my card🙀😿😾😿🙀😿😾😿🙀😿😾😫

Edited by Chochosun

1 minute ago, Chochosun said:

Question: what is the difference between the Chicago field office and the Chicago national office. What do they process with respect to AoS? I keep seeing ppl with EAD approved from the Chicago National Office? But I thought it was the national benefits center NBC in Missouri that processes EAD and AP...😳

Some ppl just dont know how to fill out their timelines.....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chochosun said:

Question: what is the difference between the Chicago field office and the Chicago national office? What do they process with respect to AoS? I keep seeing ppl with EAD approved from the Chicago National Office? But I thought it was the national benefits center NBC in Missouri that processes EAD and AP...😳

It’s the new name of the office.

chicago national office used to do ead/ ap basically same job as today’s nbc, became Missouri service center first (job wise) the. Named national benefits center. (The reason for MSC code) In vj it is still Chicago national office, so everyone will fill it that way. 

Chicago field office is a local office. Does not do ead/ap in this case.

Edited by Naes
To be more clear

8 hours ago, Chochosun said:

Hoping u get yours soon since it looks like we just a few days apart. 

35 minutes ago, LisaLisa said:

!

Lol glad you corrected yourself. 

We are talking about what to bring to the interview. Not what you submit with the AOS forms 😉

17 hours ago, redcat56 said:

Case Status changes today-----Being Scheduled for an Interview. I cannot believe it. 

OOH! Congrats!

(I hope this is good news for my husband and I as we filed just a few weeks after you and will also be having our interview in KC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

So I have a question about a situation that I am facing right now and I would like to know if any visa-journey members have been through it before and what they did.

I just got a job offer and I have my EAD in hand and I am supposed to undergo a background check and I don't know if the EAD will be acceptable in the process . ( I know that it allows me to work legally , I just don't know if the background checking agency will be able to find my name ).

I would appreciate any insight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fadae said:

So I have a question about a situation that I am facing right now and I would like to know if any visa-journey members have been through it before and what they did.

I just got a job offer and I have my EAD in hand and I am supposed to undergo a background check and I don't know if the EAD will be acceptable in the process . ( I know that it allows me to work legally , I just don't know if the background checking agency will be able to find my name ).

I would appreciate any insight.

Congratulations on your job offer, you have nothing to worry about the background checks will be done.

Most agency's have various ways of obtaining backgrounds from people from any country due to cross sharing information via a central database. Also you have your police report that would of listed any serious offences. But trust me your picture finger prints and all of your personal information retaining to your background will already be in the system. Gotta love Uncle Sam for that.

Relax go grab a beer and hope you enjoy your new job

👍

Edited by Gama
US spell check

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gama said:

Congratulations on your job offer, you have nothing to worry about the background checks will be done.

Most agency's have various ways of obtaining backgrounds from people from any country due to cross sharing information via a central database. Also you have your police report that would of listed any serious offences. But trust me your picture finger prints and all of your personal information retaining to your background will already be in the system. Gotta love Uncle Sam for that.

Relax go grab a beer and hope you enjoy your new job

👍

well I don't have a problem with my criminal record 😛 , I was just worried that they wouldn't be able to grab my file for any reason . But you gave me some sense of comfort now :D 

Edited by Fadae

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.