jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Question regarding processing times:

The processing times for my 'local' field office is 7.5 - 21 months. 

Does the clock start ticking at USCIS receipt date for I-485, or does that timeframe start once NBC transfers it over to them and I see an update on my case?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/17/2019 at 4:51 AM, Indian_Hubby said:

Who all r up for Washington office this includes Ppl from MD and VA too based on your zip.... waiting for my interview at DC office I m from VA 

I don't know if this is a question, or a statement. My LFO is Baltimore MD. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, CanadianKristy said:

Question regarding processing times:

The processing times for my 'local' field office is 7.5 - 21 months. 

Does the clock start ticking at USCIS receipt date for I-485, or does that timeframe start once NBC transfers it over to them and I see an update on my case?

if i guess i think it start from ticking at you I485 receipt number because they never say when it transferred to the LFO..in my experience/case at least..

what is your status online say?

Timeline
Just now, FilAm24 said:

if i guess i think it start from ticking at you I485 receipt number because they never say when it transferred to the LFO..in my experience/case at least..

what is your status online say?

For 485: Fingerprint Fee Was Received on October 4th, 2018 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, CanadianKristy said:

For 485: Fingerprint Fee Was Received on October 4th, 2018 

no biometric still? 

most October filers are receiving ead/ap or green card already.

oh i saw your timeline that you came here with visitor visa last 2015? that might be the cause of your aos delay but we never knew..try to contact USCIS and ask about your case status..it wont hurt/affect your case to call them.

Edited by FilAm24

Timeline
6 minutes ago, FilAm24 said:

no biometric still? 

most October filers are receiving ead/ap or green card already.

oh i saw your timeline that you came here with visitor visa last 2015? that might be the cause of your aos delay but we never knew..try to contact USCIS and ask about your case status..it wont hurt/affect your case to call them.

receipt date for 765 and 131 is October 1st... biometrics were completed nov 2nd.,... no updates since then. came here as a visitor and filed 485,130,131,765 concurrently. Married to US citizen for >2 years at time filing..... no updates since october 4th. I will contact them once it hits outside of normal processing times for 765  (which is in about 3 weeks).

Timeline
Just now, CanadianKristy said:

receipt date for 765 and 131 is October 1st... biometrics were completed nov 2nd.,... no updates since then. came here as a visitor and filed 485,130,131,765 concurrently. Married to US citizen for >2 years at time filing..... no updates since october 4th. I will contact them once it hits outside of normal processing times for 765  (which is in about 3 weeks).

the case is a lil bit complicated than CR1 and K1 visa who recently got their ead/ap and green card..

yea its best to contact them.

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi dear VJ members! Im here again after my K1 process, which was already very stressful and long (1 year na 1 month). Ive seen many people getting approved in october and few people from november as well for EAD. I already called them twice, they just said my process is good and that I should be receiving it by the end of the month. Im reaching the 5th month, my PD is october 23rd. I just want to see if there are more people waiting, since they went back to mid september in their website right!? So no service request for me until mid april. This is being very annoying.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, anna lucia said:

Hi dear VJ members! Im here again after my K1 process, which was already very stressful and long (1 year na 1 month). Ive seen many people getting approved in october and few people from november as well for EAD. I already called them twice, they just said my process is good and that I should be receiving it by the end of the month. Im reaching the 5th month, my PD is october 23rd. I just want to see if there are more people waiting, since they went back to mid september in their website right!? So no service request for me until mid april. This is being very annoying.

How did you get a hold of someone on the phone? You called the 800 number and made which selections to get someone to check on your case?

USCIS receipt date for me was October 1, 2018 and ive had no updates since (biometrics were completed nov 2)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CanadianKristy said:

How did you get a hold of someone on the phone? You called the 800 number and made which selections to get someone to check on your case?

USCIS receipt date for me was October 1, 2018 and ive had no updates since (biometrics were completed nov 2)

Yes, I just called the 800 number, the guy was nice on the phone. I dont even know if i can trust on what he says, it wasnt a tier 2 tho. But Ive seen people from september this week still getting approvals. Somewhere now from 4,5 to 6,5 months this will happen. Just annoying the wait.

18 minutes ago, anna lucia said:

The current date in order to make an official service enquiry is September 14th, 2018 for category C9 concurrent AOS filers of EADs at the NBC. If your PD is after that, there is no use contacting them as you are still within the estimated processing times of 4.5 to 6.5 months.

You CAN keep checking though. Input I765 and National Benefits Centre. Scroll down to the bottom and check the date for category C9. When the date passes your PD you can make an official service enquiry via phone or the email form.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
58 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The current date in order to make an official service enquiry is September 14th, 2018 for category C9 concurrent AOS filers of EADs at the NBC. If your PD is after that, there is no use contacting them as you are still within the estimated processing times of 4.5 to 6.5 months.

You CAN keep checking though. Input I765 and National Benefits Centre. Scroll down to the bottom and check the date for category C9. When the date passes your PD you can make an official service enquiry via phone or the email form.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Yes, thank you. Ive been checking. I Just called to see if they had anything interesting to say about the return from september 23rd to september 8th. Just waiting now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, anna lucia said:

My PD is October 19, and I haven't heard anything yet. There are many people waiting longer than us. I am hoping within the next few weeks they get to all October filers, but all we can do is wait. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, anna lucia said:

I am from October 4 and still nothing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.