jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On 3/14/2019 at 3:44 PM, NikkiMarie said:

EAD/AP are your work/travel combo card. That status update won't generally change until it's approved, but sometimes it never changes, and you just get the card in the mail. Any status updates about fingerprints or interviews have to do with your AOS (Green Card) application. Those statuses are the ones you will see change.

And yes, that's what I originally commented to you lol but I don't think you read it. I live in Upper Marlboro. 

Oh ok great crossing my fingers for fast approval and yes i did read you in upper Marlboro not too far are you going to baltimore office?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hello, guys !

I, really, need your help!

My EAD card was sent to me today, I received it in the mailbox and was so happy to open it.

Out of that happiness, I did not notice that my last name is misspelled on EAD card.

After searching trough the papers, I have noticed that this mistake was on my end, as the EAD form was the only form that we sent with a misspelled last letter of my last name.

I've seen that I entered the name wrong in the filling form, that the wrong name was put on the NOA1, and 4 months later, NOA2 form, and I did not notice the mistake.

I have not received my SSN number.

Can anyone, please, advise me what to do ?!

I will be calling USCIS tomorrow, to explain the situation, but from what I have read, I will have to send the card back, with a new application form, including the fee and with all of the other details supporting the fact that my name was misspelled.Apparently the process can take up to 90 days and I really do not have the nerves to wait another 3 months after I've waited for 5 months.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
53 minutes ago, DenisAlma said:

Hello, guys !

I, really, need your help!

My EAD card was sent to me today, I received it in the mailbox and was so happy to open it.

Out of that happiness, I did not notice that my last name is misspelled on EAD card.

After searching trough the papers, I have noticed that this mistake was on my end, as the EAD form was the only form that we sent with a misspelled last letter of my last name.

I've seen that I entered the name wrong in the filling form, that the wrong name was put on the NOA1, and 4 months later, NOA2 form, and I did not notice the mistake.

I have not received my SSN number.

Can anyone, please, advise me what to do ?!

I will be calling USCIS tomorrow, to explain the situation, but from what I have read, I will have to send the card back, with a new application form, including the fee and with all of the other details supporting the fact that my name was misspelled.Apparently the process can take up to 90 days and I really do not have the nerves to wait another 3 months after I've waited for 5 months.

First try to call USCIS and see your options..

to your SSN/card you need to go to your SSA and apply for one but because of your misspelled name you must fixed that first before doing other paperworks.

good luck

Hey! I woke up with good news! I saw I was getting something in the mail this morning through the USPS app and I just got the interview letter in the mail. No updates on both websites or app. 

My office is Detroit and I sent my application on Oct 15 (NOA Oct 17). 

I didn't hear anything back from the EAD though

Edited by LSO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
9 hours ago, FilAm24 said:

First try to call USCIS and see your options..

to your SSN/card you need to go to your SSA and apply for one but because of your misspelled name you must fixed that first before doing other paperworks.

good luck

I will call Monday.Now I am worried will the SSN be issued with a misspelled last name.

I do not know what to do.Since EAD is temporary until I get green card, I do not know should I ignore the fact that last name is misspelled and seek for a job until I get green card.

Since it was my mistake, only ONE name box, unfortunately, one with my legal name on EAD application form is misspelled, I think I will have to wait another few months to get it replaced and that is a pain in the a**.

I don't get how I missed it and I don't get how USCIS did not notice that all other documents had my name spelled correctly, except for that one box.

But, bottom line, mistake was mine, as I checked NOA1 and NOA2 and the legal name was misspelled, while the ''In care of'' section contained my name correctly spelled.

Edited by DenisAlma

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, DIVITA said:

Oh ok great crossing my fingers for fast approval and yes i did read you in upper Marlboro not too far are you going to baltimore office?

Yup. Baltimore is my local field office. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

4 hours ago, Indian_Hubby said:

Who all r up for Washington office this includes Ppl from MD and VA too based on your zip.... waiting for my interview at DC office I m from VA 

Waiting in Arlington VA! Almost 100 days from filing and no updates of any kind :P 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bonita93 said:

Have a question about the interview process. Do they ask you where to deliver the GC to or just send it to the address you gave on the application?

they are going to confirm where you live and they will deliver it there..

I don't think they will ask where to deliver the gc like the k1 visa.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Maybe this is our week! My timeline FINALLY says my EAD may be adjudicated between TODAY and the 25th..... YES PLEASE!! 😍

My timeline now says between March 2 and 9... 😂 I'm really hoping it's our week for an EAD too! 

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.