jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Frenik said:

Hi people. Happy thanksgiving! 🙂. I have a question, I submitted the forms I-485 and l-765 but I didn’t submit form l-131 because I thought I needed to give a justification for why I need to travel internationally (part 7 of the form). Apparently I didn’t need to provide an explanation. 
But recently, the waiting time of our USCIS office went from 6 months to 9.5 months, potentially conflicting with international travel plans. If I submit the I-131 form now, would I have to give an explanation for why I need to travel internationally? Or, since I applied for the l-485 already, would it be the same (no explanation required)?

The latter, and you would just have to submit the I131 with a copy of your I485 NOA1 receipt notice in order to have the application fee waived.

6 minutes ago, Sweethj said:

Hi we have already filed our AOS papers and had the biometrics appointment already. I was just wondering what happens after the I-94 date passes?

You wave at it and be thankful you're already married?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hi guys 🙂

question:

we noticed in our biometrics appointment paper that they wrote on the top left of the paper I485 -I765 so I this normal or we have to go a second time for the I-131?

can somebody check his paper please

3 minutes ago, akoko-01 said:

hi guys 🙂

question:

we noticed in our biometrics appointment paper that they wrote on the top left of the paper I485 -I765 so I this normal or we have to go a second time for the I-131?

can somebody check his paper please

Biometrics are not required for the I131 when filed concurrently with the I485.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Biometrics are not required for the I131 when filed concurrently with the I485.

oh great thanks. would you please hop into November's topic so you can answer my other question? lol 

thanks.

2 minutes ago, akoko-01 said:

oh great thanks. would you please hop into November's topic so you can answer my other question? lol 

thanks.

I'll hop hop hop if you tag me. 🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 minutes ago, DeepakChani said:

Got the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" message today. Bio-metrics was on 11/14. Will I-765 and I-131 be approved around February time frame? 

I got that message also today, I had biometrics Nov 19 

1 minute ago, DeepakChani said:

Which service center processes the i-131 and i-765? Is it our local offices or one of the larger centers? 

National Benefits Centre

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Noa1: Oct 15

Biometrics: Nov 16

Case ready to schedule interview: Nov 19

(That is for my I-485. I know it doesn't mean much - it can go on for months and years on that status. But at least there is no RFE for now. Let the waiting game begin.............. again)

EAD and AP: no updates 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So just got update emails from USCIS

NOA1 - 2nd Oct

Biometrics - 1st Nov

Notification from USCIS via email - 28th Nov

(Only updated the new log in site) and even at that doesn't say Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

No change on the regular old case tracker either...

Anyone else had an update like this? 

20181128_080908.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.