jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Maybe because both the I485 and I765 require biometrics if filed separately. I'd call USCIS and ask if you have to go again.

yeah, I'm calling to resolve that, but they are saying "tough " basically. 

just like with the K1 process tier 2 likes to disconnect the call. funny i never have connection issues except when I'm calling them. 

On 11/14/2018 at 9:07 PM, Rocko20 said:

Since  we’re October filers, I assume most of us will start seeing work permits being delivered around March? 

Man, I’m counting down the days my foreign wife can work. She is expensive 🤫

she went to the dentist, had to get 3 crowns, and with insurance (insurance only covers half) it was $600. Now later on she has to get her teeth aligned and that will be $4000 (insurance covers $40%)

theres so many “hidden costs” that we often take for granted once as single people, that we now have to address when we are supporting someone. I will jump for joy when this work permit comes in 

im glad that im not your wife or else ill cut your throat with a blade 🤣🤣🤣looking forward for my work permit too..

please lets keep updating this thread guys..lets hear each others journey😊

Hello everyone, my case status changed today"Ready to be scheduled for an interview " 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, NjK said:

Hello everyone, my case status changed today"Ready to be scheduled for an interview " 😊

Hi!!

I have a question, Ive seen lots of people changing the statys like that on the app. Doesnt it show your case was approved first? does it go straight to ready to schedulel for interview?

2 hours ago, anna lucia said:

Hi!!

I have a question, Ive seen lots of people changing the statys like that on the app. Doesnt it show your case was approved first? does it go straight to ready to schedulel for interview?

Hi, it means after biometrics we wait for uscis to send the AOS on the state office when you applied and now it on the office procedure  to schedule an interview for AOS but no one knows when this will happen sooner or later. After the interview they decide AOS  is approved or not.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, NjK said:

Yayy!! Great news! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:16 PM, NjK said:

Hi, it means after biometrics we wait for uscis to send the AOS on the state office when you applied and now it on the office procedure  to schedule an interview for AOS but no one knows when this will happen sooner or later. After the interview they decide AOS  is approved or not.

Ah Ok!! Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hi guys 🙂

so I received my driver's license and it expires on the day my I-94 expires.

I asked the license office about that and they said that I can't renew it or have a new valid one (after this one expires) until I present my new papers that shows my new status.

so since I'm a k1 holder, I will be without a driver's license from the moment my I-94 expires until I get the green card which is like at least 8 months...

can anybody advice on this matter please?

I will post this in a new post so everybody can see it but I thought to get an opinion from people that recently had their driver's license in this group also

4 minutes ago, akoko-01 said:

hi guys 🙂

so I received my driver's license and it expires on the day my I-94 expires.

I asked the license office about that and they said that I can't renew it or have a new valid one (after this one expires) until I present my new papers that shows my new status.

so since I'm a k1 holder, I will be without a driver's license from the moment my I-94 expires until I get the green card which is like at least 8 months...

can anybody advice on this matter please?

I will post this in a new post so everybody can see it but I thought to get an opinion from people that recently had their driver's license in this group also

I have my license renewed for one extra year with I797 for AOS 485.

But the rules varies by states, so you have to check on the dmv website in your state.

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So this is kind of not related to the AOS application that much, but I suggest you all to check your i-94 travel history from the CBP.gov website and check if it matches your arrival/departure data. So turns out, for me, my I-94 had wrong entries after the date on which I entered the US, showing multiple arrival and departure. I got freaked out and went straight to the CBP office in my city. Seems like it was system error where the system was taking in data of another person who has the same First name and date of birth as mine. Crazy. The CBP officer confirmed that it was indeed a system error and that they could not delete it, but they did give me a letter stating this issue.

Its scary to think that had USCIS seen my travel history, it would most probably lead to a denial. I need to go to my USCIS center asap with this letter. 

Errors in i-94 are not common, but Ive read a few of them here at Visajoruney, in fact most of them I've read are cases where the person forgot to cancel their return tickets and the I-94 picked that up from the Airlines  (flight manifest), and showed up as them leaving the country. 

On 11/20/2018 at 7:39 AM, NjK said:

Congrats! Did you have any contact with them after your biometrics appointment? I have a file date of oct.9 and my bio was on oct.31, after yours but I looked via USCIS website and diddnt get the same message :( did you bug them or reach out? For whatever reason when I did the k1 visa for my wife, I called a bunch to ask questions and somehow we got approved in under two months. Just curious if that's just coincidence or actually helps the case. I always thought it was luck 

2 minutes ago, Jjcouple said:

Congrats! Did you have any contact with them after your biometrics appointment? I have a file date of oct.9 and my bio was on oct.31, after yours but I looked via USCIS website and diddnt get the same message :( did you bug them or reach out? For whatever reason when I did the k1 visa for my wife, I called a bunch to ask questions and somehow we got approved in under two months. Just curious if that's just coincidence or actually helps the case. I always thought it was luck 

Huge coincidence and godly luck.

9 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Huge coincidence and godly luck.

Hi,I think was luck this time but that it means nothing because maybe I will wait month's till they make an appointment and I don't think am lucky waited for K1  11months,it was a nightmare.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi people. Happy thanksgiving! 🙂. I have a question, I submitted the forms I-485 and l-765 but I didn’t submit form l-131 because I thought I needed to give a justification for why I need to travel internationally (part 7 of the form). Apparently I didn’t need to provide an explanation. 
But recently, the waiting time of our USCIS office went from 6 months to 9.5 months, potentially conflicting with international travel plans. If I submit the I-131 form now, would I have to give an explanation for why I need to travel internationally? Or, since I applied for the l-485 already, would it be the same (no explanation required)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.