jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

One more question lol. On your I-485 letter...do you have a priority date? Mine is blank...

Nope.

K1s and CR1s dont get a priority date.

A priority date is for those applicants of family based visas who have to wait in line until a Visa is available for them. There are only so many available visas per year so they are given a priority date in the line so to speak. Priority dates are given to family based visas but marriage based ones are excluded because there is always a Visa available for us. 

2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Your received date is your NOA1 receipt date.

That's the one to use for future reference.

AND for your NOA1 date on your timeline here on VJ.

Yes I got three letters. One for I485, one for I765 and one for I131. I didnt get my biometrics appt letter yet.

If you look up the status on myuscis.gov does it say received for your AP. You would have your receipt number from the text/email you received right?

2 hours ago, jackyjimenez said:

Hey guys what does mean Verification needed for SSN? I checked SAVE and it says that. The agent told me he corrected the mistakes that the other agent made the first time. 

It means DHS is checking the info that the SSA agent input into their system because DHS has different information. Usually its something simple. 

Keep in mind the SSA inputs our info from the info on our K1 Visa page and the I94 EVEN when we go back the second time to change to our married name. We have all seen the error that all of our I94s contain with the first name/middle name amalgamation as the Given name which contradicts what our DHS immigration info states so that's always at least one of the errors that DHS has to correct.

Could be that the SSA agent corrected it in one place and it's still wrong in another. It happened to me the second time too. I had my agent and a supervisor stuck on it for a half an hour when changing to my married name. Mine had the status "verification needed" for one day this second time as well. It's back at SSA now so I'm crossing my fingers it wont get denied for the married name change. We'll see hopefully soon. 

I wouldnt stress. 

1 hour ago, L and E said:

Stopping by to join October AOS filers... its come full circle, I-129 October filer and now AOS October filer. Anyways, we received our notice of action that they received his I-485 and work and travel docs last week and I logged into my USCIS account and I don't see any record of any new filings since the I-129... what should I expect as far as timelines.. what are you earlier October filers seeing? What are the timelines looking like? roughly....

You have to input your NOA1 receipt numbers in order for you to be able to track the status change on myuscis.gov. The receipt numbers wont appear on their own.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It means DHS is checking the info that the SSA agent input into their system because DHS has different information. Usually its something simple. 

Keep in mind the SSA inputs our info from the info on our K1 Visa page and the I94 EVEN when we go back the second time to change to our married name. We have all seen the error that all of our I94s contain with the first name/middle name amalgamation as the Given name which contradicts what our DHS immigration info states so that's always at least one of the errors that DHS has to correct.

Could be that the SSA agent corrected it in one place and it's still wrong in another. It happened to me the second time too. I had my agent and a supervisor stuck on it for a half an hour when changing to my married name. Mine had the status "verification needed" for one day this second time as well. It's back at SSA now so I'm crossing my fingers it wont get denied for the married name change. We'll see hopefully soon. 

I wouldnt stress. 

The problem I have Is that I don’t even have a number because the agent  that made a mistake didn’t even contact me for 6 weeks and then I went there the agent told me that my 90 days time was up but they would try to help me to get my number since my time expired. But hope everything works out too.

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Just now, jackyjimenez said:

The problem I have Is that I don’t even have a number because the agent  that made a mistake didn’t even contact me for 6 weeks and then I went there the agent told me that my 90 days time was up but they would try to help me to get my number since my time expired. But hope everything works out too.

Not much more you can do but wait it out. Aren't you glad you went in now instead of trying to get them to help you on the phone, lol?

I'd call with the file number they gave you on the printout if you dont get anything in the mail in 3-4 weeks. Start counting when SAVE says your case has been returned to SSA Maryland.

Let us know what transpires pls. 

And crossing my fingers for ya!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Nope.

K1s and CR1s dont get a priority date.

A priority date is for those applicants of family based visas who have to wait in line until a Visa is available for them. There are only so many available visas per year so they are given a priority date in the line so to speak. Priority dates are given to family based visas but marriage based ones are excluded because there is always a Visa available for us. 

Ok. There's a girl in the AOS Facebook group I'm in adjusting her status from a K1 Visa, and she has a priority date on her I-485 letter. She posted a pic of the letter, asking what a priority date was and someone asked her what she was adjusting from and she said K1 and that the date is her NOA2 date from her i129F.  

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Not much more you can do but wait it out. Aren't you glad you went in now instead of trying to get them to help you on the phone, lol?

I'd call with the file number they gave you on the printout if you dont get anything in the mail in 3-4 weeks. Start counting when SAVE says your case has been returned to SSA Maryland.

Let us know what transpires pls. 

And crossing my fingers for ya!

So much better to be there and get a real answer.

and thank you for the help :)

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

4 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

Ok. There's a girl in the AOS Facebook group I'm in adjusting her status from a K1 Visa, and she has a priority date on her I-485 letter. She posted a pic of the letter, asking what a priority date was and someone asked her what she was adjusting from and she said K1 and that the date is her NOA2 date from her i129F.  

Interesting. Quite possibly she has a military spouse and is under expedition and they use priority dates in their expedition situations.

Or somebody either who is a perfectionist or incompetent is working on her case.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Interesting. Quite possibly she has a military spouse and is under expedition and they use priority dates in their expedition situations.

Ok. Now that I know it's not the norm for K-1, I won't worry. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

1 minute ago, NikkiMarie said:

Ok. Now that I know it's not the norm for K-1, I won't worry. 

Just read up on what priority dates with USCIS mean if you are worried. It's an easy Google with lots of info. 🙂

3 hours ago, NikkiMarie said:

I found the FB post you were talking about. She is definitely a military expedite and didn't mention that hence the PD. 

Irrelevant to our K1 situation.

Timeline
14 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Or somebody either who is a perfectionist or incompetent is working on her case.

She did end up having a military spouse and she expedited! 

10 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I found the FB post you were talking about. She is definitely a military expedite and didn't mention that hence the PD. 

Irrelevant to our K1 situation.

LOL right. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Timeline
14 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Got the I-131 letter today! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi all, as it relates to copies of certificates, I’m always tempted to send the original in order to not have the risk of RFE, has everyone been okay with just copies of marriage and birth certificates? Even if it had the void watermark when you copy it?

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.