jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

Nope, I had to get manual verification. SAVE said 4 days later that they verified and sent my case back to SSN, but when I called the local office a week later, they said they can’t do it because my I-94 was expiring soon. I forgot to mention that I got lucky when I went to apply the first time, and I got a guy who was actually going through the K-1 Visa process himself, so he was familiar with everything. I saw him the second tome too. I had his direct extension and followed up with him directly, both times as well. I don’t know what the official rule is for how much time you need to have left on I-94 to change your name, but I had 25 days left on mine when I went in to change my name. 

I dont know the official rule but 25 days seems a bit much. I've heard 14 days at max. Weird.

3 hours ago, DIVITA said:

Hi guys update uscis cashed my check yesterday i haven't received any txt or emails but I went on my bank app and look at the check and I noticed my receipt number is on it i put on uscis case status and say received and has been sent for finger prints

Hi you will receive text messages tonight after midnight.I received text messages 2 days after the check cashed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
18 hours ago, NjK said:

Hi you will receive text messages tonight after midnight.I received text messages 2 days after the check cashed. 

I got the text message I got 3 with different receipt numbers thanks!!

2 minutes ago, akoko-01 said:

hi guys 🙂

silly question: after filing AOS, do we need to do anything else or can we just enjoy our life until we get the interview appointment?

They will schedule you for a quick biometrics appointment long before the interview but that's it.

15 minutes ago, akoko-01 said:

You found the answer right? 

The whole AOS package (I485, I765, I131 when filed concurrently) gets shipped to the Chicago lockbox. And yes in the same envelope.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
43 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You found the answer right? 

The whole AOS package (I485, I765, I131 when filed concurrently) gets shipped to the Chicago lockbox. And yes in the same envelope.

haha yes found it! thanks sooo much

I wish you two the best cz you are very helpful and kind. cheers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Question on the cost, $1225 is the total amount correct? If using a Credit Card, do you only need to print off one of the forms due to the other forms not needing a fee because we are sending them all together?

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Just now, JMCKNG said:

Question on the cost, $1225 is the total amount correct? If using a Credit Card, do you only need to print off one of the forms due to the other forms not needing a fee because we are sending them all together?

Correct. One copy of the G-1450 and attach to very front of the I485 package (as that's the one you are paying for). By submitting the I765 and I131 together with the I485, USCIS will know it's free. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi! Just to share: I send the forms and requested the social security on october 19th. Social security arrived today. Payment for the greencard went through yesterday morning and yesterday night i received the text messages. I hope things can happen fast for all of us :) One more waiting game

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Update: I received the 3 text messages on 10/30! :) Just waiting for the NOAs in the mail now 🙏

I-129F Filed: 11 October 2017

I-129F NOA1: 16 October 2017

I-129F NOA2: 21 April 2018 

NVC Received: 14 May 2018 

Case Number Assigned: 16 May 2018

NVC Left: 18 May 2018

Embassy Received: 21 May 2018

Packet 3 Received: 24 May 2018

Medical: 30 May 2018

Packet 4 Received: 21 June 2018

Interview Date: 10 July 2018 (Approved)

Visa on Hand: 21 July 2018

Port of Entry: Seattle, 12 August 2018

On 10/29/2018 at 4:01 AM, K1visaHopeful said:

Woohooooooo!

Credit card payment accepted (and processed at 3:28 a.m. EST on a Monday morning....weird?)

So....

Mailed via USPS, Saturday Oct 20th @12pm

Picked up at Chicago Lockbox, Monday Oct 22nd @5am

Now just crossing my fingers for an October NOA1...because if ya'll know me, I really dont want to have to listen to these same questions when the Nov AOS'ers start filling in, lol. 

So received the NOA1 hardcopies today. 

Text/email on Oct 29th.

NOA1 receipt date for all 3 is Oct 22nd. 

They mailed the hardcopies from the NBC on Oct 30th and I received them today (Nov 2nd).

Can feel it moving along this time even if it isnt. I like it😀

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Got biometrics letter. Scheduled for 11/15. Does the online status usually update when they are scheduled or after they are complete? Wondering if we have a case that's going to be one of the ones that never updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.