jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 minute ago, JMCKNG said:

We are one of those people that applied for a SSN and are still waiting for the number. We submitted all of our information at the local SS office in our city on 9/28/2018 10 days after arrival. When checking on the status last week they said it can take 4-6 weeks and couldn't provide any further information. I am going to enter that I'm not requesting a SSN on the EAD due to not wanting to cause conflict with already requesting the number. Anyone have that experience?

Also, anyone else feel a bit confused with the I-765 Form? I'm feeling like the eligibility category section is a bit unclear. Are you supposed to put the degree that you hold no matter what or ONLY if you have a particular category? K1 Category is C9 correct? Is the format: (C)(9) or (C9) ((yes I know extra particular question ha)) 

I appreciate the help!!

I applied for my SSN September 14th and one day before the six, I went to the office and they told me that, the woman who did it the first time did a lot of things wrong, and that’s why I didn’t get the card. She spelled my maiden last name and married last name wrong, even the address was wrong. So he told me I’d be getting it this week. Maybe you should go yourself and talk to them because sometimes they can be not good at their jobs.  

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No it does not. 

SSA is a federal program that must abide by the same rules. 

What does differ is the knowledge of each individual SSA agent. Count your blessings your agent did not follow the rules. They have for everyone else.

I think they follow the rules, because when we apply for SSN they make copies of our passport and k1 Visa. Note the K1 visa says fiance of the petitioner there is stamped the name of the petitioner on visa also in marriage certificate so we prove that we are the same persons in maiden and married name.

3 minutes ago, NjK said:

I think they follow the rules, because when we apply for SSN they make copies of our passport and k1 Visa. Note the K1 visa says fiance of the petitioner there is stamped the name of the petitioner on visa also in marriage certificate so we prove that we are the same persons in maiden and married name.

That's a great insight! There just have been too many others who have applied for their first SSN after marriage in their married name who have been denied with the reason stating that the names dont match their immigration info to say that is the rule they are supposed to be following. 

Bottom line is apply for your initial SSN card before marriage, in your maiden name so it matches your immigration info and long before your I94 expires and you should have no problems. Applying under any other condition is risky.

19 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

That's a great insight! There just have been too many others who have applied for their first SSN after marriage in their married name who have been denied with the reason stating that the names dont match their immigration info to say that is the rule they are supposed to be following. 

Bottom line is apply for your initial SSN card before marriage, in your maiden name so it matches your immigration info and long before your I94 expires and you should have no problems. Applying under any other condition is risky.

That's true you are right.My I-94 hasn't expired yet maybe that is the reason they issued a ssn for me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all! 

We got our NOA1 for my AOS last week, case received october 15th. 

I got a SSN before getting married, and I went to the office after getting married to try and update my name and they didn't let me. They said it can only be updated after EAD or Greencard are in hand. Annoying... 

But whatever. We are in NJ btw.

And so the wait begins again... Here we go. 

Edited by Jessica Soares

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/28/2018 at 8:39 PM, Annaguilar said:

I applied for my ssn with my married name 2 weeks after the wedding. They only asked for my passport and marriage cert. 

I’m happy for you, @Annaguilar! My 1st SSA agent really didn’t know what to do and even asked the other agent from the adjacent cubicle, who btw wasn’t sure either. Anyway, really happy for you!😊

Timeline
Just now, PME & MCGA said:

I’m happy for you, @Annaguilar! My 1st SSA agent really didn’t know what to do and even asked the other agent from the adjacent cubicle, who btw wasn’t sure either. Anyway, really happy for you!😊

Thank u so much. Aww sorry to hear that. Hope you get it soon 😊😊😊

Timeline
On 10/24/2018 at 7:43 PM, PME & MCGA said:

October 2017 K1 Visa & October 2018 AOS filer here!

Just want to share my timeline:

* Aug. 27 - Entered the US

* Sept. 17 - Got married!❤

* Oct. 2 - Applied for SSN in Clifton, NJ (Tried to apply with my married name. They said I had to update the Immigration as I am already married. They were all obviously clueless about what to do with a K1 visa holder and just wanted me to go.)

* Oct. 4 - Applied for SSN in Paterson, NJ (I decided to apply with my maiden name hoping I will not have any problem later on. They said they have to do a manual verification and asked me to wait for around 4 weeks for the card in the mail.)

* Oct. 9 - Sent my I-485, I-765 & I-131 forms

* Oct. 16 - USPS Tracking says package has been received

* Oct. 19 - Received 3 texts from USCIS

* Oct. 24 - Received 3 NOAs from USCIS through mail

Wishing everyone here lots and lots of patience!

Some added info and updates:

* Oct. 12 - Received date on NOA (I checked USPS tracking just on the 16th, forgot to see when they exactly received the package. Can’t check again as I have thrown the receipt along with the tracking number. But they probably received it on or before the 12th.)

* Oct. 18 - Notice date on NOA

* Oct. 23 - Social Security card date of issuance

* Oct. 29 - Got my SScard in the mail

That’s about 12 working days from the manual verification to the date of issuance of SScard.

And additional 4 working days for my card to reach our mailbox.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Annaguilar said:

Thank u so much. Aww sorry to hear that. Hope you get it soon 😊😊😊

Thank you! I actually did get it yesterday afternoon. Not with my married name, but at least I got my SSN.😅

21 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Woohooooooo!

Credit card payment accepted (and processed at 3:28 a.m. EST on a Monday morning....weird?)

So....

Mailed via USPS, Saturday Oct 20th @12pm

Picked up at Chicago Lockbox, Monday Oct 22nd @5am

Now just crossing my fingers for an October NOA1...because if ya'll know me, I really dont want to have to listen to these same questions when the Nov AOS'ers start filling in, lol. 

Receipt numbers received! Does that mean my NOA1 dates have been generated?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got the 3 texts with receipt numbers last night, just before midnight!! ☺️

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Receipt numbers received! Does that mean my NOA1 dates have been generated?

There should be dates when you check the status. My dates are Oct 19 for EAD & AP and Oct 25 for Biometrics fee. 

Edited by NikkiMarie

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

35 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

There should be dates when you check the status. My dates are Oct 19 for EAD & AP and Oct 25 for Biometrics fee. 

Just confirming that those are the dates for sure. Thanks @NikkiMarie

Oct 22nd for EAD/AP

Oct 29th for GC

Woohoooo October I'm in, I'm in!!

PS I'm off to the SSA to try to change my surname on my card this morning. 24 days left on my I94. Let's hope for a competent agent (or incompetent if that works in my favour). Wish me luck.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.