jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bluewaters said:

Wow..... That was fast. Well, I only got approved yesterday. So by next week ending I might receive the combo card. 

Thanks 

Yes, it was very fast. Probably, the Universe decided to please me a little bit, since I was waiting for my approval for 258 days🤗

Yes, I think you will get it soon. Сongratulations! Enjoy your new life🤗

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ira1712 said:

Yes, it was very fast. Probably, the Universe decided to please me a little bit, since I was waiting for my approval for 258 days🤗

Yes, I think you will get it soon. Сongratulations! Enjoy your new life🤗

Thank you😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/28/2019 at 6:18 PM, NikkiFromCanada said:

I reached out to my Congressman the other day to see if he can help. Day 53 since our Green Card interview at the Baltimore field office and still not a word since. 

Well that’s not nice... Did they tell you why this is happening? 

Edited by kemm360
Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I had my AOS interview on 6/20. It went fine and the officer verbally approved me.

But 3 days later I got a RFE for i-693 even though I had submitted my DS-3025.

Anybody here got a RFE for that reason? I am sending my i-693 form back today with results , RFE letter n cover letter. 

Any tips?

5 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi,

I had my AOS interview on 6/20. It went fine and the officer verbally approved me.

But 3 days later I got a RFE for i-693 even though I had submitted my DS-3025.

Anybody here got a RFE for that reason? I am sending my i-693 form back today with results , RFE letter n cover letter. 

Any tips?

I got the same RFE. :( 

I will have the medical appointment end of this week.

not sure how much delay will this cause.

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/1/2019 at 10:26 PM, kemm360 said:

Well that’s not nice... Did they tell you why this is happening? 

No. He said at the end of the interview "Everything looks good, but we will review your case further. If you don't hear anything from us in 120 days, you can file an inquiry, but I doubt it will take even half that long." Apparently the Baltimore office is severely backlogged...but I know like 5 other people on this forum who had their Green Card interview at the Baltimore office after mine, and they received their green cards within 2-3 weeks. It's baffling! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

No. He said at the end of the interview "Everything looks good, but we will review your case further. If you don't hear anything from us in 120 days, you can file an inquiry, but I doubt it will take even half that long." Apparently the Baltimore office is severely backlogged...but I know like 5 other people on this forum who had their Green Card interview at the Baltimore office after mine, and they received their green cards within 2-3 weeks. It's baffling! 

It truly is, we had our own on June 21st 2019 too and up till now we have heard nothing, when i track it, it just say"Interview was scheduled" it is sick... Since yours is now longer, what have you tried? Have you tried contacting them? I haven't done anything yet since it is just about 8 working days after the interview and the IO said they are waiting for a file from our K1 petition from the consulate. 

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Had our green card interview on Tuesday in New Orleans--this was not the Big Easy!  

At the interview today the officer asked for joint tax returns —- gotcha. “Ok what else?” Showed him joint checking account. “Ok what else?” Uhh, ok here’s all our Instagram photos for the past year.... he asked for jointly signed mortgage, which we’d done, but I didn’t have (awkward shuffle through paperwork and phone emails).   He noticed that my wife hadn't put "0" in the field for number of children--glad we didn't get an RFE prior for something so petty.  He also noticed our change of address from Louisiana to Texas--I told him that we'd filed a change of address form a few months ago, and he's like "oh yeah I see it right here in the system."  Ugh, so much slack in this system.  Finally, he said we couldn't change her name through the I-485.  This is frustrating since this has been denied at the marriage license bureau in Florida, the SSN office, and now the USCIS.  Guess we'll have to do it through the Texas court system.

My wife was asked if she was a terrorist or criminal and thankfully she gave him the same answers she gave me ;) She stumbled over the "current address," thinking he mean her address in Ukraine, but we recovered--there were little brochures all over saying "marriage fraud is a federal offense."  Feels weird.

Hoo boy, glad we were in the perfect city to celebrate when he said “I think I have enough to approve.  In three weeks if approved, you’ll get your card.”  

That said, our status online hasn't changed yet, and I've heard horror stories of people waiting forever for their card for months, and it turned out the agency was just sitting on it.  I'll definitely make an Infopass appointment if we don't hear something in less than 30 days.

Edited by Ducker

Timeline
On 7/3/2019 at 11:52 AM, kemm360 said:

It truly is, we had our own on June 21st 2019 too and up till now we have heard nothing, when i track it, it just say"Interview was scheduled" it is sick... Since yours is now longer, what have you tried? Have you tried contacting them? I haven't done anything yet since it is just about 8 working days after the interview and the IO said they are waiting for a file from our K1 petition from the consulate. 

I called USCIS once and they said there's no information. So, just last week I reached out to our Congressman to ask him to make an inquiry. It's now been 60 days as of today! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

Does it look bad when filing AOS if you only do a court marriage and not a big huge wedding or reception after entering as a k1? I know people have different reasons for doing different things. If you choose to do a simplecourt marriage with only one side of parents there, is that a bad thing? Would it be looked down upon as not being a genuine relationship? It would be great to hear from those who have done their AOS interview have to say. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, DeepakChani said:

Does it look bad when filing AOS if you only do a court marriage and not a big huge wedding or reception after entering as a k1? I know people have different reasons for doing different things. If you choose to do a simplecourt marriage with only one side of parents there, is that a bad thing? Would it be looked down upon as not being a genuine relationship? It would be great to hear from those who have done their AOS interview have to say. 

Good question. But I think so far it is recognized then it is acceptable. Perhaps, in order for uscis to know your marriage is genuine, that is why they give conditional green card. So time will tell.  You have to convince whoever will interview that your marriage is bona fide. 

Edited by Bluewaters

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/14/2019 at 12:16 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Then you will be interviewed.

I am so happy to announce that 2 weeks after I drop the I-693 at the Immigration office, I received an approval notice and today I just received my green card.  I did not have an interview.

I thank God  for all the blessing and finally I have my GC on hand.

Thank you, 

Timeline

Just wanted to share that I finally got a job!! And my dream job at that!!! It took me a full month!! I’ll be working in a downtown DC law firm as a Litigation Legal Assistant!! I can’t wait to have my own money, my own car, and to feel independent again!!!! ☺️

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
16 minutes ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Just wanted to share that I finally got a job!! And my dream job at that!!! It took me a full month!! I’ll be working in a downtown DC law firm as a Litigation Legal Assistant!! I can’t wait to have my own money, my own car, and to feel independent again!!!! ☺️

Awesome!!!!! I thought I found my dream job but now looking again 😆

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.