jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, dr01d3k4 said:

Well I woke up from a nap to a case status email. Finally!!!

Shame it's another bloody RFE on the I485 :(

I am so sorry for you. It's just awful.😟

The fact that you, after more the 3 months of waiting for a result after first RFE, received  the second RFE - this is the worst news for me today, regarding the process. And once again confirms the information that I heard today from Tier 2.

In May I received RFE on the I-485. On my page still  is written "Response To USCIS 'Request For Evidence Was Received on May 28".

Today I called Tier 2 to ask wnen my case will be review.  He told me that they expect my reply within 87 days, so this may mean that my documents have not yet been transferred to the officer for consideration. It may be at the end of this whole term. That is, I can still wait 73 days officially when my answer for RFE can be transffered to officer. And how much the officer will check my documents - such a period does not exist. When officer will considers, he will pass the " Yes"  to the officer who will work with my  EAD/AP cases.

Now, according to your message, I understand that this period is 87 days or more possible, and after which there may be one more RFE.

Also Tier 2 said that USCIS ( NBC also) considers cases in the order they are received. I said that this is not entirely correct information. My folder was opened after 7 months of oblivion, when I sent a request for EAD/AP and just after they sent me RFE for I -485 . Probably, now my name is on the special black list, because I allowed to doubt the words of Tier 2.🤣 But I don’t care. I have been 22 months in the process and sooner or later they will have to give me these documents. Even if they resist so actively.

@ira1712 it's been about 32 I think since USCIS got my RFIE response. They sent the letter at the end of February, but it took us a long time to put together a response, which I guess wasn't good enough for them? Not sure what else they could be asking for which really worries me as I don't know if we could even provide what more they want 😕

11/12/2017 - Entered US on J1
10/18/2018 - Filed AOS at NBC
12/11/2018 - Biometrics
02/28/2019 - USCIS mailed RFIE on I485
05/09/2019 - USCIS received RFIE response
06/11/2019 - USCIS mailed another RFIE on I485
06/19/2019 - USCIS received 2nd RFIE response
07/24/2019 - I485 ready to schedule for interview
01/22/2020 - I485 interview (in San Jose instead of San Francisco)

Timeline
16 minutes ago, dr01d3k4 said:

@ira1712 it's been about 32 I think since USCIS got my RFIE response. They sent the letter at the end of February, but it took us a long time to put together a response, which I guess wasn't good enough for them? Not sure what else they could be asking for which really worries me as I don't know if we could even provide what more they want 😕

Oh, they were so kind that you only waited 32 days.🤨 This is sarcasm, of course. I assume it is connected again with the same query. Otherwise, why didn't they immediately ask for all sorts of additional documents in February RFE?

Interview experience:

Our AOS interview today seemed to go well. The officer just asked us questions about how we met, and the general timeline of how things happened. He also asked some random chit chat questions and took some photos from our album and our housing agreement. He didn’t ask to take anything else we brought.

HOWEVER at the end of the interview he asked for passport photos, 1 from the US citizen and 2 from the immigrant. I didn’t see this on our list or have heard of this on other posts here, but he mentioned it was something new that was required? Not sure. Luckily we had some passport photos back in the car and gave those to him. 

He didn’t say if we were approved but said it all looked good!

around 5pm today I checked and it said our card is being produced, so we have been approved!! :) 

2 hours ago, audaud said:

Interview experience:

Our AOS interview today seemed to go well. The officer just asked us questions about how we met, and the general timeline of how things happened. He also asked some random chit chat questions and took some photos from our album and our housing agreement. He didn’t ask to take anything else we brought.

HOWEVER at the end of the interview he asked for passport photos, 1 from the US citizen and 2 from the immigrant. I didn’t see this on our list or have heard of this on other posts here, but he mentioned it was something new that was required? Not sure. Luckily we had some passport photos back in the car and gave those to him. 

around 5pm today I checked and it said our card is being produced, so we have been approved!! :) 

👍👍👍👍👍

15 hours ago, Indian_Hubby said:

👍👍👍👍👍

Same story as yours

Arrived 10-15 mins late due to issues.

staff was helpful guided to the interview room. Receptionist asked for interview letter and within 2 mins the interviewer called our names. Guided to his room and started with citizen verified information then the applicant. Biometrics and then asked some past information from both. No trick questions and asked what else we have. Took some financials insurance and photos from marriage day. Said all looks good and might approve it by eod. I asked for stamping as we might travel he said only if you have a flight ticket booked so better wait else can come up for emergency request later with flight ticket. As soon I walked out got 2 text saying card ordered and 130 being reviewed. Need to sleep in peace today 😴 

Edited by Indian_Hubby

Timeline
19 hours ago, audaud said:

Interview experience:

Congratulations from bottom of  my heart! I am so happy for you! Enjoy your new life!🤗

Timeline
1 hour ago, Indian_Hubby said:

Same story as yours

Arrived 10-15 mins late due to issues.

staff was helpful guided to the interview room. Receptionist asked for interview letter and within 2 mins the interviewer called our names. Guided to his room and started with citizen verified information then the applicant. Biometrics and then asked some past information from both. No trick questions and asked what else we have. Took some financials insurance and photos from marriage day. Said all looks good and might approve it by eod. I asked for stamping as we might travel he said only if you have a flight ticket booked so better wait else can come up for emergency request later with flight ticket. As soon I walked out got 2 text saying card ordered and 130 being reviewed. Need to sleep in peace today 😴 

Congratulations from bottom of  my heart! I am so happy for you! Enjoy your new life! 🤗

Timeline
1 minute ago, Indian_Hubby said:

Thank u thank u 🤗 

keep fingers crossed sooner or later you will be here too 👍

Thank you!🤗

Today (this is 252 days of waiting, 2 requests for EAD/AP, RFE , many calls to USCIS and after conversation with Tier 2 two days ago) I have foud on my page at least something what give me hope. 🙂Nothing with EAD/AP.

Screenshot_6.png

47 minutes ago, ira1712 said:

Thank you!🤗

Today (this is 252 days of waiting, 2 requests for EAD/AP, RFE , many calls to USCIS and after conversation with Tier 2 two days ago) I have foud on my page at least something what give me hope. 🙂Nothing with EAD/AP.

Screenshot_6.png

Good luck! We got an RFE in february and then sent back our response before the deadline, but never heard anything back about or EAD/AP lol. Even now that our green card is approved, still no updates. But I'm pretty sure that once we have the green card those forms/cards won't matter! :) At least from my understanding. I haven't researched it fully, but best of luck to you! You'll be there soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

So, me and my foreign spouse did our GC interview just now. We had a very nice older lady as our officer and it went well

Good news is she is approved for her green card. Bad news is she did not have her medical vaccinations (not my fault,  she didn’t examine the medical checklist properly) and we have to get that done 

So just one last step but we’re pretty much finished. I couldn’t have made it here without the help and support of this site. Just wanted to thank all the posters on VJ 

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys! Our AOS interview was this morning at 8am. It was a pleasant interview. There was another officer in the room aside from the one asking questions.

They didn't tell us if we're approved but im keeping my hopes up!

Honolulu Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Also a side note rant, I hate that I printed out countless papers for this interview that the officer didn’t need nor check.

RIP to the ink and paper that was used. 

11 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

Also a side note rant, I hate that I printed out countless papers for this interview that the officer didn’t need nor check.

RIP to the ink and paper that was used. 

I spent so long organizing binders and buying supplies for the interview, and all they took were like 2 things LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.