jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 hour ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Just had my Green Card interview. He asked questions about our relationship. When we met, how we met, how often we saw each other over the last five years since we’ve been together, details on who would travel to who, etc. He asked all the yes/no questions from the application. Asked if I had anything else I wanted to give him. I gave him proof of joint car insurance/medical insurance, and some photos of our civil ceremony. He said he will keep our file for “further review” and if we don’t get an update on the USCIS site within 120 days, we can submit an inquiry. He said he would be surprised if it took half that time for an update. The interview took about 30 minutes. He was friendly, and we laughed and had light conversation with him. Wish I got an approval on the spot like some people, but we weren’t lucky. Now back to obsessively checking the site again. At least the interview is over with. I’m so tired of waiting and more waiting. One could seriously go into a depression during this process. So we’ll see how long it takes me to get my Green Card now. 

Oh wow.....Im worried now I will be going to that same location on Thursday, I wonder if approvals are not done on the spot what will the process be since there is no ss card and or employment auth........Well hope you get good news ASAP

42 minutes ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

My status has now changed to “Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed.” I am severely disappointed. I had my hopes up that the interview meant I would get my Green Card soon, but it looks like more waiting. It’s absolutely insane that they think it’s normal to put people through this. I’ve lost all hope. 

My I-130 and I-485 statuses just changed to those too. At least that's fast - just a few hours since the interview took place! 

3 minutes ago, Chochosun said:

Hopefully the gc approval comes way sooner than 120 days after the interview. On the forum people I saw people see a 1-2 week turnaround.

Would you still be eligible to receive your EAD/AP in the mean time if you don't have that yet? Or do they stop processing as soon as you have your GC interview?

I don't know the answer to this as I got my EAD in March. I'm surprised you have your GC interview so soon after me, but you haven't heard anything about EAD... given that we are both H1B-->GC in Chicago who filed in Oct... 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Rocko20 said:

Was your RFE about tax returns? Myself and several other October filers had the same RFE, and we know for certain we included tax returns in the packaged

Anyways, I think USCIS lost the paperwork but it's good to see that you, myself, and others are back on schedule even after the RFE

Yes it was the tax and i am dead 200% sure i sent it, some guys must have been eating our tax documents there lol

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

4 hours ago, dupatinaglace said:

I don't know the answer to this as I got my EAD in March. I'm surprised you have your GC interview so soon after me, but you haven't heard anything about EAD... given that we are both H1B-->GC in Chicago who filed in Oct... 

Not sure how the office picks up applications and how they determine whose to process. At this point, I'm assuming there's not much logic 🙄🙄🙄

Honestly if I have an ead card right now, I wouldn't even be in such a rush for gc haha. Of course it'd be great to just have the interview done so we can put that behind us and I am psyched to have my interview this week. But I really just want to be able to work freely independent of the employer asap. 

Good luck with your interview! Hope we both speedy approvals! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, anna lucia said:

Hello Vj friends! I was doing nothing then I decided to do a scan for numbers previous than mine to see how they were going with the EAD approvals. I saw a new card is being produced and I checked the date may 7th when I saw it was MY NUMBERRRRR!!!! I cant believe!!!!! I will get my EAD! I can breathe now! Hang in there people, our time has come!!

I'm so happy for you.😀 Gradually, the October receives approval.🤗 Tell me, please, how  did you do this scan? I want to try too.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, anna lucia said:

Hello Vj friends! I was doing nothing then I decided to do a scan for numbers previous than mine to see how they were going with the EAD approvals. I saw a new card is being produced and I checked the date may 7th when I saw it was MY NUMBERRRRR!!!! I cant believe!!!!! I will get my EAD! I can breathe now! Hang in there people, our time has come!!

That's amazing @anna lucia!!! Congrats and enjoy your EAD now 🎉 

Nothing on my side yet, 201 days :( I hope it comes before Sunday and I don't have to make an inquiry... good news is that employers are moving on with me, and I might have more than one offer when I get the EAD🎉 

4 hours ago, ira1712 said:

I'm so happy for you.😀 Gradually, the October receives approval.🤗 Tell me, please, how  did you do this scan? I want to try too.

You can use the link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and just check number by number, like 50 before yours and 50 after yours... or if you are bored you can do more than 50, hahaha

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I'm back to waiting for EAD I guess. I know that after Green Card interview, my status can sit at "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed" for months, so I'm forgetting I even had the interview, and I'm back to waiting for EAD. I'm almost at 7 months. I let myself get my hopes up too high leading up to the interview an now I honestly think I'm slipping into a depression. 

Edited by NikkiFromCanada

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

10 hours ago, Chochosun said:

Not sure how the office picks up applications and how they determine whose to process. At this point, I'm assuming there's not much logic 🙄🙄🙄

Honestly if I have an ead card right now, I wouldn't even be in such a rush for gc haha. Of course it'd be great to just have the interview done so we can put that behind us and I am psyched to have my interview this week. But I really just want to be able to work freely independent of the employer asap. 

Good luck with your interview! Hope we both speedy approvals! 

Good luck! I just started at a new job this week. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 hours ago, BrazilianInTexas said:

Nothing on my side yet, 201 days :( I hope it comes before Sunday and I don't have to make an inquiry... good news is that employers are moving on with me, and I might have more than one offer when I get the EAD🎉 

You can use the link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and just check number by number, like 50 before yours and 50 after yours... or if you are bored you can do more than 50, hahaha 

I am so sorry for us. I am 216 days🤨 Thank you for link. I will try to enjoy myself.😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, BrazilianInTexas said:

Hi! Thank you all! I was checking on the case tracker app, I could check 500 numbers close to mine. Im here searching for Jobs, and contacting job recruiters. Soon it will be your turn guys. They are finishing with their backlog, they wont move forward without giving your EADs!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

So I'm back to waiting for EAD I guess. I know that after Green Card interview, my status can sit at "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed" for months, so I'm forgetting I even had the interview, and I'm back to waiting for EAD. I'm almost at 7 months. I let myself get my hopes up too high leading up to the interview an now I honestly think I'm slipping into a depression. 

Hey, dont get sad! Ive seen people in 4-5 days getting the card being produced for Greencard. You cant lose hope at this point. All of this will get solved soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello guys,

Another update on my case:
After the EAD card in production I had received the update of picked up by USPS and another update with tracking number.
Also, and more important, I had received a RFE that I have to handle in person the I-693 to my local office, it doesn't stated a exactly time like the regular interview letters, It just says from 7 am to 12 pm to handle the close envelope from the surgeon.
I am applying as a mother of a US citizen. Does anyone have had a similar experience? Does that mean I won't have interview?  I am confused.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.