jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, anna lucia said:

Yes I know, my husband knows a job recruiter, he said we should wait. So I stopped for a while. Even at the ziprecruiter app i found a very good job opportunity and I applied, then when I sent my resume came a questionnaire "Are you allowed to work in USA? Yes and no haha. So I pretended I was dead and didnt answer haha I will restart next week. I used to work for the same company as my husband, they wanted to hire me but only with documents. I dont know if I want to go back there, but since Im desperate I will never know. I saw I guess on november thread uscis' response to congress inquiry about their backlog. IT seems they are really working on it.

At first I was also afraid of answering "Yes" to the question "Are you allowed to work in USA?" in the applications. But then when the recruiters call me I always tell them the situation and offer to send all the information about the process, and usually they are fine with it, or they just tell me to contact them when I get the EAD.

That is a personal decision for you, but if I could offer any advice, I'd tell you to search a little bit more and find a job that looks like you're gonna like better than your last one. Or at least explore your options a little bit, and then make the decision to go back to that company or not. I understand the desperation, I talk to my wife about that and she always supports me on waiting for the right job instead of just accepting any offer, but at the same time I feel like I can't choose too much, it's hard to work on that emotional intelligence! hahaha

Updating on my case, last week I asked them to expedite my EAD because of the problems I had with them sending my biometrics appointment to wrong address (my PD is October 19th, and I only did biometrics on March 6th). Today they sent me an answer to the request for expediting saying We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly."  From my research on VJ it seems like that means that my case is being reviewed by an officer at this moment, and because of that it can't be expedited. So I guess it should also be close to be approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, SonaliHormazd said:

Hahahaha this made my day! I'll keep you posted! 

🤣 Today Im being positive. Opened a beer while, put some brazilian happy music while im cooking sweet potato with guacamole. so tired of it but I know we are close!

1 hour ago, danniejay said:

After 198 days!!! Finally approved today!! Sooooo excited, just had a 4th round  interview this morning and everything went well as well, what a great timing!! And I’m watching Avengers Endgame in 3 hours XD

My timeline:

Filed AOS package: Oct 12, 2018

Received: Oct 15, 2018

NOA: Oct 18, 2018

Fingerprint: Nov 7th, 2018

(I-485) Case is ready to schedule: Feb 21, 2019 

I-765/131: Case is approved: May 1, 2019

My tip is to constantly interviewing and looking for jobs, if there’s a interview, great, go ahead and practice, practice and practice. I gave up looking for job from this Feb to March because it’s taking forever for the EAD and got super anxious and annoyed.

But then I picked myself up again and there’re some headhunters approached me and I started to looking for jobs and interviewing again. Good luck everyone and I see that they are moving faster than the previous months! We will get there!

Thats good!!! Congratulations!

Timeline
1 hour ago, BrazilianInTexas said:

At first I was also afraid of answering "Yes" to the question "Are you allowed to work in USA?" in the applications. But then when the recruiters call me I always tell them the situation and offer to send all the information about the process, and usually they are fine with it, or they just tell me to contact them when I get the EAD.

That is a personal decision for you, but if I could offer any advice, I'd tell you to search a little bit more and find a job that looks like you're gonna like better than your last one. Or at least explore your options a little bit, and then make the decision to go back to that company or not. I understand the desperation, I talk to my wife about that and she always supports me on waiting for the right job instead of just accepting any offer, but at the same time I feel like I can't choose too much, it's hard to work on that emotional intelligence! hahaha

Updating on my case, last week I asked them to expedite my EAD because of the problems I had with them sending my biometrics appointment to wrong address (my PD is October 19th, and I only did biometrics on March 6th). Today they sent me an answer to the request for expediting saying We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly."  From my research on VJ it seems like that means that my case is being reviewed by an officer at this moment, and because of that it can't be expedited. So I guess it should also be close to be approved.

Yes I totally understand your point. But do you include in your resume anything about your EAD status?

Timeline
1 hour ago, BrazilianInTexas said:

And about your expedite I tried as well and I got the same information. But I tried for medical reasons. At least someone has it already right!? You know it better than me.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, anna lucia said:

Yes I totally understand your point. But do you include in your resume anything about your EAD status?

I don't, I think it's just a very complex subject that I'd rather explain over a conversation... usually when the recruiters hear about immigration they think you're trying to get a sponsorship or something like that, and then you have to explain all the details

Timeline
6 minutes ago, anna lucia said:

And about your expedite I tried as well and I got the same information. But I tried for medical reasons. At least someone has it already right!? You know it better than me.

When did you request to expedite? I am trying to be positive and think that an office really has it on his desk and is going to approve it soon, haha

Timeline
3 minutes ago, BrazilianInTexas said:

I don't, I think it's just a very complex subject that I'd rather explain over a conversation... usually when the recruiters hear about immigration they think you're trying to get a sponsorship or something like that, and then you have to explain all the details

Yes I was including it in my resume I only got some companies that didnt see that contacting me. I will look at it again.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BrazilianInTexas said:

When did you request to expedite? I am trying to be positive and think that an office really has it on his desk and is going to approve it soon, haha

I asked on tuesday last week. Received na e-mail monday this week saying your case is under review you will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly. When I login to uscis online it says that my expedite request was complete, that they sent me a response and that they sent my case to ann agent for adjudication. Everything on april 29th

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Chochosun said:

195 days and waiting... 

😓

Same. Not a word about EAD. I'm definitely not getting it. I won't need it now because my Green Card interview is Tuesday. Waiting almost 7 months for EAD is unacceptable. USCIS is a joke. 

Edited by NikkiFromCanada

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

9 minutes ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Same. Not a word about EAD. I'm definitely not getting it. I won't need it now because my Green Card interview is Tuesday. Waiting almost 7 months for EAD is unacceptable. USCIS is a joke. 

Good luck!!! Mine is next week as well. Hopefully both of ours goes well and gc comes shortly!! I seriously cannot wait any longer. Been checking 3 different sites/apps almost every day and it's emotionally draining. 😭😭😭

I hope all is over in 2-3 weeks. My partner also needs a break from me telling him how many days it's been since filing. Haha spare him! 

Edited by Chochosun

12 minutes ago, Mary987 said:

Last night around 11pm I had received a notification from the app. after 191 day my EAD card is on production.!!!!!!!!!!  My PD is Oct 22 2018

Nothing on 485 or 130 yet.  I wounder how long will it take until I actually receive the card.

I was so happy I couldn't sleep. I hope you guys receive yours soon.

So exciting - congratulations!! 🎉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.