jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Gama said:

We received our interview letter today our interview is in May so not much longer to wait and im guessing EAD wont arrive before then. Either Way i would prefer GC to EAD

So very busy prepping now as we got to make sure we have everything from the checklist :)

I really hope those still waiting get their interviews or at least their EAD Cards soon.

Congratulations!!

How long did it take for you to receive the interview letter after receiving notification that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview?

thanks!

24 minutes ago, Gama said:

We received our interview letter today our interview is in May so not much longer to wait and im guessing EAD wont arrive before then. Either Way i would prefer GC to EAD

So very busy prepping now as we got to make sure we have everything from the checklist :)

I really hope those still waiting get their interviews or at least their EAD Cards soon.

which checklist are u referring to? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, ira1712 said:

Does anyone know what numbers to click on the phone to talk to alive person in USCIS? Thanks

I managed to talk to a live person.
You must first dial the number 1. And then all the time to choose 2. To the question - do you have a number? need to answer - lost. Then you still need to enter this number, but without such an answer you will not be able to do it.

2 hours ago, DeepakChani said:

When you get your interview letter it will have a checklist of required documents to bring to the interview on it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Ask @NikkiFromCanada. She had an RFIE at the beginning of her process and had to wait for further processing. She can support the evidence that i eluded in the other thread that with I485s you get RFIE/RFEs at the beginning of the process and then you are stuck waiting.

Yeah they sent me a message asking how long it takes for USCIS to respond to an RFIE. I responded saying USCIS doesn't respond to an RFIE. They receive the information they requested, and your case just goes back in for normal processing. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Katelyngene said:

Congratulations!!

How long did it take for you to receive the interview letter after receiving notification that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview?

thanks!

Hi There,

Case was updated to Interview scheduled around the 4th of April and we received the letter today so around 7 days as mail doesn't run on Sundays. but usually you get it a week or just over after it being scheduled. 

Edited by Gama

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, DeepakChani said:

For those of you that are interested to know what we are meaning by checklist this is the checklist that they send you when you get the interview letter.

But after speaking with my Lawyer he informed me that its highly unlikely they will require the below due to the fact that most K1 > AOS have already submitted the information and its more that they want to see your a genuine couple. 

Anyways im taking everything just in case. 

image.png.5a3e77b0830cfdd3a648e65837467376.png

Good luck everyone.! 

On 4/12/2019 at 4:28 PM, DeepakChani said:

do they stamp passport when entering the US again after recieving AP? the officer stamped mine. Wanted to make sure this is what others encountered as well. 

Yes they stamped mine twice. I made 2 trips in 15 days. 😊

22 minutes ago, DaveandJen said:

Hi all,

My wife had her fingerprints done the week of Thanksgiving but the USCIS case status still just says case was received. So no update since October, what can I do?

Look up the processing times of your local field office so you'll have some idea of how long your GC interview may take. Some LFOs take just months while some take years and you cant compare your case to anyone else's, especially not at any other field office. 

If you dont know your local field office, you can check it here with your zip code:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

And then you can check the processing times of your I485 here by selecting "I485" and your local field office here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Scroll to the bottom and look for the family based time lines.

Until your interview is ready to be scheduled, your status wont change at all.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

12 hours ago, DaveandJen said:

Hi all,

My wife had her fingerprints done the week of Thanksgiving but the USCIS case status still just says case was received. So no update since October, what can I do?

The reason I am concerned is I see a lot of people on here saying their status changed to ready for interview not very long after the biometrics and we are already past the posted date for the combo card

12 minutes ago, DaveandJen said:

The reason I am concerned is I see a lot of people on here saying their status changed to ready for interview not very long after the biometrics and we are already past the posted date for the combo card

Again, depends on your Local Field Office. 

My Biometrics were Nov 23rd and my status is still Fingerprints being reviewed since then.

My LFO is 26 months.

Have you checked out yours?

What's your LFOs estimated times?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Chochosun said:

Almost 180 days waiting for EAD... question of the day: Will today be the day? 😤😤😤

178 days here... I hope this is the week!!! 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.