jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ypsirccim said:

Sorta off topic, but as you might have read we filed back in October for AOS and my wife got her GC back in Feb (yay) but her passport still has her maiden name (Japan). We are planning on going out of the country in afew weeks and im pretty certain she cant get her Japanese PP changed in time... so my question is, on the tickets should i just use her maiden last name? Would that be a problem when we reenter? 

You would book the ticket in her maiden name but you might have problems using the return ticket back as she wont have any ID in her maiden name on the way back. Does Japan return the invalidated old passport back to you if you request it? That might help in proving she is the same person. You wont have issue getting back into the states but boarding the flights with the tickets in her maiden name might be a problem. I would ask your airline.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
44 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

Just popping into say that today we received both our combo card, and our notice for our AOS interview set for 5/7/19 up in Chicago! Filing date was 10/5/18.

CONGRATULATIONS 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Hemzi said:

Anymore Octobears had approvals on EAD/AP - in the past week?? 

I know it sounds like I'm being impatient but I have taken steps to contact my local congressman now - as I feel we Octos have really had the thorny side of the stick re EAD/AP now :( Sad that I feel I had to do this, I'm usually the most patient person but with ever changing dates and feeling so low on hope just had to do something to feel like I'm moving! 

AT least spring weather is being pleasant! What is everyone doing at the moment to curb boredom or keeping spirits up high?

Hey so I contacted the congresswoman yesterday, she asked me to fill a form explaining the issue and i sent it to her today. She helped me on my K1 visa, we contacted her after 9 months without approval. Around 4 days after we got the approval. I hope she can still help me the same way. I dont know I have the feeling they were trying to clear the greencard applications these weeks, because i barely saw people getting EADs approved. There were lots of people without Greencard being touched, like mine, it took 5 months. I hope next week it rains EAD for all of us.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, ypsirccim said:

Sorta off topic, but as you might have read we filed back in October for AOS and my wife got her GC back in Feb (yay) but her passport still has her maiden name (Japan). We are planning on going out of the country in afew weeks and im pretty certain she cant get her Japanese PP changed in time... so my question is, on the tickets should i just use her maiden last name? Would that be a problem when we reenter? 

Always book in the name on her Passport, and bring marriage certificate when you travel, until she can change her name on her Passport. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 4/3/2019 at 6:05 PM, ira1712 said:

I made my topic and recived good advice - how to get AB 60 drivers Driving license for people who do not have 2 documents confirming their identity and SSN (I only have a passport).It is very strange that the holders of K1 visas should take such detours. I will deal with this issue today. Then, as in my priority permission to drive a car, to take care of my husband. Congratulations!

Today I visited the office DMV with the purpose of applying for the AB60 driver's license  and passing the written test. Previously on the site, I passed a special test for the availability of documents, after which they sent me notifications that the documents I have, give me the opportunity to apply for this tipe of driver's license.

Even with the successful pass of a written test, the next step is to check all the documents provided. The term of the investigation is 6 months. During this time, you do not have a learning permit (you can not learn how to drive and drive in a car with another person).  After 6 month investigation, you have the right to pass the driver's test, if your documets wiil be confirmed.

As far as I understood, this program is designed for California's illegal immigrants (this driver's license is only for this state), therefore such a waiting period.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
13 hours ago, Hemzi said:

Anymore Octobears had approvals on EAD/AP - in the past week?? 

I know it sounds like I'm being impatient but I have taken steps to contact my local congressman now - as I feel we Octos have really had the thorny side of the stick re EAD/AP now :( Sad that I feel I had to do this, I'm usually the most patient person but with ever changing dates and feeling so low on hope just had to do something to feel like I'm moving! 

AT least spring weather is being pleasant! What is everyone doing at the moment to curb boredom or keeping spirits up high?

NO.... Still waiting. I am today at 169 days..... This week I got notification that our interview has been scheduled and the case after mine got approved so these two things gave me hope. LOL. I have just tried to be positive (which is a full-time job) and just to be grateful that at least we are together. And the summer is coming. I would love to get even the ap so I could travel home to see my family.... Maybe one day.... Keep me updated if you contact anyone and how it goes!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi guys just received my notice for interview dated for May 09, 2019 so excited, anyone that's been to the interview can you tell me if you had to bring everything that's on the list?I want to be very prepared for this interview we waited long enough. Thanks for all the help I can get.

33 minutes ago, DIVITA said:

Hi guys just received my notice for interview dated for May 09, 2019 so excited, anyone that's been to the interview can you tell me if you had to bring everything that's on the list?I want to be very prepared for this interview we waited long enough. Thanks for all the help I can get.

Congratulations!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
39 minutes ago, DIVITA said:

CONGRATULATIONS 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
6 hours ago, DIVITA said:

I got the same date in Baltimore! ✌️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, DIVITA said:

Oh wow me too lol good luck 

Still waiting on my interview letter! It's only been 4 days since my status changed to Interview was scheduled. I hope it comes Monday. The suspense is killing me! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, NikkiFromCanada said:

Still waiting on my interview letter! It's only been 4 days since my status changed to Interview was scheduled. I hope it comes Monday. The suspense is killing me! 

Do you have informed delivery setup? our interview was scheduled a few days ago and we have a USPS first class tracked item coming Monday.

So im going to assume your wish might be coming true :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.