jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Hemzi said:

Yup super frustrated to be seeing this and considering when we applied it was 4-6months and then it changed just as we were coming upto October filers one time and it changed and now it's changed again in the same situation. 

I'm now thinking to contact my Congressman to get an update on my case.

@SonaliHormazd I totally agree how can they think that it is manageable for only 1 partner to be working for 6-7mths. Yes they do have the affidavit of support and yes we all know that we picked this route - but having this many changes is enough to drive anyone insane. Especially, when we're doing everything legally.

I tried to contact my congressman today but there ws nobody there, tomorrow Ill try again. They really helped me with my Fiancee visa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, anna lucia said:

OMG Im sorry to hear that. Im not an expert but did you consider calling your congressman? Ive seen people getting good answer with expedites like that

I made my topic and recived good advice - how to get AB 60 drivers Driving license for people who do not have 2 documents confirming their identity and SSN (I only have a passport).It is very strange that the holders of K1 visas should take such detours. I will deal with this issue today. Then, as in my priority permission to drive a car, to take care of my husband. Congratulations!

Edited by ira1712
mistake

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On 4/2/2019 at 7:52 PM, Chochosun said:

Wahooo we have the same timeline! Just got interview scheduled status today as well! Was so excited :D nothing on EAD/AP either. Hopefully that comes soon too!

I think if we go for interview and they give the green card there is no need for ead/ap im not sure......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, DIVITA said:

I think if we go for interview and they give the green card there is no need for ead/ap im not sure......

Of course. When you are approved for gc which you will, there is no need to wait for ead/ap

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Katelyngene said:

Just got notification that our case is ready to be scheduled for an interview! 🤗 We are in NJ so I know it can stay like that for quite a while but so happy to have finally heard something! Fingers crossed we hear about the EAD/AP somewhat soon 🤞🏻

For me it took 2,5 weeks from "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled" to "Interview was Scheduled" ✌️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Happy to see that October filers are getting their interviews already.

And yes, once you get GC, there is no need for EAD/AP, since GC combines it all.You can reside, work and travel with it, according to the US laws and the visa/stay related laws to the countries you are visiting.

I think you can't spend more than half a year outside of US if you are a GC holder.

Anyway, good luck to everyone, I hope my interview is coming soon since my EAD/AP/SSN is messed up and GC is the only hope I can get it done faster.

Today, received letter to appear for interview on May 7 :)

Question to the group: Assuming GC is approved that day and I travel internationally the next day, with the EAD/AP card, I don't need to worry about visa stamp being expired, right? Also, can I still enter through Global Entry kiosk (I have access)?

2 hours ago, dupatinaglace said:

Question to the group: Assuming GC is approved that day and I travel internationally the next day, with the EAD/AP card, I don't need to worry about visa stamp being expired, right? Also, can I still enter through Global Entry kiosk (I have access)?

Ask for an I551 stamp at your interview. Tell them you are travelling tomorrow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, dupatinaglace said:

After our interview, my husband asked the CO if ill be having any issues traveling outside the US not having the GC yet on hand. CO asked me if I already received my Combo card (which I did) and asked for it. CO said Ill be good as long that I have my Combo card and states at the bottom "serves as AP". 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Anymore Octobears had approvals on EAD/AP - in the past week?? 

I know it sounds like I'm being impatient but I have taken steps to contact my local congressman now - as I feel we Octos have really had the thorny side of the stick re EAD/AP now :( Sad that I feel I had to do this, I'm usually the most patient person but with ever changing dates and feeling so low on hope just had to do something to feel like I'm moving! 

AT least spring weather is being pleasant! What is everyone doing at the moment to curb boredom or keeping spirits up high?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Sorta off topic, but as you might have read we filed back in October for AOS and my wife got her GC back in Feb (yay) but her passport still has her maiden name (Japan). We are planning on going out of the country in afew weeks and im pretty certain she cant get her Japanese PP changed in time... so my question is, on the tickets should i just use her maiden last name? Would that be a problem when we reenter? 

Edited by ypsirccim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, ypsirccim said:

Sorta off topic, but as you might have read we filed back in October for AOS and my wife got her GC back in Feb (yay) but her passport still has her maiden name (Japan). We are planning on going out of the country in afew weeks and im pretty certain she cant get her Japanese PP changed in time... so my question is, on the tickets should i just use her maiden last name? Would that be a problem when we reenter? 

Follow her info on her passport

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hemzi said:

Anymore Octobears had approvals on EAD/AP - in the past week?? 

I know it sounds like I'm being impatient but I have taken steps to contact my local congressman now - as I feel we Octos have really had the thorny side of the stick re EAD/AP now :( Sad that I feel I had to do this, I'm usually the most patient person but with ever changing dates and feeling so low on hope just had to do something to feel like I'm moving! 

AT least spring weather is being pleasant! What is everyone doing at the moment to curb boredom or keeping spirits up high?

My PD is October 19th and no news on my case for EAD/AP...

Let me know if you have any luck with your local congressman office... I did that more than a month ago, and they are still waiting on an answer from USCIS...

I got a professional certification to help get a job in my field (when I have the EAD or GC), I am doing online classes on Edx and I will start volunteering at the school where my wife teaches... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.