jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Gama said:

ERM not sure what kind of drugs USCIS are on but when i checked their website they seem to have gone and done it again..

image.thumb.png.3fee0a7046a8b783f70c9ff92ae205cf.png

So it really should be on October filers for inquiries but . YEP you guessed it they extended the inquiry times so what was earlier a few hours ago on 28th of September has now gone back to the 6th of September and the time range another month has been added. Absolutely ridiculous... Bunch of .... begins with W and ends with RS

What a bunch of .. bed WETTERS ?

That is horrible of them to delay the process even longer. Is there any oversight at all on this process and how much USCIS can keep delaying things???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yup super frustrated to be seeing this and considering when we applied it was 4-6months and then it changed just as we were coming upto October filers one time and it changed and now it's changed again in the same situation. 

I'm now thinking to contact my Congressman to get an update on my case.

@SonaliHormazd I totally agree how can they think that it is manageable for only 1 partner to be working for 6-7mths. Yes they do have the affidavit of support and yes we all know that we picked this route - but having this many changes is enough to drive anyone insane. Especially, when we're doing everything legally.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What really worries me is that it seems like they are not even working on EAD/AP for the last month... the officers were probably directed to work on something else... and you wonder, for how long are they going to do that?

I bet that this has to do with the border "crisis"... even a friend of ours that is in the national guard was pulled to work on the border...

Edited by BrazilianInTexas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, Gama said:

ERM not sure what kind of drugs USCIS are on but when i checked their website they seem to have gone and done it again..

image.thumb.png.3fee0a7046a8b783f70c9ff92ae205cf.png

So it really should be on October filers for inquiries but . YEP you guessed it they extended the inquiry times so what was earlier a few hours ago on 28th of September has now gone back to the 6th of September and the time range another month has been added. Absolutely ridiculous... Bunch of .... begins with W and ends with RS

I can't even imagine the feeling of this happening twice for Oct filers! I really feel for you guys. It's just horrendous to be so close to inquiries finally beginning and yet to have that ripped away AGAIN :( 

15 hours ago, Chochosun said:

Wahooo we have the same timeline! Just got interview scheduled status today as well! Was so excited :D nothing on EAD/AP either. Hopefully that comes soon too!

You are probably a few days away from EAD. When I got that status change, EAD production notification came the following week for me. As of last Friday, my interview had apparently been scheduled and I am waiting for the mail to come. 

1 hour ago, dupatinaglace said:

You are probably a few days away from EAD. When I got that status change, EAD production notification came the following week for me. As of last Friday, my interview had apparently been scheduled and I am waiting for the mail to come. 

Awesome thanks. Do you know how long it takes for the interview mail to come after the online notice?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hello, guys!

October filer here.

I have received EAD on March 15th and its been 13 business days since and I havent received SSN.

I have checked the box to get SSN with EAD.

My EAD came mispelled and SSN will too, probably, if it arrives but it isnt a problem for work, according to USCIS, so I was wondering how long it took you to get your SSN after EAD?

26 minutes ago, Chochosun said:

3 weeks?? :0 thats so long. And when was the interviewed scheduled compared to when you received the mail?

Just to recap my timeline since we are both AOS from H1B in Chicago who filed in Oct...

• PD 10/16 (sent app on 10/10)
  • Mid-November biometrics
  • Mar 13: I-485 - Case is ready to be schedule for interview
  • Mar 19: EAD/AP card ordered (received on 3/25 in mail)
  • Mar 29: I-485 - Interview was scheduled (still waiting for mail) 

Good timing for me to quit my current job next week and start a new better one! You probably itching to quit too. H1B is like being an indentured servant to a company.  Last fall, I lost another really good job offer when USCIS suspended premium processing and I couldn't transfer my H1B in good time. 

Edited by dupatinaglace

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USCIS creates problems not only with work, but also with a driver's license. I do not have a driver's license. A week ago, my husband started have problems with his leg. He practically does not walk (only to the toilet with a crutch). He was hit by a car a few years ago, he has had  several surgeries . There are several metal plates in his right leg in the thigh and in the knee, one leg shorter than the other (he uses special shoes). We are engaged in analyzes and X-rays. I plan to file my case speed . Only 5 days was left to request and they make changes again..... Has anyone heard how quickly such cases can be considered?

Edited by ira1712
grammar mistake

2 hours ago, dupatinaglace said:

Just to recap my timeline since we are both AOS from H1B in Chicago who filed in Oct...

• PD 10/16 (sent app on 10/10)
  • Mid-November biometrics
  • Mar 13: I-485 - Case is ready to be schedule for interview
  • Mar 19: EAD/AP card ordered (received on 3/25 in mail)
  • Mar 29: I-485 - Interview was scheduled (still waiting for mail) 

Good timing for me to quit my current job next week and start a new better one! You probably itching to quit too. H1B is like being an indentured servant to a company.  Last fall, I lost another really good job offer when USCIS suspended premium processing and I couldn't transfer my H1B in good time. 

Nice congrats!! Damn are you me as well?? It sucks right now trying to wait it out but we are almost there. Good job to you for lining up your options! Yeah I literally cannot wait for my EAD card and be freeeee 😂😂😂 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, ira1712 said:

USCIS creates problems not only with work, but also with a driver's license. I do not have a driver's license. A week ago, my husband started have problems with his leg. He practically does not walk (only to the toilet with a crutch). He was hit by a car a few years ago, he has had  several surgeries . There are several metal plates in his right leg in the thigh and in the knee, one leg shorter than the other (he uses special shoes). We are engaged in analyzes and X-rays. I plan to file my case speed . Only 5 days was left to request and they make changes again..... Has anyone heard how quickly such cases can be considered?

OMG Im sorry to hear that. Im not an expert but did you consider calling your congressman? Ive seen people getting good answer with expedites like that

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Soo... After i check their processing times going back to beginning of september I decided to vent with my aunt, and in the middle of that I got a case ready to be scheduled for na interview. They updated it one week after they received my RFE, which was last wednesday. I hope soon they choose one day to send everybody's EADs cards for production even if its clicking the wrong bottom by mistake haha... What a long wait. After one year and 1 month on my K1 with no RFE... I can tell we are all Strong people!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.