jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, mariediena said:

Hi, thanks for that! That sounds good. My receipt date is Oct 6 so I'm hoping I'd receive mine soon as well. However, I'm filing from K-1; Fiance Visa, so it's possible that the processing time could be different. Hoping to get more info from the October 2018 filers here! :)

there are many k1 fiance visa in October 2018 thread.. scroll back to know more info.. many k1 already got their gc 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay soooo.... super happy for all those who have got approvals and what not so far but I need to rant! I'm going crazy being here at home and yes I know I signed up for this but it's just so frustrating to be in a struggle sometimes when you know you could potentially be working and things have been further delayed on USCIS' end and just yes *pulls out hair* I just want to know what's going on :(!!! Where my file is and how long it's going to take - I can't do this wait game anymore and have no plan!!! 

Okay... Rant Over... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Hemzi said:

Okay soooo.... super happy for all those who have got approvals and what not so far but I need to rant! I'm going crazy being here at home and yes I know I signed up for this but it's just so frustrating to be in a struggle sometimes when you know you could potentially be working and things have been further delayed on USCIS' end and just yes *pulls out hair* I just want to know what's going on :(!!! Where my file is and how long it's going to take - I can't do this wait game anymore and have no plan!!! 

Okay... Rant Over... 

I will join @Hemzi and go on rant too...

I have the same feeling! Anxiety is driving me crazy! My wife and I have to control each cent we spend, or we might spend more than what she's making, and I end up driving her crazy over this... and being so anxious I started applying for jobs and interviewing, in the hopes of getting a job offer and being able to expedite the process.... and there are companies interested in hiring me, but their legal department won't let them make a job offer before I have the EAD... I always explain that with a job offer I can expedite the process, and that I know people that have done that, but they are probably afraid of some liability... to make it worse, USCIS has messed up my address in the EAD case, I am going through the 4th request to try to fix it...

And before coming here it were 2,5 years of distance relationship... I feel like our lives have been on hold for all this time... I can't wait to finally start our lives!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, BrazilianInTexas said:

I will join @Hemzi and go on rant too...

I have the same feeling! Anxiety is driving me crazy! My wife and I have to control each cent we spend, or we might spend more than what she's making, and I end up driving her crazy over this... and being so anxious I started applying for jobs and interviewing, in the hopes of getting a job offer and being able to expedite the process.... and there are companies interested in hiring me, but their legal department won't let them make a job offer before I have the EAD... I always explain that with a job offer I can expedite the process, and that I know people that have done that, but they are probably afraid of some liability... to make it worse, USCIS has messed up my address in the EAD case, I am going through the 4th request to try to fix it...

And before coming here it were 2,5 years of distance relationship... I feel like our lives have been on hold for all this time... I can't wait to finally start our lives!

sorry for this guys..

i really hope you research about this process and plan everything before you guys proceed..

wish you all the best and hope you'll get a good news soon with your application.

We just got a notification our AOS has been scheduled for interview! How far out do they usually schedule these things? Considering it's Friday I'm not holding my breath we'll see the letter till next week! 😂 our filling date was 10/5/18 (or 10/9/18 depending on if you ask the old site or the new one 😂)

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

1 hour ago, MM&CS said:

We just got a notification our AOS has been scheduled for interview! How far out do they usually schedule these things? Considering it's Friday I'm not holding my breath we'll see the letter till next week! 😂 our filling date was 10/5/18 (or 10/9/18 depending on if you ask the old site or the new one 😂)

From what I've seen it's about a month or two after you actually receive the letter; congratulations!

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Timeline

I can’t imagine the feeling and frustration  @Hemzi and @BrazilianInTexas that you must feel. I’m only Day 126 and quite a long way yet to go. No doubt I’ll get very upset when I see December approvals flooding in and I’m yet to be approved.

I’ve a super bad feeling in my gut I’ll get left behind like the NBC has regrettably and clearly done to some Sept/October filers. 

The only good thing is the inquiry period will begin next week for October filers! Trying to understand the logic of approvals baffles me. I gave up already. 

Hoping that you both and everyone still waiting gets naturally approved asap or your inquiry date comes soon in April ❤️

Edited by jakejon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, jakejon said:

I can’t imagine the feeling and frustration  @Hemzi and @BrazilianInTexas that you must feel. I’m only Day 126 and quite a long way yet to go. No doubt I’ll get very upset when I see December approvals flooding in and I’m yet to be approved.

I’ve a super bad feeling in my gut I’ll get left behind like the NBC has regrettably and clearly done to some Sept/October filers. 

The only good thing is the inquiry period will begin next week for October filers! Trying to understand the logic of approvals baffles me. I gave up already. 

Hoping that you both and everyone still waiting gets naturally approved asap or your inquiry date comes soon in April ❤️

I am 176 days and I will submit the request for EAD on April 8th (185 days). But the last time I planned to submit a request, they increased the waiting time. I hope that this time USCIS will be more kinder to alive people and will not increase the term again.😟

Edited by ira1712
mistake

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
4 hours ago, Hemzi said:

Okay... Rant Over... 

I feel you! I checked the app so many times that it blocked me out.... LOL.... 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ira1712 said:

I am 176 days and I will submit the request for EAD on April 8th (185 days). But the last time I planned to submit a request, they increased the waiting time. I hope that this time USCIS will be more kinder to alive people and will not increase the term again.😟

Ohh, that’s not long away!! You’ve got this. I’m so sorry- I feel I have to apologise on their behalf. The 8th is not that long away. I hope you hear back real soon after that but hopefully you hear before inquiry ❤️

13 minutes ago, Katri said:

I feel you! I checked the app so many times that it blocked me out.... LOL.... 

What I do is I turn off the WiFi and let it scan. Once it blocks again I restart my phone LOL 🙈

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
1 minute ago, jakejon said:

Ohh, that’s not long away!! You’ve got this. I’m so sorry- I feel I have to apologise on their behalf. The 8th is not that long away. I hope you hear back real soon after that but hopefully before you hear before inquiry ❤️

What I do is I turn off the WiFi and let it scan. Once it blocks again I restart my phone LOL 🙈

LOL - Thanks for the tips 😂

Timeline
1 minute ago, Katri said:

LOL - Thanks for the tips 😂

Oh it’s me being married to a Data Analyst, who also loves his tech that told me about IP’s 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
Just now, jakejon said:

Oh it’s me being married to a Data Analyst, who also loves his tech 😂😂😂

Well if he could get me my approval also? That would be great!?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.