jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Kinetic11 said:

How long would it take for USCIS to schedule an interview after getting the 'ready for scheduling an interview' notice? 

A few months to many, many months. This cannot be predicted even based on knowing the processing times of your local field office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

A few months to many, many months. This cannot be predicted even based on knowing the processing times of your local field office.

Dang it, this sucks.  I was hoping to have an estimated time table 

5 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

Dang it, this sucks.  I was hoping to have an estimated time table 

You do if you look up your FO processing times for the I485 here: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

But even so, the range of times is so wide that it's not helpful.

At my FO the current range is between 13.5 months to 30.5 months. How helpful is that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You do if you look up your FO processing times for the I485 here: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

But even so, the range of times is so wide that it's not helpful.

At my FO the current range is between 13.5 months to 30.5 months. How helpful is that?

I agree, not helpful at all. I’m starting to understand why a lot of folks have said the CR1 visa is superior to the K1, in hindsight I think we all would’ve done the latter. 

I’m really hoping I can hear something on the interview atleast within 6 months. 

Edited by Rocko20

2 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

I agree, not helpful at all. I’m starting to understand why a lot of folks have said the CR1 visa is superior to the K1, in hindsight I think we all would’ve done the latter. 

I’m really hoping I can hear something on the interview atleast within 6 months. 

HI is 10.5 to 23.5 so that might be a little optimistic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

You can have a better view of other people timelines for each local office here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?cfl=&op5=5,6,8,9,10,11

For Honolulu it looks like 8 months or far

Edited by Gibus

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Have applied for my SSN on 10/24/2018 and they gave me a document with the reference number. The manager told me the date of my arrival on my passport was different than the one on I94. He also told me he sent a request of info to CBP to see why the mismatch.

On 11/05/2018 I got an informed delivery on my email from USPS showing a letter from SSA. Unfortunately, we came home on 7th Nov after our wedding in Hawaii to find out the letter is nowhere to be found in the mail. I blame our apartment building management that has moved very slow in adding me on the lease. I checked SAVE and it says my case returned to the Maryland agency.

I am thinking either 1.they just sent me the letter saying my card will come in the next 2 weeks, and it got returned back because of me not being on the lease(the management building has someone that actually puts all the mail in the mailbox if it has your name inside) OR 2. it was the SSN and it got sent back.

Will be calling tomorrow my local SSA office to see what is going on and keep posted.

Meanwhile, maybe someone can give me more insight if in the same situation, what is the next procedure in getting the SSN.

Edited by AlexaF

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
4 hours ago, AlexaF said:

Have applied for my SSN on 10/24/2018 and they gave me a document with the reference number. The manager told me the date of my arrival on my passport was different than the one on I94. He also told me he sent a request of info to CBP to see why the mismatch.

On 11/05/2018 I got an informed delivery on my email from USPS showing a letter from SSA. Unfortunately, we came home on 7th Nov after our wedding in Hawaii to find out the letter is nowhere to be found in the mail. I blame our apartment building management that has moved very slow in adding me on the lease. I checked SAVE and it says my case returned to the Maryland agency.

I am thinking either 1.they just sent me the letter saying my card will come in the next 2 weeks, and it got returned back because of me not being on the lease(the management building has someone that actually puts all the mail in the mailbox if it has your name inside) OR 2. it was the SSN and it got sent back.

Will be calling tomorrow my local SSA office to see what is going on and keep posted.

Meanwhile, maybe someone can give me more insight if in the same situation, what is the next procedure in getting the SSN.

At least you got something! I applied September 14 and the. I went again 3 weeks ago and still nothing from SSN. 2 months waiting for this.

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
57 minutes ago, jackyjimenez said:

At least you got something! I applied September 14 and the. I went again 3 weeks ago and still nothing from SSN. 2 months waiting for this.

:( *Fingers Crossed* With it being Week 4 I hope you get your SSN card this week!

Has anyone gone for their biometrics and then not had their statuses updated after a few weeks?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hi there i am about to be a November Filer. question about EAD form. I already went to SSA last week and we were put on manual verification unfortunately. we are going to file AOS this week without a pending SSN, what did everyone put below, should we be checking NO for 13a, even though we're pending Social security #?

image.png.62d1b031b3d05603a34d9f789fa10074.png

image.png.5071ab49d24bf20ffe605fad8add2106.png

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Just now, Lebanese23 said:

hi there i am about to be a November Filer. question about EAD form. I already went to SSA last week and we were put on manual verification unfortunately. we are going to file AOS this week without a pending SSN, what did everyone put below, should we be checking NO for 13a, even though we're pending Social security #?

image.png.62d1b031b3d05603a34d9f789fa10074.png

image.png.5071ab49d24bf20ffe605fad8add2106.png

13.a. Yes

13.b. N/A

And then elaborate on Page 7 "Additional Information" as to your situation that you have applied but have not received it yet as of the time of filing for AOS.

**dont be afraid to use the Additional Information pages to give details on anything and everything that is confusing or might be misinterpreted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

WE submitted our i485, i131, and i785 all together, and the i765was rejected. we resubmitted and it was received af ew weeks later.  Last week we went to our ASC biometrics appointment (3 hours drive) and then we received ANOTHER ASC appointment letter for our resubmitted i765 application.  is this normal that one would have 2 different biometrics?  First one was code 3 and the next one is code 2.  They admitted they made a mistake with the first i765 application, but now won't let us skip this appointment. trying to not take off more work for their mistake. this happen to anyone else?

7 minutes ago, AndyAspen said:

WE submitted our i485, i131, and i785 all together, and the i765was rejected. we resubmitted and it was received af ew weeks later.  Last week we went to our ASC biometrics appointment (3 hours drive) and then we received ANOTHER ASC appointment letter for our resubmitted i765 application.  is this normal that one would have 2 different biometrics?  First one was code 3 and the next one is code 2.  They admitted they made a mistake with the first i765 application, but now won't let us skip this appointment. trying to not take off more work for their mistake. this happen to anyone else?

Maybe because both the I485 and I765 require biometrics if filed separately. I'd call USCIS and ask if you have to go again.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Hi everyone just an update. I did biometrics on November 14th ,now the waiting begins.

Today got my learner permit on mail gave the test 2 weeks ago.Next month going for the road test.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.