jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Is anyone at the biometrics appointment stage yet? What to expect? My wife has it this saturday.

Sadly, I can't be there with her as I've been sent on a businesses trip for 3 months. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rocko20 said:

Is anyone at the biometrics appointment stage yet? What to expect? My wife has it this saturday.

Sadly, I can't be there with her as I've been sent on a businesses trip for 3 months. 

Hi! I’m going in 2 days to my Biometrics appointment. I’ll let you know, just in case someone hasn’t  done it before me and they give you the answer. :)

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 minute ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Stupid question, but do they send you a letter telling when your biometrics are scheduled?

It’s not stupid question at all. And yes they do. With the Name of place and time.

Edited by jackyjimenez

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/24/2018 at 6:22 PM, PME & MCGA said:

Sorry, but I did read different forums here on VJ and other websites about married K1 visa holders applying for SSN under their married names. There were some who succeeded in obtaining one just by presenting their marriage certificates, which I did the first time. They said success of getting one depends on how competent agents are. If you’re right, then I don’t know which agent was the compent and which was not.😅 But really, I should have just applied sooner (2-3 weeks from arrival and still unmarried) under my maiden name. Thanks for the info. though!😊

I applied for my ssn with my married name 2 weeks after the wedding. They only asked for my passport and marriage cert. 

54 minutes ago, Annaguilar said:

I applied for my ssn with my married name 2 weeks after the wedding. They only asked for my passport and marriage cert. 

Have you received your SSN though? Did they not ask for your I94 when you applied?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Have you received your SSN though? Did they not ask for your I94 when you applied?

Oh sorry. Yeah they asked for the i 94 too. I received it 10 days later

4 minutes ago, Annaguilar said:

Oh sorry. Yeah they asked for the i 94 too. I received it 10 days later

Did you keep your maiden name? Or apply for your SSN in your maiden name even though you are going to go by your married name?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Did you keep your maiden name? Or apply for your SSN in your maiden name even though you are going to go by your married name?

Didn't keep my maiden name. I applied with my married name.

4 minutes ago, Annaguilar said:

Didn't keep my maiden name. I applied with my married name.

And was this your first application then? Or did you already apply in your maiden name when you were single, receive a card and then just go back to change your name?

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

And was this your first application then? Or did you already apply in your maiden name when you were single, receive a card and then just go back to change your name?

It's my first application. 

Just now, Annaguilar said:

It's my first application. 

Hmmm okay. Well you are probably the 2% that have been able to do this. The agent did not follow the rules as they are laid out. You are lucky. I have never heard of this happening and most, if not all would be denied an initial SSN if applying after marriage with their married name as that name does not match the name on your I94 which is what SSA is required to go by 

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Hmmm okay. Well you are probably the 2% that have been able to do this. The agent did not follow the rules as they are laid out. You are lucky. I have never heard of this happening and most, if not all would be denied an initial SSN if applying after marriage with their married name as that name does not match the name on your I94 which is what SSA is required to go by 

Perhaps it also differ from state to state. 

1 minute ago, Annaguilar said:

Perhaps it also differ from state to state. 

No it does not. 

SSA is a federal program that must abide by the same rules. 

What does differ is the knowledge of each individual SSA agent. Count your blessings your agent did not follow the rules. They have for everyone else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

We are one of those people that applied for a SSN and are still waiting for the number. We submitted all of our information at the local SS office in our city on 9/28/2018 10 days after arrival. When checking on the status last week they said it can take 4-6 weeks and couldn't provide any further information. I am going to enter that I'm not requesting a SSN on the EAD due to not wanting to cause conflict with already requesting the number. Anyone have that experience?

Also, anyone else feel a bit confused with the I-765 Form? I'm feeling like the eligibility category section is a bit unclear. Are you supposed to put the degree that you hold no matter what or ONLY if you have a particular category? K1 Category is C9 correct? Is the format: (C)(9) or (C9) ((yes I know extra particular question ha)) 

I appreciate the help!!

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.