DGF

I-130 September 2018 Filers

630 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 6/9/2019 at 5:48 AM, ladylion11 said:

for now they will contact with your wife and later they will transfer the file to Pakistan, that's when they will contact with you.

That's great then because the public postal service over here is not so great and its common for them to missout letters unless they use a private service. So based on what you've said, I should be expecting another letter coming in the US from NVC now.  

6 hours ago, Fayez said:

That's great then because the public postal service over here is not so great and its common for them to missout letters unless they use a private service. So based on what you've said, I should be expecting another letter coming in the US from NVC now.  

Don't worry I think whatever letter the mail you , they also email to your wife. The only letter you will receive is interview date  and they also email that your wife as well. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, ladylion11 said:

Don't worry I think whatever letter the mail you , they also email to your wife. The only letter you will receive is interview date  and they also email that your wife as well. 

That's great. Thank you so much! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

270 days today, 9 months on Thursday 😔 Nothing but radio silence from TSC, no touches, no RFEs, nothing. Even my usually super chill husband (the petitioner) is starting to get fed up with this. At this point I would take a NOID or even a NOIR just so that we know our file isn't lost and collecting dust somewhere. I'm seeing November filers complaining that they haven't heard anything yet and it's all getting to be too much. It's not even the long wait that is bothering me, it's that almost everyone else (I'm aware of a few exceptions) was approved long ago and we've received nothing but silence. 

30 more days until we can try submitting an inquiry again, although I have no faith that it's not just going to continue to tell us that we're still within normal processing times even when we are days past the inquiry date like it did last time, or that the dates aren't going to have been pushed back again by then. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I am so sorry for you, DGF. It’s probably not helpful to say that I am dreading to be in your place. My PD is 11/14/18 but I see more and more approvals of those who filed after me. Both my husband (beneficiary) and me (petitioner) are getting more desperate. The separation is killing us. We are counting the days till my next visit to see him (57, and will stay there only for a week due to my work obligations). I check my USCIS case number every day, no updates. No emails, no SMS, no mail. It has become an obsession, really. So I do understand how you feel, please accept my sympathy. I wish you to receive the good news soon, very soon. It’s any day now, I am sure.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 6/10/2019 at 6:42 AM, JadenL said:

I know that’s why my initial I130 there weren’t passport photos because my husband (beneficiary) is not in the US but I got an rfe for those passport photos. It asked for mine and my husband. 

When did you submit your RFE? Did you get approve yet? Thanks! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, DGF said:

270 days today, 9 months on Thursday 😔 Nothing but radio silence from TSC, no touches, no RFEs, nothing. Even my usually super chill husband (the petitioner) is starting to get fed up with this. At this point I would take a NOID or even a NOIR just so that we know our file isn't lost and collecting dust somewhere. I'm seeing November filers complaining that they haven't heard anything yet and it's all getting to be too much. It's not even the long wait that is bothering me, it's that almost everyone else (I'm aware of a few exceptions) was approved long ago and we've received nothing but silence. 

30 more days until we can try submitting an inquiry again, although I have no faith that it's not just going to continue to tell us that we're still within normal processing times even when we are days past the inquiry date like it did last time, or that the dates aren't going to have been pushed back again by then. 

Nebraska folks are looking at a year of waiting to have someone look at our applications..9 months today for me. :(

Edited by GAMAJM

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

4 hours ago, Allison1128 said:

I submitted it june 3rd and by june 11 my status was updated to case review. But it’s been a week I haven’t heard anything. I hope I get an approval soon🙏🙏🙏🙏 some says it takes 2-3 weeks so I’m hoping 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Timeline
8 hours ago, portorusa said:

I am so sorry for you, DGF. It’s probably not helpful to say that I am dreading to be in your place. My PD is 11/14/18 but I see more and more approvals of those who filed after me. Both my husband (beneficiary) and me (petitioner) are getting more desperate. The separation is killing us. We are counting the days till my next visit to see him (57, and will stay there only for a week due to my work obligations). I check my USCIS case number every day, no updates. No emails, no SMS, no mail. It has become an obsession, really. So I do understand how you feel, please accept my sympathy. I wish you to receive the good news soon, very soon. It’s any day now, I am sure.

Thank you for your kindness :) I wouldn't wish this on anyone but knowing that I'm not alone (just look at all the people on VJ who have waited longer than normal!) is making it slightly more manageable. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you'll hear very soon! 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

4 hours ago, Allison1128 said:

Did you get an rfe as well? Did you responded and got an approval yet? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

Nebraska folks are looking at a year of waiting to have someone look at our applications..9 months today for me. :(

Honestly I would prefer that. At least I'd know that my wait was still normal and I wouldn't be wondering if my case was lost or in background checks or on a slow officers desk or what without being able to ask for information beyond "case is received" and "within normal processing time" because USCIS doesn't know how to offer an ounce of transparency. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, JadenL said:

I submitted it june 3rd and by june 11 my status was updated to case review. But it’s been a week I haven’t heard anything. I hope I get an approval soon🙏🙏🙏🙏 some says it takes 2-3 weeks so I’m hoping 🙏🙏🙏🙏

12 minutes ago, JadenL said:

Did you get an rfe as well? Did you responded and got an approval yet? 

May 29: RFE 

Jun 11:  Sent the response 

Jun 15: ready for pickup 

Jun 17: delivered, case status updated 

Case tracker shows:

On Jun 17 

Response to USCIS Request for Inital evidence was received. 

————> is this what you see now? 

Good oof luck to both of us 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
41 minutes ago, DGF said:

Honestly I would prefer that. At least I'd know that my wait was still normal and I wouldn't be wondering if my case was lost or in background checks or on a slow officers desk or what without being able to ask for information beyond "case is received" and "within normal processing time" because USCIS doesn't know how to offer an ounce of transparency. 

You haven't called? Tier 2? Hmm..well I would rather be at Texas in your situation. So it's all a matter of perspective! 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
1 hour ago, GAMAJM said:

You haven't called? Tier 2? Hmm..well I would rather be at Texas in your situation. So it's all a matter of perspective! 

I am the beneficiary, I can't call. My husband has called a few times but only has time to call before work on days that he doesn't have to go in early and has yet to get someone who is willing to transfer him to a tier 2 rep. Going to try again later this week when he has a chance. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Allison1128 said:

May 29: RFE 

Jun 11:  Sent the response 

Jun 15: ready for pickup 

Jun 17: delivered, case status updated 

Case tracker shows:

On Jun 17 

Response to USCIS Request for Inital evidence was received. 

————> is this what you see now? 

Good oof luck to both of us 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Yup. And thanks. Goodluck to you as well. 🙏🙏🙏 I heard it takes 2-3 weeks for them to make a decision so I’m hoping to get an approval soon🙏🙏🙏🙏 may I know what kind of rfe did you get?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.