DGF

I-130 September 2018 Filers

630 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Any recent TSC September approvals?

I feel like there weren't that many approvals this past month(April) compared to the month before(March).

I  remember about 50% of the Aug cases had been approved by April 5.   

But right now, there aren't even 30% Sep cases getting their approvals... 

Edited by Allison1128

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Allison1128 said:

Any recent TSC September approvals?

I feel like there weren't that many approvals this past month(April) compared to the month before(March).

I  remember about 50% of the Aug cases had been approved by April 5.   

But right now, there aren't even 30% Sep cases getting their approvals... 

It's been especially dead this week. They are still working on cases based on the activity I see on the case tracker app but it looks like almost every case that is updating on there is getting either an RFE or an RFIE. Maybe they just haven't been updating the site and we'll see a wave of activity soon when they either update it or people start getting their approvals in the mail. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

I just checked my estimated on vj it says may 8 to may 20 but yesterday it says may 3 to may 15 and on case processing times it does say 6.5 months to 8.5 months😔 I hope more approvals for September filers🙏🙏🙏🙏

6 minutes ago, Mr. & Mrs. B said:

I just randomly decided to call USCIS contact center to see if there was any status update and I was advised that My Husband and I were approved!!! Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!! 

PD: 9/14/18

NOA2: 4/30/19

Service Center: Texas

Congrats my pd is the same as yours maybe I should call and ask too

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Mr. & Mrs. B said:

I just randomly decided to call USCIS contact center to see if there was any status update and I was advised that My Husband and I were approved!!! Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!! 

Congrats to you both! Hoping for speedy victory for all September filers! Just curious, has the USCIS updated as approved? My pd -September 25 and there are a few case approvals for that date and couple cases has been sent to NVC :) I’m hoping my case will be approved soon too!  Lol 😂 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, OneHappyMamma said:

Congrats to you both! Hoping for speedy victory for all September filers! Just curious, has the USCIS updated as approved? My pd -September 25 and there are a few case approvals for that date and couple cases has been sent to NVC :) I’m hoping my case will be approved soon too!  Lol 😂 

No updates still saying Case received. The woman I spoke with said told me it's not updated online but the NOA2 was mailed out to me May 1, 2019. So I should be receiving in the mail very soon. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Mr. & Mrs. B said:

congratulations!!!!!

Edited by Allison1128

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Got approved! Decided to check https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/. Didn’t receive a text or email. Still shows “Case Received” in the case tracker app

PD: 09/28/18

NOA1: 10/02/18

NOA2: 05/03/19C743331E-B87F-4BED-B6A7-845DF0EAC712.thumb.jpeg.c5129a3a6c74a24550d3609cdf2377d5.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/3/2019 at 2:39 PM, Mr. & Mrs. B said:

Hey is there a direct phone number to contact USCIS? I’ve been trying to contact them and it’s impossible to speak with someone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I just passed the "you can inquire about normal processing times" window and now my wife and I are going mad with inquiries.  America I just wanna get my Canadian butt over the border and be with my wife and step-son :D.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

we were Approved!!! on the 3rd of May 2019. Our pd was 18/09/2018. service center Texas.  Thanks                                                                                                                                           

Edited by Bayman
error

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.