DGF

I-130 September 2018 Filers

630 posts in this topic

We filed our I-130 on September 14th 2018 and got approved February 27th 2019. Potomac Center so we were very, very lucky... No RFE needed.

Now the wait at the NVC starts.. 🙄

I want to send my moral support to all of the people that are still waiting for approval..❤️

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

1 hour ago, Daphne K said:

We filed our I-130 on September 14th 2018 and got approved February 27th 2019. Potomac Center so we were very, very lucky... No RFE needed.

Now the wait at the NVC starts.. 🙄

I want to send my moral support to all of the people that are still waiting for approval..❤️

Congrats my pd is September 14 as well but texas service center

My PD is August 10th at Texas Service Center.

I don't know how people in September are getting approvals?

Is it because the files are assigned to specific immigration officer? And some are faster than other.

Or does being slow means there is an issue and they are checking your case more thoroughly.

Also for people who get approvals, do you see it in the app as soon as it happens. My landlord give me my mail, so I get it very late.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, hiraadhikar said:

My PD is August 10th at Texas Service Center.

I don't know how people in September are getting approvals?

Is it because the files are assigned to specific immigration officer? And some are faster than other.

Or does being slow means there is an issue and they are checking your case more thoroughly.

Also for people who get approvals, do you see it in the app as soon as it happens. My landlord give me my mail, so I get it very late.

There are many reasons but no one really knows why. 

It’s kinda random though. 

From my observation, the app doesn’t always update immediately. Many people got their approvals via mail while the app remains pending. I was told to create an account on the website. They say It’s more accurate.

You should be hearing from uscis soon. Good luck 

Timeline

Texas Service Center - 7 months so far

It's already mid April. Hopefully there will be more Sep approvals for the following week.  Fingers crossed! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Im also a september filer. My PD was September 14 and on March 21st we got a letter in the mail saying our I-130 was sent over to NBC from Potomac. I’m currently out of the country so it’s not AOS and my wife is living here in Mexico with me for a few months. Our attorney said it was sent over to NBC because my wife will have an interview at our local office. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Has anyone got any updates through USCIS case status like online? Its funny how we filed the electronic notifications form but found out we were approved through the mail. It has been a while and the website still hasn't caught up. I am just curious. 

I-129F Sent : 09-28-2015 via USPS Priority Mail to PO Box in Dallas, TX

I-129F Delivered : 10-01-2015

I-129F NOA1 :10-13-2015

I-129F NOA2 : 11-04-2015

NVC Received : 11-17-2015

Packet 3 Received : 12-04-2015

Interview Date : March 3rd, 2016

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : March 14th, 2016

US Entry : March 16th, 2016

Marriage : May 25th, 2016

Daughter born: May 13th, 2016

Now on I-130. A new adventure begins..

Timeline
4 hours ago, AnaMarieW said:

Has anyone got any updates through USCIS case status like online? Its funny how we filed the electronic notifications form but found out we were approved through the mail. It has been a while and the website still hasn't caught up. I am just curious. 

did you create an account on USCIS website? 

we asked for electronic notifications but we didn't receive any emails or text messages about our NOA1. ( I haven't receive my NOA2 yet) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 hours ago, Allison1128 said:

did you create an account on USCIS website? 

we asked for electronic notifications but we didn't receive any emails or text messages about our NOA1. ( I haven't receive my NOA2 yet) 

Yes I have one. And the last update I got from there was about them receiving our response to the NOID we got. (Even though we got the NOA2 now by mail). 

I-129F Sent : 09-28-2015 via USPS Priority Mail to PO Box in Dallas, TX

I-129F Delivered : 10-01-2015

I-129F NOA1 :10-13-2015

I-129F NOA2 : 11-04-2015

NVC Received : 11-17-2015

Packet 3 Received : 12-04-2015

Interview Date : March 3rd, 2016

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : March 14th, 2016

US Entry : March 16th, 2016

Marriage : May 25th, 2016

Daughter born: May 13th, 2016

Now on I-130. A new adventure begins..

Timeline
6 hours ago, U&J said:

Received my NOA -1  9/28/2018  visa journey predicts my case should be adjudicated by May 24 th , Fingers crossed  .  

according to your timeline, are you doing direct consular filing? 

I called USCIS today processing times have changed from 6.5 to 8.5 months to 8 to 10 months 

By the way my case number is SRC 199000****.

This is so frustrating 😔😔😔😔😔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, U&J said:

I called USCIS today processing times have changed from 6.5 to 8.5 months to 8 to 10 months 

By the way my case number is SRC 199000****.

This is so frustrating 😔😔😔😔😔

there is nothing we can do then to wait!! why others get their approval 61days from Potomac .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.