DGF

I-130 September 2018 Filers

630 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

So one week after we got an email saying someone was looking at our case, we’ve been approved!!

- Texas Service Center, PD 09/14, approval date 03/19 (not updated yet on the USCIS app or site)

Im unbelievably happy right now!!!

Congrats mine is from texas pd 9/14 as well I hope I can be approved too. 

6 minutes ago, Gojo said:

I’m located in Washington DC but I think it’s not gonna do any good. I’m not outside of processing times so I just have to wait. Good thing I’m visiting my husband in May so by the time I come back if no notifications from them, I’ll put in a request. It’s still a good feeling that they are moving along with September. I’ve seen other Septembers too so soon this will be all over. 

I’d say there’s no harm in it. I didn’t think it’d help us but they did. Of course it’s completelt up to you and I’m hoping they approve yours soon! 😊

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Guys... I looked at our noa2 and it said we have to fill out an i824 and I was thinking ‘that’s not right it should go to the NVC’.

I looked it up and it turns out my husband (the petitioner) put that I’m in the US because he must’ve got confused for a second and thought they were asking about him and not me (the beneficiary). But I’m in the UK and always have been. I’ve looked it up and it says i824 takes up to 11.5 months to be approved. We can’t wait that long for it to go to NVC. I’m crying my eyes out because it’s a mistake we made and I’m so worried the USCIS will say they can’t change it when we contact them cos it’s our mistake not theirs. I’m absolutely devastated and I feel so stupid. What should we do? Do you think they’ll change it for us? 

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)

NVC Stage:

• March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)

4 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

Guys... I looked at our noa2 and it said we have to fill out an i824 and I was thinking ‘that’s not right it should go to the NVC’.

I looked it up and it turns out my husband (the petitioner) put that I’m in the US because he must’ve got confused for a second and thought they were asking about him and not me (the beneficiary). But I’m in the UK and always have been. I’ve looked it up and it says i824 takes up to 11.5 months to be approved. We can’t wait that long for it to go to NVC. I’m crying my eyes out because it’s a mistake we made and I’m so worried the USCIS will say they can’t change it when we contact them cos it’s our mistake not theirs. I’m absolutely devastated and I feel so stupid. What should we do? Do you think they’ll change it for us? 

I found this online, good luck.

To fix a mistake on a form filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), wait until you get the notice that tells you the agency received it. The notice will have a receipt number or other case identifier that will make it easier for USCIS to find the form you filed. Then you should call the National Customer Service Center, explain the mistake, and request that they fix it.

Sometimes, USCIS Customer Service will be able to fix your problem right away. If they tell you they will fix it but that it might take a while, make sure you write down the reference number they give you, in case you need to call again.

Some mistakes are too serious for Customer Service to help you with. In addition to calling Customer Service, or as an alternative, you can send a letter to the USCIS office that is processing your form, explaining the mistake and how it should be corrected, with a new signed form. (Sometimes your form gets transferred between USCIS offices, so you might want to wait until you know the address of the office that will actually work on it. You can check your case status online or ask Customer Service.)

Spoiler

03/04/2019: Mailed I-130 Form to Phoenix lockbox.

03/06/2019: USCIS receives application/priority date.

03/08/2019: Credit card charge went pending.

03/12/2019: NOA1 Text – routed to SRC.

03/16/2019: NOA1 Physical Mail (Notice date 3/11/2019).

08/15/2019: NOA2 Email and Text.

08/20/2019: NOA2 Physical Mail.

08/30/2019: Case sent to NVC.

09/10/2019: NVC received case.

10/04/2019: Received email case creation and paid AOS & IV fees.

10/09/2019: Uploaded and submitted all documents required to NVC.

10/17/2019: Received email that there was a change on our case. I checked and all documents were approved.

10/18/2019: Received email that we are Documentarily Qualified.

10/24/2019: Received immigrant visa interview appointment via email.

6 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

Why did it say i824? What is the purprose?

3 hours ago, jimfleurieee said:

I found this online, good luck.

To fix a mistake on a form filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), wait until you get the notice that tells you the agency received it. The notice will have a receipt number or other case identifier that will make it easier for USCIS to find the form you filed. Then you should call the National Customer Service Center, explain the mistake, and request that they fix it.

Sometimes, USCIS Customer Service will be able to fix your problem right away. If they tell you they will fix it but that it might take a while, make sure you write down the reference number they give you, in case you need to call again.

Some mistakes are too serious for Customer Service to help you with. In addition to calling Customer Service, or as an alternative, you can send a letter to the USCIS office that is processing your form, explaining the mistake and how it should be corrected, with a new signed form. (Sometimes your form gets transferred between USCIS offices, so you might want to wait until you know the address of the office that will actually work on it. You can check your case status online or ask Customer Service.)

Thank you so much. My husband is going to call them tomorrow so hopefully they change it

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

52 minutes ago, JadenL said:

Why did it say i824? What is the purprose?

The purpose is to request action on a previously approved application or petition. It’s for people who said that their spouse was in the USA and they’d be applying for aos and since then the spouse has left the states. It pretty much tells uscis to send it it to nvc but it takes so long to be approved that we can’t handle another up to 11 months added to our process. I’ve never lived in the USA, my husband filled out the wrong section on the form and put that I was in El Paso cos he thought they were asking about him. So we need to call uscis to explain it to them and hope they change it and send it to nvc without us having to do this form and wait months and months

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
21 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

The purpose is to request action on a previously approved application or petition. It’s for people who said that their spouse was in the USA and they’d be applying for aos and since then the spouse has left the states. It pretty much tells uscis to send it it to nvc but it takes so long to be approved that we can’t handle another up to 11 months added to our process. I’ve never lived in the USA, my husband filled out the wrong section on the form and put that I was in El Paso cos he thought they were asking about him. So we need to call uscis to explain it to them and hope they change it and send it to nvc without us having to do this form and wait months and months

I was told that the option on i130 is not important.

After your i130 is approved, it will automatically be sent to NVC. They will ask if you are doing CP or AOS. I have a friend who made the same mistake, and but hers has not been approved yet (PD Dec 2018) Hope that you can solve this issue without filling out i824. Please keep us posted. Fingers crossed to you! 

2 hours ago, Allison1128 said:

After your i130 is approved, it will automatically be sent to NVC. They will ask if you are doing CP or AOS. I have a friend who made the same mistake, and but hers has not been approved yet (PD Dec 2018) Hope that you can solve this issue without filling out i824. Please keep us posted. Fingers crossed to you! 

Thank you so much. My husband spoke to someone yesterday who said they think it’ll go to nvc but they weren’t sure. But because of what the letter says it seems as if they won’t send it to nvc without this form (attached a pic). He also spoke to someone else who said he needed to speak to a tier 2 officer but none were available at the time. He’s contacted congress again who have been extremely helpful and said they’re going to contact uscis to try and get them to change it. I’m also trying (to no avail yet) to ring nvc and check if they have it. The last thing we want is for our application to be stuck in limbo with nothing being done, but we can’t file i824 either because we don’t have up to 11 months to wait for a response. I will let you know the result of whether it matters so you can inform your friend and perhaps they can change theirs before a decision is made if necessary ❤️

F6435A2D-C3B0-47EF-95ED-16BCB4325369.jpeg

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Hi everyone! 👋 

I just recently discovered this wholesome VJ community. People are so nice and supportive here. There's so much helpful information and I feel I am not alone in this.

The waiting period has been really tough on me. Me and my husband have been able to meet only once (for two weeks) during these past 6 months. We miss each other so much and can't wait for this whole process to be over already. I remain hopeful that the evaluation process in Nebraska will speed up, but meanwhile we're just trying to make the best out of it.

I wish you all patience and tough spirit! ❤️

A little about my case:

• NOA1/Receipt Date September 24, 2018
  • Nebraska Office
  • 184 days/6 months of waiting as of today

On 3/26/2019 at 1:27 AM, Allison1128 said:

My husband got in touch with USCIS yesterday and spoke to a Tier 2 officer. The lady he spoke to said she'd send a notice to the service center requesting that they send a new approval letter by the 11th which states that I'm outside the US, and will send the petition to NVC asap.

So I will keep my fingers crossed and my husband will look out for the letter.

Allison - I would definitely tell your friend to contact USCIS. From the letter we originally received, my understanding is that if they think you're in the US and applying for AOS then they will wait for you to either fill out the I485 for AOS or the I824 for action on an approved application or petition. I don't think they ask if you're doing CP or AOS because they will know this already from the I130 (Part 4 61a-61b & 62a-62c, which was the bit my husband filled out incorrectly). They don't send I130 AOS applications to NVC, they just wait to hear from you via the I485 or the I824 which are filed via USCIS lockboxes. Also, if all approved I130s went to NVC then the T2 officer at USCIS would not have needed to contact the service center to request this for us. I may be misinterpreting the letter and the info I've been given, but if your friend incorrectly filled out the section of Part 4 that I mentioned above, I would recommend they contact USCIS to amend it. Better safe than sorry :) 

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Timeline
On 3/28/2019 at 5:12 PM, hannahjsf said:

My husband got in touch with USCIS yesterday and spoke to a Tier 2 officer. The lady he spoke to said she'd send a notice to the service center requesting that they send a new approval letter by the 11th which states that I'm outside the US, and will send the petition to NVC asap.

So I will keep my fingers crossed and my husband will look out for the letter.

Allison - I would definitely tell your friend to contact USCIS. From the letter we originally received, my understanding is that if they think you're in the US and applying for AOS then they will wait for you to either fill out the I485 for AOS or the I824 for action on an approved application or petition. I don't think they ask if you're doing CP or AOS because they will know this already from the I130 (Part 4 61a-61b & 62a-62c, which was the bit my husband filled out incorrectly). They don't send I130 AOS applications to NVC, they just wait to hear from you via the I485 or the I824 which are filed via USCIS lockboxes. Also, if all approved I130s went to NVC then the T2 officer at USCIS would not have needed to contact the service center to request this for us. I may be misinterpreting the letter and the info I've been given, but if your friend incorrectly filled out the section of Part 4 that I mentioned above, I would recommend they contact USCIS to amend it. Better safe than sorry :) 

Oh my! thanks so much for this information! I'll definitely tell my friends to contact uscis. 

Hope this will be solved smoothly and quick. Please keep us posted. Fingers crossed to you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone ,,, 

i want to ask  if here is anyone who applied before k1 visa that was expired or denied by uscis!?? And now is in I-130 process ?? let me know please bcz m so worried if this effects on my spouse case ???thank you 🙏

Timeline
1 hour ago, @ab12 said:

Hello everyone ,,, 

i want to ask  if here is anyone who applied before k1 visa that was expired or denied by uscis!?? And now is in I-130 process ?? let me know please bcz m so worried if this effects on my spouse case ???thank you 🙏

I saw someone who shared not long ago on VJ that their K1 visa was denied a few years ago. And now their I-130 has been approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, @ab12 said:

Hello everyone ,,, 

I did the K1 visa a few years ago. It was approved and my husband had his green card and everything. But it expired since we stayed outside of the country too long. I think depending on the reason of denial or it expiring, it shouldn’t affect your case. Our I-130 was approved this time. 

I-129F Sent : 09-28-2015 via USPS Priority Mail to PO Box in Dallas, TX

I-129F Delivered : 10-01-2015

I-129F NOA1 :10-13-2015

I-129F NOA2 : 11-04-2015

NVC Received : 11-17-2015

Packet 3 Received : 12-04-2015

Interview Date : March 3rd, 2016

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : March 14th, 2016

US Entry : March 16th, 2016

Marriage : May 25th, 2016

Daughter born: May 13th, 2016

Now on I-130. A new adventure begins..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.