DGF

I-130 September 2018 Filers

630 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, ArmyVet said:

I think that your length of marriage may have an impact of the approval timeline. It is much easier to establish a relationship if you have been married for a longer period of time.

This is my second time around going through this process and hope to be approved quickly since they have already approved an i130 for my wife in past and I have been married to her for nearly 10 years. We moved to Colombia while I finished my post graduate schooling and now we are headed back home. This time she has to get her citizenship, so we don't ever have to worry about this again lol

I disagree with this suggestion...I met my husband in December 2014 and married in 2018. So that shows a long steady relationship before the marriage. So therefore, we have been together for 4 years, but only married for 6.5 months. It is all probably very random. 

Edited by GAMAJM

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, GAMAJM said:

I disagree with this suggestion...I met my husband in December 2014 and married in 2018. So that shows a long steady relationship before the marriage. So therefore, we have been together for 4 years, but only married for 6.5 months. It is all probably very random. 

Yes I don’t think that is the case at all. I really think that they are just choosing cases randomly or however it’s located on their desk. I used to work for the government in dc and we would get our case loads assigned based on the  alphabet of last names, in this case it could be the Pd month is assigned to specific officers. Who knows how these cases are assigned for processing but I don’t think it’s by length of marriage. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Gojo said:

Yes I don’t think that is the case at all. I really think that they are just choosing cases randomly or however it’s located on their desk. I used to work for the government in dc and we would get our case loads assigned based on the  alphabet of last names, in this case it could be the Pd month is assigned to specific officers. Who knows how these cases are assigned for processing but I don’t think it’s by length of marriage. 

Yea.. so random that one lucky Sep filer got approval when they are processing Aug cases. I wish I was the lucky one lol 

but it I guess the longer the marriage is, the less they would doubt the truth of the marriage. Say a couple who got married for 10 years definitely have more evidence to prove their marriage like kids, bills, insurance ... etc. I have none of the above lol 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

I said length of marriage, not relationship. You are still a CR1 category even if you met your husband/wife 20 years ago. I am pretty sure a process like this not random, I work for the federal government and know that something like this has a bureaucratic process (just like everything else).

“I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.”

“I AM NOT ACCREDITED TO REPRESENT YOU BEFORE THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE AND THE IMMIGRATION BOARD OF APPEALS.”

Married: 03September2010

Beneficiary Country: Colombia

CR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 21March2011

USCIS Expedited Approved: 21June2011

NOA2: 21June2011

NVC Expedite Approved: 14September2011

Interview: 21October2011

POE: 28October2011

I-90 (Name Change)

NOA1: 03January2012

Biometrics: 07February2012

Approved: 07February2012

ROC (Approved)

NOA1: 28October2013

Interview: 22November2013

Approved: 11March2014

***Moved back to Colombia to finish graduate studies. Wife filed I-407 (Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residence Status) at the tourist visa interview. After finishing graduate school, we decided to move back to the U.S.***

B1/B2 (Approved)

DS-160: 12June2017

Interview: 12July2017

Filed I-407: 12July2017

IR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 09October2018

USCIS Expedite Approved: 05April2019

NOA2: 09April2019

NVC Expedite Approved: 23May2019

Interview: 10June2019

POE: 29June2019

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Remember that USCIS only verifies that you are eligible to file.  They do not look at anything else.  The actual visa is approved by Consular Services at the Embassy.  USCIS only approves the petition.  They do not look at any other information.  They don't care how long you were married.  That isn't what they are assigned to do.  That can certainly impact things at the Embassy but not at USCIS.

This is my second time around too.  My K-1 took 10 months to NOA2.  We filed in June of 2017.  There were November filers approved before we were.  It is what it is.  It is more random than we want to believe.  I am a CR-1 September filer and we got NOA2 in just 4 months (January).  There is no logical reason why.  We just got lucky.  It will happen for all of us.  Relax and focus on your spouse and the love.  The process $uks but we all know that already.

hey , i have question ! 

Could you please tell what was your k1 case result ?? i had also gone through k1 but ours case was expired and we recieved termination letter not denied  letter by uscis .just asking !!

thank you

2 minutes ago, @ab12 said:

hey , i have question ! 

Could you please tell what was your k1 case result ?? i had also gone through k1 but ours case was expired and we recieved termination letter not denied  letter by uscis .just asking !!

thank you

We were denied in AP because of some bad advice.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

We were denied in AP because of some bad advice.  

ohh.... you mean you got notice of deny ??

but we get termination letter bcz they said our case was expired...Is it same thing deny or terninate??

3 minutes ago, @ab12 said:

ohh.... you mean you got notice of deny ??

but we get termination letter bcz they said our case was expired...Is it same thing deny or terninate??

We actually made it through the interview and were congratulated.  They took the passports and said it would be about 10 days before we receive the visas.  A couple days later they returned the passports with the letter of refusal.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
12 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We actually made it through the interview and were congratulated.  They took the passports and said it would be about 10 days before we receive the visas.  A couple days later they returned the passports with the letter of refusal.

does it impacted on your spouse case ?? 

does they asked any questions regarding k1 visa on interview ?? im so worried bcz idk if they send any rfe to us??? Did you guys send a refusal letter with your cr1 file or not ??or did they ask you to send ??

i also went through interview but bcz of few missing documents our time passes and consulate send back our case to uscis and uscis terminate it that it has expired now , reaply it.

Edited by @ab12

Timeline
13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I take it that you’re talking about the first time you applied, not this time, right?  Did they ever give you a reason for denial?  

5 minutes ago, Gojo said:

I take it that you’re talking about the first time you applied, not this time, right?  Did they ever give you a reason for denial?  

Yes, this was the K-1 in April of 2018.  We were denied because "petitioner failed to disclose information in the petition".  I was arrested 30 years ago.  The charges were dropped before I got to the police station.  There was no court.  I even expunged the arrest.  I was told by RapidVisa that I should answer "no" to question 4a (have you ever been arrested, cited.....).  They said since it never went to court and there was no fine we should just say it never happened.  I was doubtful but I answered "no".  We were all wrong.  Arrests never go out of the FBI Crime Database so if I answered "yes" we would be together right now.

IMG_5168.jpeg

23 minutes ago, @ab12 said:

does it impacted on your spouse case ?? 

does they asked any questions regarding k1 visa on interview ?? im so worried bcz idk if they send any rfe to us??? Did you guys send a refusal letter with your cr1 file or not ??or did they ask you to send ??

i also went through interview but bcz of few missing documents our time passes and consulate send back our case to uscis and uscis terminate it that it has expired now , reaply it.

No impact at all yet.  Maybe that is why we went quicker in USCIS.  My wife already has an A Number.  We didn't do anything on the I-130 but mention that there was a previous petition.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Yes, this was the K-1 in April of 2018.  We were denied because "petitioner failed to disclose information in the petition".  I was arrested 30 years ago.  The charges were dropped before I got to the police station.  There was no court.  I even expunged the arrest.  I was told by RapidVisa that I should answer "no" to question 4a (have you ever been arrested, cited.....).  They said since it never went to court and there was no fine we should just say it never happened.  I was doubtful but I answered "no".  We were all wrong.  Arrests never go out of the FBI Crime Database so if I answered "yes" we would be together right now.

Does it ask questions about arrests on i 130?  I don’t recall. 

11 minutes ago, Gojo said:

Does it ask questions about arrests on i 130?  I don’t recall. 

It does ask about previous petitions.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.