DGF

I-130 September 2018 Filers

630 posts in this topic

Why are people talking about filing an I-129f after they file an I-130?  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

24 minutes ago, DGF said:

Maybe all the shelves where the cases are kept fell down and everything went everywhere and they've been cleaning and re-sorting for the past 2 months and that's why they've slowed down and sent so many RFEs 😂

Lmao right? Cuz clearly SOMETHING happened which caused a month+ of inactivity at TSC.

As for the RFEs I guess if they do start working on one and it doesn’t require a RFE the status would just stay “received” until approved while RFE case gets an update in the system. 

Yes im obssessed with uscis at this point for anyone wondering🤣

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
43 minutes ago, DGF said:

Maybe all the shelves where the cases are kept fell down and everything went everywhere and they've been cleaning and re-sorting for the past 2 months and that's why they've slowed down and sent so many RFEs 😂

Yes I think so too. The shelves that had alllll the pile up of i130 cases since July....so terrible 😩 

32 minutes ago, amapru said:

I think they mean the K3 visa which uses the same form as K1. It was done in past but now K3 is obsolete as they nearly take same time as i130. 

There were only 5 K-3 visas issued last year.  There is no benefit to them since the I-130 gets adjudicated quickly enough that all they are doing is spending extra money.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Why would you file a fiancee petition AFTER filing a spousal petition?  I'm confused.  If you are married you are not eligible to file the I-129f which really doesn't matter since it has nothing to do with your spousal petition.

After filing the i130 YOU CAN file for i129f for free as long as you send the first notification that that was sent to you from i130. That i129f is not just for k1 visa meaning fiance it’s also for k3 meaning spouse visa. It’s supposedly faster than the i130 processing times but it has slowed down to same processing as to i130. And also for k3 visas it’s more expenses than just i130 which is straight to green card.

10 minutes ago, JadenL said:

After filing the i130 YOU CAN file for i129f for free as long as you send the first notification that that was sent to you from i130. That i129f is not just for k1 visa meaning fiance it’s also for k3 meaning spouse visa. It’s supposedly faster than the i130 processing times but it has slowed down to same processing as to i130. And also for k3 visas it’s more expenses than just i130 which is straight to green card.

Yes, the costs come later for AOS. That is why there are so few. There is no advantage but many disadvantages. I read there were only 5 K-3s issued last year and 160,000 CR-1s. That doesn’t seem worth the stress. One petition is enough!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
7 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Why are people talking about filing an I-129f after they file an I-130?  

I was wondering the same thing to myself but decided I better not comment cause it just didn’t make any sense. You file spousal visa then fiancé visa🤔...I just decided to leave that topic alone. 

2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Yes, the costs come later for AOS. That is why there are so few. There is no advantage but many disadvantages. I read there were only 5 K-3s issued last year and 160,000 CR-1s. That doesn’t seem worth the stress. One petition is enough!

Yup so it’s better to kust file i130 for less than filing both since it’s the same processing times. But it used to be faster for i129f but that’s like 2015 or 2016. Well hopefully our i130 from texas service center will be approve soon🙏🙏🙏🙏 let’s keep praying 

So my husband wrote to his congressman to ask them to help because he’s very impatient. Our PD is 14th Sept. They must have contacted USCIS on his behalf because they emailed him the response they got. Fingers crossed CEC3BA03-D843-4F4F-BF10-4C59476C8C4F.thumb.jpeg.04e40fb8a1f64576bfe72a81721f395b.jpeg🤞🏻 

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

So my husband wrote to his congressman to ask them to help because he’s very impatient. Our PD is 14th Sept. They must have contacted USCIS on his behalf because they emailed him the response they got. Fingers crossed CEC3BA03-D843-4F4F-BF10-4C59476C8C4F.thumb.jpeg.04e40fb8a1f64576bfe72a81721f395b.jpeg🤞🏻 

Awesome! Hopefully they will take care of your case soon. Glad to see members of Congress working for their constituents, it really helps alot.

“I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.”

“I AM NOT ACCREDITED TO REPRESENT YOU BEFORE THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE AND THE IMMIGRATION BOARD OF APPEALS.”

Married: 03September2010

Beneficiary Country: Colombia

CR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 21March2011

USCIS Expedited Approved: 21June2011

NOA2: 21June2011

NVC Expedite Approved: 14September2011

Interview: 21October2011

POE: 28October2011

I-90 (Name Change)

NOA1: 03January2012

Biometrics: 07February2012

Approved: 07February2012

ROC (Approved)

NOA1: 28October2013

Interview: 22November2013

Approved: 11March2014

***Moved back to Colombia to finish graduate studies. Wife filed I-407 (Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residence Status) at the tourist visa interview. After finishing graduate school, we decided to move back to the U.S.***

B1/B2 (Approved)

DS-160: 12June2017

Interview: 12July2017

Filed I-407: 12July2017

IR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 09October2018

USCIS Expedite Approved: 05April2019

NOA2: 09April2019

NVC Expedite Approved: 23May2019

Interview: 10June2019

POE: 29June2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, ArmyVet said:

Awesome! Hopefully they will take care of your case soon. Glad to see members of Congress working for their constituents, it really helps alot.

who is congress man ?? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 3/10/2019 at 11:50 PM, Dan & Jess said:

YAY!!! We received our NOA2 last Friday via mail. No update on USCIS website yet.

(NOA1 Sept. 10th, Texas Service Center)

I think that your length of marriage may have an impact of the approval timeline. It is much easier to establish a relationship if you have been married for a longer period of time.

This is my second time around going through this process and hope to be approved quickly since they have already approved an i130 for my wife in past and I have been married to her for nearly 10 years. We moved to Colombia while I finished my post graduate schooling and now we are headed back home. This time she has to get her citizenship, so we don't ever have to worry about this again lol

Edited by ArmyVet

“I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.”

“I AM NOT ACCREDITED TO REPRESENT YOU BEFORE THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE AND THE IMMIGRATION BOARD OF APPEALS.”

Married: 03September2010

Beneficiary Country: Colombia

CR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 21March2011

USCIS Expedited Approved: 21June2011

NOA2: 21June2011

NVC Expedite Approved: 14September2011

Interview: 21October2011

POE: 28October2011

I-90 (Name Change)

NOA1: 03January2012

Biometrics: 07February2012

Approved: 07February2012

ROC (Approved)

NOA1: 28October2013

Interview: 22November2013

Approved: 11March2014

***Moved back to Colombia to finish graduate studies. Wife filed I-407 (Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residence Status) at the tourist visa interview. After finishing graduate school, we decided to move back to the U.S.***

B1/B2 (Approved)

DS-160: 12June2017

Interview: 12July2017

Filed I-407: 12July2017

IR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 09October2018

USCIS Expedite Approved: 05April2019

NOA2: 09April2019

NVC Expedite Approved: 23May2019

Interview: 10June2019

POE: 29June2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.