DGF

I-130 September 2018 Filers

630 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Dan & Jess said:

No, we did the regular route. Malaysia no longer allowed DCF. We didn't expedite the case either.

But we been married for 13 years, and we did filed I129F after I130. I am not sure that will make any difference. No news on the I129F tho.

I see, at least this gives us hope that TSC is somehow doing something... Hopefully we all get an approval soon :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Dan & Jess said:

No, we did the regular route. Malaysia no longer allowed DCF. We didn't expedite the case either.

But we been married for 13 years, and we did filed I129F after I130. I am not sure that will make any difference. No news on the I129F tho.

Thanks for the reply. There are some ppl having the same question in the facebook group. Good to know it is a regular case. I think there might be some Aug approvals recently but the website just never updated.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Allison1128 said:

Can you please tell me what the DCF timeline looks like? I can't tell the differences. They all look the same to me. 

There's very little difference. From what I can see, it says "USCIS DCF I-130 Petition" instead of "USCIS I-130 Petition" in the checklist steps at the top.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
1 hour ago, DGF said:

There's very little difference. From what I can see, it says "USCIS DCF I-130 Petition" instead of "USCIS I-130 Petition" in the checklist steps at the top.

Oh I see! Thank you! 

1 hour ago, amapru said:

For anyone interested in TSC...there were a bunchhhhh of RFE that went out today...at least it’s something. All of them say ‘Request for Initial evicence’ which I suppose would be something you should’ve submitted with your forms. Slow but there’s activity for sure. 

oh.. really? where did you see this ? from the case tracker app? thank you! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JadenL said:

Did anybody just filed the i130 instead of doing both i130 before i129f?

Me. I don't thinik i129 does anything.

The Sep filer who got approved on i130 said their i129 hasn't been approved yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 1:50 PM, Dan & Jess said:

YAY!!! We received our NOA2 last Friday via mail. No update on USCIS website yet.

(NOA1 Sept. 10th, Texas Service Center)

whaaaat?! congrats! you have the same pd day as mine! and we are also at texas service center. thanks for the great news. hope we will receive it soon too! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
11 hours ago, amapru said:

For anyone interested in TSC...there were a bunchhhhh of RFE that went out today...at least it’s something. All of them say ‘Request for Initial evicence’ which I suppose would be something you should’ve submitted with your forms. Slow but there’s activity for sure. 

Thanks for the info. Do you know the dates for Pd on those?  At least they are moving. 

11 hours ago, Allison1128 said:

Oh I see! Thank you! 

oh.. really? where did you see this ? from the case tracker app? thank you! 

1 hour ago, Gojo said:

Thanks for the info. Do you know the dates for Pd on those?  At least they are moving. 

Yes the case tracker app. 

And lol I knew I was missing some info. Dates were towards very end of July and beginning of August. No activity (at least per official uscis case updates) beyond August 6th. 

13 hours ago, Allison1128 said:

Me. I don't thinik i129 does anything.

The Sep filer who got approved on i130 said their i129 hasn't been approved yet.

Yeah same I only filed i130 besides i129f if it’s approved you have to file again for adjustment status then file green card which would cost more than filing i130

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, amapru said:

Maybe all the shelves where the cases are kept fell down and everything went everywhere and they've been cleaning and re-sorting for the past 2 months and that's why they've slowed down and sent so many RFEs 😂

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

15 hours ago, JadenL said:

Did anybody just filed the i130 instead of doing both i130 before i129f?

Why would you file a fiancee petition AFTER filing a spousal petition?  I'm confused.  If you are married you are not eligible to file the I-129f which really doesn't matter since it has nothing to do with your spousal petition.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

K-1 vs CR-1 Full Analysis

K-1

More expensive than CR-1    

Requires Adjustment of Status after marriage (expensive and requires a lot of paperwork)    

Spouse can not leave the US until she/he receives approved Advance Parole (about 5-6 months)    

Spouse can not work until she/he receives EAD (about 5-6 months)    

Some people have had problems with driver licenses, Social Security cards, leases, bank account during this period    

Spouse will not receive Green Card for 10 to 12 months after Adjustment of Status is filed.

Estimated timeline is approximately 8 to 10 months (NOA1 to Interview)  This is officially quoted as 6 to 12 months.

K-1 Fees

$535 - USCIS Filing Fee

$265 per person - DS-160 (Visa Application)

$200 to $400 - Medical Fee

$1,225 per person - AOS Fee (Includes EAD/AP if filed together)

$750 per child under 14

$680 per person - ROC Fee

$640 per person Naturalization Fee (waived if child arrives with parent or gets GC within 90 days of parent

$85 per person Biometric Fee for Naturalization if over 14 years old

$3,430 plus medical (K-1)

$2,895 plus medical (K-2 over 14 years old)

$1,400 plus medical (K-2 14 years old and younger)

CR-1    

Less expensive than K-1    

No Adjustment of Status  (I-485, I-131, I-765) required.    

Spouse can immediately travel outside the US    

Spouse is authorized to work immediately upon arrival.    

Spouse receives Social Security Card and Green Card within 2 or 3 weeks after entering the US    

Opening a bank account, getting a driver's license, etc. are very easily accomplished with GC, SS card, and passport.

Spouse has Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) status IMMEDIATELY upon entry to the United States

Estimated timeline is 10 to 12 months (NOA1 to Interview) This is officially quoted at 12 to 14 months.

CR-1 Fees

$535 - USCIS Filing Fee

$120 - Affidavit of Support Fee

$325 - DS-260 (Visa Application)

$200 to $400 - Medical Fee

$220 - USCIS Immigrant Fee

$680 - ROC (if married less than 2 years at POE)

$640 per person Naturalization Fee

$85 per person Biometric Fee for Naturalization

$2,605 plus medical (per person if married less than 2 years at POE)

$1,925 plus medical (per person if married more than 2 years when filing)

A K-1 is more likely to be ultimately denied than a CR-1.

A refused K-1 with the petition being sent back will sit and die.

A refused CR-1/IR-1 with the petition being sent back can be reaffirmed and not refused again for the same reason if based upon the same evidence.

If concerned about the CO's evaluation of the relationship, then a spousal visa would be an optimal path.

Also, certain crimes can be an issue with an I-129F, but only very few crimes are an issue for an I-130 (e.g. AWA).

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.