saladboye

F2A to IR-1 Upgrade Timeline Thread

595 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, saladboye said:

I have mostly unsubscribed to this thread but figured I update, I have received my IL

Oh that’s great! Congratulations 

so current timeline for interview in mumbai is 4 months.. I ll be dq next week hopefully..

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, julipc52 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm going to tell you my case, my husband filled out I-130 when he was a permanent resident in August 2018, he became a U.S. citizen on July 25, 2019 and we also sent a letter for the update to USCI and NVC, we also filled out the Form 485 with the employment authorization and early parole on September 9, 2019 and so far we have not received any documents or any advances that show that they have already received the documents.

Do you know how long it will be?

When will the UCIS send me the documents received for i-485?

Please, if any of you know, answer this message.

Thank you

Hi! I have very similar situation..

My PD is 10.15.2018 - i 130

Then wife became USC 07.12.2019

filed and upgrade and i 485 at the same day 08.25.2019

all fingerprints was completed and applied to your case 09.25.2019

i 130 Transferred to another USCIS office, now jurisdiction over my case (lee summit NBC)  11.18.2019

No response or email from upgrade or anything else!

Did you got your interview ? Any ideas? can you share please your latest experience..

Edited by Khalid Novruzov

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 2/8/2020 at 12:38 PM, Bamo said:

After submitting I-130 application since August 2018, got USCIS approval in August 2019 and NVC documentarily approved Dec 2019 now just awaiting Interview letter only for this administration to place an indefinite ban on all immigrant visa types. 

This week has just been really difficult because no one knows what will happen and how fast it will.

I will happen, keep after it, do it and it will sooner or later work out. It is such a long wait for sure. We are still working on ours too. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Khalid Novruzov said:

Hi! I have very similar situation..

My PD is 10.15.2018 - i 130

Then wife became USC 07.12.2019

filed and upgrade and i 485 at the same day 08.25.2019

all fingerprints was completed and applied to your case 09.25.2019

i 130 Transferred to another USCIS office, now jurisdiction over my case (lee summit NBC)  11.18.2019

No response or email from upgrade or anything else!

Did you got your interview ? Any ideas? can you share please your latest experience..

Call them and ask what to do. If they say nothing keep researching it until you find the answer for your case. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, Rsmee said:

Finally got an IL,

NVC Frist submission : Dec 4

Second submission: Feb 3

DQ:Feb 11

IL:Feb 19

Interview date: March 23

You are one of few that get there fast. What is your secret? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
3 hours ago, April M said:

You are one of few that get there fast. What is your secret? 

Oh, you are wrong here, you know my PD ( Priority date ) is Feb 15 2018, its two years since i file the I130, 

i also upgraded my case to IR1, when i became citizen in April 2019.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Rsmee said:

Oh, you are wrong here, you know my PD ( Priority date ) is Feb 15 2018, its two years since i file the I130, 

Oh...now that makes sense. Good for you that it is progressing then. 

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
On 2/20/2020 at 9:06 AM, Rsmee said:

My PD is October 2017 but NVC is not giving any considerations for PD and making the process as painful as it can be. 

3 hours ago, orange2341 said:

Hey everyone. So my F2A case was upgraded on November 2019 but I didn't receive any upgrade confirmation. My Case History section in my USCIS account is blank. How would I know if my case was upgraded? How does USCIS inform about process of upgrade request?

You could try this:

1. Create account at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do (click "Sign Up")

2. Add your I-130 receipt number to your account

3. If I understand correctly, you should see the service requests in the history 

6 hours ago, PK_ said:

You could try this:

1. Create account at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do (click "Sign Up")

2. Add your I-130 receipt number to your account

3. If I understand correctly, you should see the service requests in the history 

It's blank. Does this mean they never received my request to upgrade?

Screenshot_2020-02-23-14-51-31-1.png

Edited by orange2341

1 hour ago, orange2341 said:

How did you request for the initial upgrade?

I'd recommend calling the USCIS to confirm/re-upgrade. 

800-375-5283 option 1-1-2-2 to get to a human. 

On 2/23/2020 at 1:52 AM, orange2341 said:

I have just upgraded my I-130 petition today via Ask Emma (live chat) on uscis.gov. Here is how the request shows up for my petition.

Screenshot 2020-02-28 11.24.22.png

15 minutes ago, PK_ said:

I have just upgraded my I-130 petition today via Ask Emma (live chat) on uscis.gov. Here is how the request shows up for my petition.

Screenshot 2020-02-28 11.24.22.png

Thank you for the help! What did you type in the chatbar? If I type "upgrade i-130 petition" it sends me to i-130 form information page. As for how my F2A case was upgraded, my father sent in his copy of naturalization certificate to the service center.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.