saladboye

F2A to IR-1 Upgrade Timeline Thread

595 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, stech786 said:

It’s been 3 days. Still says In Process

UHmmmm dude, wait for the 3rd business day in USA to complete.

Also banking hours are weird like 7 AM to 1 PM EST or something like that for same day transfers.

So if you paid after these hours, it doesnt do a pull/push untill the next business day. and wait 3 days from then.

same for NVC, they arent work horses, give EOD for their system to update.

Just assuming based on the timings of the reply.

You arent one of those person that makes a fuss when a refund doesn't show up immediately on your card is it ?

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, stech786 said:

Where do I Submit wife (beneficiary) marriage doc, birth certificate? Is it under Civil doc? Or affidavit support section?

so far I see taxes and 864ez section. I thought I had to submit other docs?

Did your IV Fee and IV Application status change to "Paid" and "Completed", respectively? 

On 11/4/2019 at 1:34 PM, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

Guys Just an Heads up for all approved guys waiting for Welcome letter:

My case was approved on Oct 2 and in letter it says u will hear from NVC in 30 which is passed today. I also know it takes NVC 6 weeks to get the approved petition and 3 weeks after the receive date to send Welcome later. 

I called NVC as per 30 days notice on letter and they told wait 6 weeks from day USCIS has sent us the application and suggested to reach out to USCIS to know the date they sent the approved petition.

I called USCIS and asked them when my case was sent to NVC so i can track and call them back.

To my biggest surprise USCIS tells me that they haven't sent my case to NVC and is sitting with them and it will take up to 90 days before they send to NVC (which is no where listed on the online site). After sending to NVC then 6 weeks to get to NVC and then 3 weeks to get welcome letter and then upon Documented qualified from NVC they sent to consulate and there is 5 months delay for interview.(Mumbai Consulate - India).

So please ahead in game and call USCIS to see your case is sent and you have the status changes to sent to Department of State.

I opened an inquiry today asking them where is it listed stating it says 90 days vs in approval letter it says I will hear from NVC in 30 days and need clarification and proof of same showing online.

Quick Update:

Called NVC and they received my case on Nov 7:

Time line is as follow:

USCIS Approved : Oct 2
NVC received : Nov 7 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

Quick Update:

Called NVC and they received my case on Nov 7:

Time line is as follow:

USCIS Approved : Oct 2
NVC received : Nov 7 

That's good man, my case was approved on 9th.  then they should receive  in this week? 

How long it takes to create the case number after that and to send the welcome letter?

On 11/7/2019 at 5:49 AM, saladboye said:

UHmmmm dude, wait for the 3rd business day in USA to complete.

Also banking hours are weird like 7 AM to 1 PM EST or something like that for same day transfers.

So if you paid after these hours, it doesnt do a pull/push untill the next business day. and wait 3 days from then.

same for NVC, they arent work horses, give EOD for their system to update.

Just assuming based on the timings of the reply.

You arent one of those person that makes a fuss when a refund doesn't show up immediately on your card is it ?

@saladboye - Whats your status on the file - did you get DQ from NVC ? What's the wait time from DQ to interview for Mumbai Consulate - india ?

Timeline
Just now, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

@saladboye - Whats your status on the file - did you get DQ from NVC ? What's the wait time from DQ to interview for Mumbai Consulate - india ?

Waiting for DQ.

As for DQ to interview:

1. They are inching towards faster interview dates. But with upcoming holidays I doubt it will have any meaningful impact
  2. The group noticed F2A interview stalling and IR picking up for now. So lets see

2 minutes ago, saladboye said:

Waiting for DQ.

As for DQ to interview:

1. They are inching towards faster interview dates. But with upcoming holidays I doubt it will have any meaningful impact
  2. The group noticed F2A interview stalling and IR picking up for now. So lets see

When did u submit the application ? Did they send it back for some updates  or reuploads ?

Please share what all documents are needed and if any tips you can suggest when submitting the documents.

Thanks

yogesh

Timeline
1 minute ago, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

When did u submit the application ? Did they send it back for some updates  or reuploads ?

I submitted all on Oct 9. But then I also decided to upload addition docs on OCT 11. 

They haven't even reviewed it yet so waiting.

2 minutes ago, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

Please share what all documents are needed and if any tips you can suggest when submitting the documents.

This will depend on your situation. Since I am only sponsoring 1 person based on my income I use 864EZ. Which needs Transcript (if taxes filed as single) or Transcript and W2 (If taxes filed as MFJ)

Tips:

1. Use underscore instead of space.
  2. Do not upload anything in wrong orientation.
  3. Mention the Case no and Name on the passport scan
  4. Follow a naming convention and stick to it.
    1. ApplicantName_MarraigeCert_<YYYY-MM-DD>.pdf (date when it was scanned)
    2. ApplicantName_PoliceClearanceCertificate_<YYYY-MM-DD>.pdf (Date when it was issued) etc
    3. SponsorName_I864-<YYYY-MM-DD>.pdf (Date when it was signed)
    4. SponsorName_Transcript-<TaxYear-in-YYYY>.pdf
    5. SponsorName_W2-<TaxYear-in-YYYY>.pdf etc
      1. If you have multiple, Insert Employer name if you want.
  5. As for the 864, I printed out the signature page, signed it and scanned it back in using PDF editor (I have a paid one for MAC or you can subscribe to adobe for a month).
  6. if PDF are not getting lowed than 2 MB, use save for web or optimize on 864 to get rid of form fill and flatten the doc.

3 hours ago, saladboye said:

I submitted all on Oct 9. But then I also decided to upload addition docs on OCT 11. 

They haven't even reviewed it yet so waiting.

This will depend on your situation. Since I am only sponsoring 1 person based on my income I use 864EZ. Which needs Transcript (if taxes filed as single) or Transcript and W2 (If taxes filed as MFJ)

Tips:

1. Use underscore instead of space.
  2. Do not upload anything in wrong orientation.
  3. Mention the Case no and Name on the passport scan
  4. Follow a naming convention and stick to it.
    1. ApplicantName_MarraigeCert_<YYYY-MM-DD>.pdf (date when it was scanned)
    2. ApplicantName_PoliceClearanceCertificate_<YYYY-MM-DD>.pdf (Date when it was issued) etc
    3. SponsorName_I864-<YYYY-MM-DD>.pdf (Date when it was signed)
    4. SponsorName_Transcript-<TaxYear-in-YYYY>.pdf
    5. SponsorName_W2-<TaxYear-in-YYYY>.pdf etc
      1. If you have multiple, Insert Employer name if you want.
  5. As for the 864, I printed out the signature page, signed it and scanned it back in using PDF editor (I have a paid one for MAC or you can subscribe to adobe for a month).
  6. if PDF are not getting lowed than 2 MB, use save for web or optimize on 864 to get rid of form fill and flatten the doc.

Thanks for including detail tips.

I just saw something wierd online in a group - please see attached

Screenshot_20191113-132246.jpg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI GUYS!!

I send my RFE last month and USCIS received it on Oct 22, 2019. No news since then so I made an inquiry last week. Today, it was assigned to an officer and sent me a email that it is being adjudicated and I will receive a notice of action shortly.

Is it mean they are actively receiving my case? and I will receive a letter this week or next week?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
11 hours ago, BerhaeLee said:

HI GUYS!!

I send my RFE last month and USCIS received it on Oct 22, 2019. No news since then so I made an inquiry last week. Today, it was assigned to an officer and sent me a email that it is being adjudicated and I will receive a notice of action shortly.

Is it mean they are actively receiving my case? and I will receive a letter this week or next week?

Thanks!

Did not they say approved? when i had RFE, it took just a week to get approve also it was approved almost an hour before i called them on the 7th day.  I did not receive any email though, check your online account frequently and see if there are any updates, they do updates in a day or two when it approved. To get letter, it will take at least week to 10 days.  Hope this helps. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.