saladboye

F2A to IR-1 Upgrade Timeline Thread

595 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

@saladboye and @carlislepike - Did you ask NVC when they received your file ? Based on that day u can check the status online. Use the below link and the date NVC received your file has to be after that date mentioned.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

The update it every Monday

10 hours ago, stech786 said:

I dont think it’s correct. 

It is 

9 hours ago, stech786 said:

Any luck?

yes,

I've told on the phone that they got my case on 2nd of October and it will likely be updates on next Monday

but today I've got welcome email from NVC along with my case and invoice number.

Timeline
1 minute ago, carlislepike said:

yes,

I've told on the phone that they got my case on 2nd of October and it will likely be updates on next Monday

but today I've got welcome email from NVC along with my case and invoice number.

You just made @stech786 loose his damn mind

24 minutes ago, stech786 said:

It’s not correct. I’m in 7.5 week since approval date. No update from NVC

I know it sucks, did you call them and at-least inquire they at least have receipt of approved petition ?

12 minutes ago, saladboye said:

I know it sucks, did you call them and at-least inquire they at least have receipt of approved petition ?

no need, I am sure he'll get something on Monday

2 hours ago, saladboye said:

@stech786 - True - U just keep calling them , I am into 20 days after my approval and I called them to stay on top of it. I have seen things like when u call then after 6 weeks they say yes they got file and they say we got it today only so always keep calling them. 

Its 100% true that once they say the date they got it , u get welcome letter timely based on the timeline showing online which is 3 weeks from receive date.

Bro its your time to call them and get an update else it will be delayed furture. Best time is 7 am PST.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, julipc52 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm going to tell you my case, my husband filled out I-130 when he was a permanent resident in August 2018, he became a U.S. citizen on July 25, 2019 and we also sent a letter for the update to USCI and NVC, we also filled out the Form 485 with the employment authorization and early parole on September 9, 2019 and so far we have not received any documents or any advances that show that they have already received the documents.

Do you know how long it will be?

When will the UCIS send me the documents received for i-485?

Please, if any of you know, answer this message.

Thank you

Hello Everyone,

I am already in the USA so when my husband became a US citizen I filled the rest of my forms (i485, i131, and employment authorization)

to update my case.

USCIS received my case: 10-7-19

I got the letters inform it: 10-15-19

I got the letters for my appointment for the biometrics: 10-25-19

Interview for my biometrics: 11-8-19

My receipt number begin with MSC.

Anyone knows the timeline for the forms?

Thanks 

Guys Just an Heads up for all approved guys waiting for Welcome letter:

My case was approved on Oct 2 and in letter it says u will hear from NVC in 30 which is passed today. I also know it takes NVC 6 weeks to get the approved petition and 3 weeks after the receive date to send Welcome later. 

I called NVC as per 30 days notice on letter and they told wait 6 weeks from day USCIS has sent us the application and suggested to reach out to USCIS to know the date they sent the approved petition.

I called USCIS and asked them when my case was sent to NVC so i can track and call them back.

To my biggest surprise USCIS tells me that they haven't sent my case to NVC and is sitting with them and it will take up to 90 days before they send to NVC (which is no where listed on the online site). After sending to NVC then 6 weeks to get to NVC and then 3 weeks to get welcome letter and then upon Documented qualified from NVC they sent to consulate and there is 5 months delay for interview.(Mumbai Consulate - India).

So please ahead in game and call USCIS to see your case is sent and you have the status changes to sent to Department of State.

I opened an inquiry today asking them where is it listed stating it says 90 days vs in approval letter it says I will hear from NVC in 30 days and need clarification and proof of same showing online.

Not really @saladboye

Just trying to understand the wait time. 

@YoGeSh PaTeL thanks for the motivation. Good news, I just got my NVC welcome

email. How long does it take for payments to be cleared? I made the IVE fee. It only has the bank method. My assumption that it will be 4 days for payments to be cleared

Timeline
5 hours ago, stech786 said:

Not really @saladboye

Just trying to understand the wait time. 

@YoGeSh PaTeL thanks for the motivation. Good news, I just got my NVC welcome

email. How long does it take for payments to be cleared? I made the IVE fee. It only has the bank method. My assumption that it will be 4 days for payments to be cleared

debit should be done the next day

CEAC should update within the next two days to allow you to submit/fill forms

Wow, so you got it exactly at 8 weeks mark!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 11/4/2019 at 2:34 PM, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

Guys Just an Heads up for all approved guys waiting for Welcome letter:

My case was approved on Oct 2 and in letter it says u will hear from NVC in 30 which is passed today. I also know it takes NVC 6 weeks to get the approved petition and 3 weeks after the receive date to send Welcome later. 

I called NVC as per 30 days notice on letter and they told wait 6 weeks from day USCIS has sent us the application and suggested to reach out to USCIS to know the date they sent the approved petition.

I called USCIS and asked them when my case was sent to NVC so i can track and call them back.

To my biggest surprise USCIS tells me that they haven't sent my case to NVC and is sitting with them and it will take up to 90 days before they send to NVC (which is no where listed on the online site). After sending to NVC then 6 weeks to get to NVC and then 3 weeks to get welcome letter and then upon Documented qualified from NVC they sent to consulate and there is 5 months delay for interview.(Mumbai Consulate - India).

So please ahead in game and call USCIS to see your case is sent and you have the status changes to sent to Department of State.

I opened an inquiry today asking them where is it listed stating it says 90 days vs in approval letter it says I will hear from NVC in 30 days and need clarification and proof of same showing online.

Oh ! Sorry to hear that.  Its hard to understand why they do like that for some cases. I called the USCIS today after reading your post and they said that they do not have any update on the status either its already send or still there. My online account does not have any update either, it still says the case was approved on 10th Oct.  I know few people whose case reached to NVC  within two weeks of approval.  I will call NVC tomorrow to see if they have received it. Their timeline today says they are working on the files that they have received on 4th Nov. That means when they received the files from usicis not the approved date .

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

1 hour ago, raysmee said:

Oh ! Sorry to hear that.  Its hard to understand why they do like that for some cases. I called the USCIS today after reading your post and they said that they do not have any update on the status either its already send or still there. My online account does not have any update either, it still says the case was approved on 10th Oct.  I know few people whose case reached to NVC  within two weeks of approval.  I will call NVC tomorrow to see if they have received it. Their timeline today says they are working on the files that they have received on 4th Nov. That means when they received the files from usicis not the approved date .

I had the same experience.  It took almost 10 weeks for my case to reach NVC. If NVC does not receive your case within 6 weeks from the approval date, I would suggest emailing NVCResearch and ask for their assistance. 

Also, the NVC timeline says that as of November 4th they are working on cases received on October 11th.

Edited by Alexus_f

13 hours ago, raysmee said:

If your case was approved on Oct 10 then I highly doubt NVC would have got your case and they would tell you to call after 6 weeks. I got same answer from NVC

I called USCIS again today and spoke to Tier 2 she told that since day of approval give them 90 days and we must hear from NVC if not then call USCIS , she was very nice to tell me that its 30 days as of now and wait 30 days to hear something, if you dont hear anything then wait another 30 days to be total of 90 days and then call them back . ( Back in my mind - Are you teaching me how to count 90 days and can you please stop your BS here). 

Also I raised an inquiry like I said to show me the evidence where is it listed that it takes 90 days for USCIS to send it to NVC and response they gave me is my petition is approved on following day and I will next hear from NVC and thats it - They didn't answer what I had asked at all.

The information she gave me is my case is in transit, that means it will be sent soon , they do send all cases when they have enough cases and bundle them and send them to NVC so it really depends when they will send the next load and I believe your case and mine will be in same one. Keep me posted please and hopefully we hear soon.

I will complete my 6 weeks on Nov 12 so I will call NVC on 12th and ask for update to see if they recieved my file or not yet , Once NVC confirms they got file then we need to track that date on NVC site to wait for Welcome letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.