saladboye

F2A to IR-1 Upgrade Timeline Thread

595 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, stech786 said:

I’m out of country phone call wouldn’t work. Should I email? I thought email is for major issues about case. 

Leave it up to them to decide if it is major or not.

Just mail them. 

On 10/24/2019 at 12:41 AM, J()hn said:

I just wanna share our timeline even though we are not done yet. 😃

August 07, 2017 - USCIS Recieve my Petition

August 09, 2017 - I-797C Notice of Action 

March 20, 2019 - US Citizen

March 27, 2019 - Upgrade I-130 Petition to IR1

August 05, 2019 - Approved I-130 USCIS

September 17, 2019 - Request for Expedite          NVC 

September 24, 2019 - Willing to Expedite with  condition

September 24, 2019 - Welcome Letter / Paid                 

Fees 

October 11, 2019 - Submit All Documents /            

NVC need W2 for additional req. 

October 12 - 21, 2019 - NVC maintenance

October 21, 2019 - Send W-2 / Same Day DQ

October 24, 2019 - Interview Letter with Interview         date

November 25, 2019 - Interview Day @ 7:10am 🙏🙏😇

@J()hn - What was the reason for expediting the case at NVC - Can you please share some details on what was reason you used and how did it go with them ?

19 hours ago, saladboye said:

Leave it up to them to decide if it is major or not.

Just mail them. 

How long will it take for them to response? I saw a note on NVC website, that they are responding to emails received in Sept. seems like a month.

my congressman office plan to contact them in Nov 9. I’m thinking to just wait to see what they say

Timeline
7 hours ago, stech786 said:

How long will it take for them to response? I saw a note on NVC website, that they are responding to emails received in Sept. seems like a month.

my congressman office plan to contact them in Nov 9. I’m thinking to just wait to see what they say

It is going to take time, each day you dont send the email is another additional day delay, just send it!

Timeline
20 minutes ago, carlislepike said:

I've tried to call NVC, just an automated message.

Just press 1 and then 2 ASAP on the keyboard, that should add you to queue.

It tends to get that towards the end of the day.

best to call early AM. I use to call them first thing in the morning after waking up. I would still be on hold but only 20 min or so. I would make my tea till then

24 minutes ago, saladboye said:

Just press 1 and then 2 ASAP on the keyboard, that should add you to queue.

It tends to get that towards the end of the day.

best to call early AM. I use to call them first thing in the morning after waking up. I would still be on hold but only 20 min or so. I would make my tea till then

Thank you saladboye

‭I am calling 603-334-0700‬, is that right?

Timeline
48 minutes ago, carlislepike said:

Thank you saladboye

‭I am calling 603-334-0700‬, is that right?

Yup that is the right number.

21 hours ago, carlislepike said:

I've tried to call NVC, just an automated message.

@saladboye and @carlislepike - Did you ask NVC when they received your file ? Based on that day u can check the status online. Use the below link and the date NVC received your file has to be after that date mentioned.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

The update it every Monday

8 hours ago, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

@saladboye and @carlislepike - Did you ask NVC when they received your file ? Based on that day u can check the status online. Use the below link and the date NVC received your file has to be after that date mentioned.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

The update it every Monday

I dont think it’s correct. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.