saladboye

F2A to IR-1 Upgrade Timeline Thread

595 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
57 minutes ago, julipc52 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm going to tell you my case, my husband filled out I-130 when he was a permanent resident in August 2018, he became a U.S. citizen on July 25, 2019 and we also sent a letter for the update to USCI and NVC, we also filled out the Form 485 with the employment authorization and early parole on September 9, 2019 and so far we have not received any documents or any advances that show that they have already received the documents.

Do you know how long it will be?

When will the UCIS send me the documents received for i-485?

Please, if any of you know, answer this message.

Thank you

Read through the thread you will get some answers.

Basically: either call or chat and see if it was actually upgraded. 

You can also login into the old myUSCIS login and see if a SR was generated under case history. (again check this thread for details)

he became a U.S. citizen on July 25, 2019 and we also sent a letter for the update to USCI and NVC, we also filled out the Form 485 with the employment authorization and early parole on September 9, 2019

Are you already in the US? the other docs are for Adjustment of Status from either B2 or other.. Check into if your status is legal while you wait too.

Also where did you send them ? you dont send these docs to the center where they have your 1-130, these go to lockboxes.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, stech786 said:

How do you chat with USCIS? Is there chat for NVC?

AskEmma, just keep typing in talk to representative and follow prompts, you should get an agent eventually. look at the previous posts in thread for more info.

NVC does not have a chat. Didn't yours get approved ? you should be done with USCIS now.

3 minutes ago, julipc52 said:

yes I am in the USA. I have trying to call to USCIS but They did not answer. I do not if I have the right number.

Do you have the number?

Use the number in your notice, any USCIS notice, it should be the same or check on google it.

It should be answered, with some automated voice recordings seeking your prompts.

Also if you sent the 485, did you use tracking? check the tracking to see who signed for it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Finally, I-130 Approved  yesterday. However i changed the address a month ago and got confirmation but when i talked to an agent she said it was mailed to my old address.

What kind of information does that letter has, do i need to keep it? what do i have to do now, beside waiting until it reach to NVC

Timeline
14 minutes ago, raysmee said:

Finally, I-130 Approved  yesterday. However i changed the address a month ago and got confirmation but when i talked to an agent she said it was mailed to my old address.

What kind of information does that letter has, do i need to keep it? what do i have to do now, beside waiting until it reach to NVC

Usual boiler plate...

It is approved and sent to nvc etc.... Blah blah...

If you have mail forward setup it should be fine.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everyone.

A month ago, I received our RFE and we are still trying to put everything together and hoping to send out the response this month. From the time they will receive the packet, how soon they will approve our petition? or hear anything back from them?

Thank you!

3 hours ago, BerhaeLee said:

Good day everyone.

A month ago, I received our RFE and we are still trying to put everything together and hoping to send out the response this month. From the time they will receive the packet, how soon they will approve our petition? or hear anything back from them?

Thank you!

We got our approval 10days ,after we sent the RFE.

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
8 hours ago, BerhaeLee said:

Good day everyone.

Thank you!

I sent an RFE on Oct 1st, they received it next day. It was approved on 9th. So it just took a week to approve it. Make sure to send that they asked for nothing less or more. You will be fine. Good Luck !!

Timeline
On 10/17/2019 at 7:28 PM, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

I-130 approved 2 Oct. Waiting on NVC , what's best time and phone number to call NVC . Please advise

+1 603 334 0700

calling early morning would be better I guess..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.