saladboye

F2A to IR-1 Upgrade Timeline Thread

595 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

Hello everybody, here is my case journey till datae :
Service Center CSC

F2A I-130                                                      : 06/13/2018 

Upgraded my case from F2A to CR1: 07/24/2019
Called USCIS as I see June F2A getting approval already and they me need to wait 90 days , then I decided to file K3 visa (I-129F Form) - Its free if you file I-130 as I saw cases approved for IR-1 Faster that way and gave it a try.

Sent forms on Friday, USCIS received it on 10/01/2019 and on 10/02/2019 I see :

I-130 Approved: 10/02/2019
I-129 - No update yet but I think they will deny it,

Thanks

Yogesh

@PK_ 
Sent forms on Friday, USCIS received it on 10/01/2019 and on 10/02/2019 I see :

I-130 Approved: 10/02/2019
I-129 - No update yet but I think they will deny it,

congrats on getting i-130 approved within 3 months after upgrading to CR1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/19/2019 at 8:01 AM, A&U said:

@saladboye @J()hn @Bamo @Alexus_f  guys.. when u plan to file for NVC.. do u need any of the original documents to be here in US like marriage cert, birth cert etc?? or beneficiary is going to need those original in foreign country? and here in US u can just submit scanned copies online??

1. Originals are not needed in USA, they are mostly needed for the interview at embassy by the beneficiary/applicant

2.  Yes you upload scanned copies. Note: There is no such thing as "here in US" its an online form, you can fill and submit from anywhere in the world including Antartica.

Atleast start right away with paying the fees, took me 2 days for it to show "Paid". I already submitted the AoS (I-864EZ , IRS Transcript), just waiting on Police Clearance Certificate and will be done with that too.

PS: it is recommended to take with you (to medical/interview etc) the same passport photo you uploaded to the NVC CEAC.

Timeline
3 hours ago, stech786 said:

quite a big jump on the process. They now passed my approval date. Does anyone know how accurate in this?

Current case creation time frame: As of 7-OCT-2019, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 11-SEP-2019.

Seems about right. Mine reached NVC on sept 4 and I got my welcome letter last week.

Edited by saladboye

6 hours ago, saladboye said:

Seems about right. Mine reached NVC on sept 4 and I got my welcome letter last week.

How did you know your case reached NVC on Sept 4?

Your case was approved on 08/08, received by NVC by Sept 4, welcome email by Oct 1. 

I was guessing that since case was approved 08/08 that it was also sent to NVC same week. But seems like 2 months and I should I have another month. ugh

Edited by stech786

Timeline
1 hour ago, stech786 said:

How did you know your case reached NVC on Sept 4?

I called them every week and found it on 09/08

Your case was approved on 08/08, received by NVC by Sept 4, welcome email by Oct 1. 

I was guessing that since case was approved 08/08 that it was also sent to NVC same week. But seems like 2 months and I should I have another month. ugh

Yes but it could be that it may have sat at NVC for a while, till they were done with the files before you.

My best guess:

1. Physically arrives at NVC within 10 days and just sits there in the incoming room if you wanna call it for more 2-3 weeks
  2. The do the initial scan of your approved I-130. Thinking just registering that they get your form thats it. 
  3. Then after 2-4 weeks they actually look at your file and fill in the relevant data manually into the CEAC system and you get the automated email

@saladboye when you upload all docs to NVC site like marriage certificate, birth certificate etc, do they have to be in PDF or JPG format. I know the size limit is 2MB

Ignore my above message as its changed back to what I shared yesterday. 

PDF is best since some JPG gets rotated differently on different applications. NVC is known to reject docs that are not rotated correctly. So, to avoid the whole rotation ordeal, stick with PDF.

6 minutes ago, PK_ said:

PDF is best since some JPG gets rotated differently on different applications. NVC is known to reject docs that are not rotated correctly. So, to avoid the whole rotation ordeal, stick with PDF.

Good point, but somes documents are too big to fit into scanner, so  I took a pic from iPhone. I did rotate those faceing front so that it’s easy to read as jpg

2 hours ago, stech786 said:

Good point, but somes documents are too big to fit into scanner, so  I took a pic from iPhone. I did rotate those faceing front so that it’s easy to read as jpg

You will want to convert that to PDF as well. Use the "Print to PDF" printer or something similar. It's definitely worth converting than having to wait another month for having to resubmit a document. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, stech786 said:

Use an app called Scanbot, available for both Android and iOS. It is a much better app than cam scanner.

As for adjusting sizes, try download the previous version of Foxit PDF that is given for educational users for free.

Hello everyone,

I'm going to tell you my case, my husband filled out I-130 when he was a permanent resident in August 2018, he became a U.S. citizen on July 25, 2019 and we also sent a letter for the update to USCI and NVC, we also filled out the Form 485 with the employment authorization and early parole on September 9, 2019 and so far we have not received any documents or any advances that show that they have already received the documents.

Do you know how long it will be?

When will the UCIS send me the documents received for i-485?

Please, if any of you know, answer this message.

Thank you

51 minutes ago, julipc52 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm going to tell you my case, my husband filled out I-130 when he was a permanent resident in August 2018, he became a U.S. citizen on July 25, 2019 and we also sent a letter for the update to USCI and NVC, we also filled out the Form 485 with the employment authorization and early parole on September 9, 2019 and so far we have not received any documents or any advances that show that they have already received the documents.

Do you know how long it will be?

When will the UCIS send me the documents received for i-485?

Please, if any of you know, answer this message.

Thank you

You will not hear anything back of your letter sent. It was the old method. Call USCIS and tell them your husband is a US citizen. they will update that right away. it will take two days for them to send you confirmation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.