JODO

Young Muslims in Cairo transform the hijab

189 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Now he's an expert on First Nation's. Please!

Do you have anything that discredits what I said, or are you just barking for attention? And there's no need for a bloody apostrophe in Nations. People who misuse apostrophes should have their fingernails ripped out.

Come and rip mine out. Make sure you leave with your scalp. You bark for attention or else you would not keep comming back.

That's one 'm' in coming. One.

Why are you still dancing around the salient point that you have nothing to discredit my post with? My posts say something. Yours said nothing-no point was made, no refutation made of anything I said...nothing. THAT'S barking for attention. Nice ethnic slur there too, BTW.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Now he's an expert on First Nation's. Please!

Do you have anything that discredits what I said, or are you just barking for attention? And there's no need for a bloody apostrophe in Nations. People who misuse apostrophes should have their fingernails ripped out.

Come and rip mine out. Make sure you leave with your scalp. You bark for attention or else you would not keep comming back.

That's one 'm' in coming. One.

Why are you still dancing around the salient point that you have nothing to discredit my post with? My posts say something. Yours said nothing-no point was made, no refutation made of anything I said...nothing. THAT'S barking for attention. Nice ethnic slur there too, BTW.

I beg for your correcting, oh calamitous hallucination. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Because Islam is nothing like Christianity. And while it's similar to Judaism in terms of obligations, it's still unique in its incrementalism and obligations. One can't look at Islam via Jewish or Christian POV and expect to understand what it is GEG is saying.

aren't you an athiest?

Come back when your question holds some relevance. Or better yet, let me just jump ahead through your vapid question and get to the meat of it all.

The fact I don't personally believe in God (atheist, btw) has nothing to do with my ability to understand a religion via its own POV.

I'm not an illegal immigrant but I can understand why people risk their lives to come here to make some money to feed their families.

I'm not an arab (insert any more conservative than western culture here) but I understand that I can't judge how those parents raise their children based on my American liberal views and how I'd choose to raise my children.

I'm not a descendent of an American slave, but I can understand why there will never be enough mules or 40 acre lots to make up for that evil.

I can see how this might be hard for someone like you to understand, but really, it's how some of us try to understand and live in the world.

B!tch at me all you want but I wanted to gain some understanding of where you are coming from and now I have. Although you may think that as someone who does not believe in God that you understand in the same depth and passion the same way someone who believes and humbles him/her self for the almighty, that is very wrong. You can certainly understand some of the mechanics but the meat of the matter, as you put it, is that for someone like myself, granted not all muslims, these are far from just the abc's of Islam...they are things that I do in order to show my God that I worship Him more than anything else in my life. I believe that every single command that was told to Muhammed, pbuh, was a blessing to us since by following these commands we are promised to be in paradise on the day of reckoning. My soul yearns to see Him and to be able to praise Him in paradise and yearns to feel His love on me. He breathed life into me and put me here for the sole purpose of worshipping Him. If you don't have that in your heart then that is important for me to know as someone who is listening to you on any Islamic matters. Always know the source of any opinion.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
seriously...more like people who are cowards and feel the need to make a new account to make personal attacks should ......

or better yet,maybe the owners of this site should make it so that can't happen. hello captain?!

all of this name calling is so pointless.

Because whinging to a bunch of strangers about my personal life ala abdounjen is so much more dignified. I speak truths that irritate people, but are nevertheless truths. The new accounts are because every time I speak these truths, my account gets blocked because the ostriches whinge for me to be banned. Now who's the bloody coward in all that then?

enjoy your trip to bansville, population: YOU!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
In contrast, wearing headscarves to ATTRACT attention from men is not hijab, it is fashion. Not a thing wrong with modest fashion, imo; I don't believe that black is the only color that modesty can handle. Yet, trying to convince most practicing Muslims that wearing fancy headcovering in public to make you more attractive and draw admiring eyes to you is the same as the hijab many believe God commanded is quite disingenuous. So, simply calling it what is is is not limiting anyone's freedom to dress as they please, it's defining flamboyance in contrast to haya, and that merely amounts to fact. "If it feels good, do it" is not a rationally accepted tenet of the great faith of Islam. Sorry.

So, in the free world, one is allowed go out into the world as JLo or Fatima, your choice. Just don't present flamboyance as hijab because that's not what it is.

I totally agree with you on this BUT...I also think and have read that Allah judges us by our intentions, and, this article aside, if a young muslim girl is trying in her own way to wear the scarf, is not emotionally ready yet to just wear black, yet is wearing it to cover her head to please Allah, yet is also matching it with her very loosely fitting outfit, I don't see anything wrong with that since her intention is to please the Almighty.

I think that if these Egyptian girls are at the point where they have to sacrifice modesty by wearing the flashy sexy type scarves with the intention of attracting men, then the scarf itself is not the problem....the fact that these men are actually attracted to them instead of the more modestly dressed women is.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
So charles, when are you gonna start wearing hijab?

You're already one of the MENA girls right?

:lol:

don't mention that idea to nessa, she's already on me about being out in the yard without any sunscreen :unsure:

WOOF WOOF.

two can play that game ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
is it true, or is it not? is the official VJ stance that every case that is returned by consulates is just a malicious error on the part of the consulate? do consulates and their decisions just have no legitimacy according to VJ posters or what?

No that is not the "official VJ stance" but the very fact that many cases that are rejected by the consulates are fought and eventually approved makes one wonder what's going on at the consulate level. But you wouldn't understand that since you only come to this board to cause trouble. Sure you say you offer much insight but I haven't read one helpful visa-related post come out of you yet.... which is why you are constantly banned. Well that and the fact that you're just outright rude. I would think that someone who professes to have so much intelligence would have better things to do with his time than to constantly make pseudo names on a message board for the sole purpose to mock others.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey guys sorry about "multiple myeloma". They are of course the same member that keeps registering. I will work on it. Use your best judgement as well. Thanks.

Also I am going to read over this thread later to make sure there were not other issues. Please do be more aware and stop the arguing.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.