749 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/22/2018 at 12:04 PM, A_R said:

Greetings to all Indian members for K1.

I thought I'd start the new NOA2 to NVC thread specific to our country.

This way we can share all information and help out each other in the phase post receiving our NOA2.

Please join and ask questions and share your experience.

My fiance   received email from

Nvc on 16-oct-2018 , case status is (Intransit ) . Which states that now Nvc will transfer this petition to us embassy or consulate

mumbai which takes weeks one case is ready they will contact me on the basis of this email can i start my further steps likes appointment 

should i wait to get the letter from local embassy ie mumbai embassy . 

how many days they gonna take to make our case ready ? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jas1305 said:

Nvc on 16-oct-2018 , case status is (Intransit ) . Which states that now Nvc will transfer this petition to us embassy or consulate

mumbai which takes weeks one case is ready they will contact me on the basis of this email can i start my further steps likes appointment 

I have similar thing happened .. I received a mail from NVC on 10/16/18 and the satus of the case is in transit but the packet seems to be delivered on oct 22, 2018 in mumbai based on what was left to mumbai had 3 packets according to the logic sent by one person in other group.. just Checked DHL site for the packets leaving to Mumbai Consulate. It says the packet was picked on 10/17/18 and estimated arrival date is 10/22/18 so we need to check next week but in the mean time u cn fill in DS-160 and get the interview date and apply for other things too, especially PCC

Timeline
4 minutes ago, pknick said:

I have similar thing happened .. I received a mail from NVC on 10/16/18 and the satus of the case is in transit but the packet seems to be delivered on oct 22, 2018 in mumbai based on what was left to mumbai had 3 packets according to the logic sent by one person in other group.. just Checked DHL site for the packets leaving to Mumbai Consulate. It says the packet was picked on 10/17/18 and estimated arrival date is 10/22/18 so we need to check next week but in the mean time u cn fill in DS-160 and get the interview date and apply for other things too, especially PCC

My fiance already received mail shoul i consider that mail as packet 3 bcz as far as i know mumbai consulate gonna send me packet 4 right ? . In august i got my pcc from regional passport office , i was more concern about interview dates thats why i was asking should i start for interview dates or should i wait for final packet ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jas1305 said:

Hi @Jas1305

I am also on the same boat with you. My case also left on Oct 16.

I have already completed my DS-160 , submitted it , paid my fees and booked my appointment for Dec 21. 

You can do all this, currently you will have to wait as right now no appointments are available at the US travel docs website

Generally it takes about 4-5 times from in transit to ready meaning it takes that much time to reach the Consulate.

Technically , after you get your case # you can complete DS-160 form , pay the fees and book your all three appointments ( medical, OFC and Visa Interview) but remember to keep a decent gap.

After your case reaches the Embassy they send you Packet 4 via postal mail n it takes about 10 days n it contains a letter, instructions for doing all the appointments n your original i129f package.

Depending upon where you decide to have medical exam, you might need the letter from Packet 4. Sometimes you can also email us travel docs after your case is ready n they email you the P4 instructions on email which you can use your medical.

Remember to keep a gap of at least 5 days between medical n Visa Interview n 24 hours gap between OFC n Interview. 

Hope that helps you. Ask away if you have more questions.

Best of luck !!!

P.S Here is the link for K1 Packet 4 for Mumbai:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cvd08ORAi3hZbMlwekPEXRgksd0Bqy_9

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jas1305 said:

My fiance already received mail shoul i consider that mail as packet 3 bcz as far as i know mumbai consulate gonna send me packet 4 right ? . In august i got my pcc from regional passport office , i was more concern about interview dates thats why i was asking should i start for interview dates or should i wait for final packet ?

You mean mail from NVC that your case is in transit called the K1-FTP letter ? That is not Packet 3. not every country issued Packet 3 - India does not issue P3. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, pknick said:

@pknick  What did you enter on DHL website as I just tried it n no results came. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, A_R said:

Okay thanks so you received the P4 via India Post normal or speed post or via any courier?

@Lonegirl  Did you receive the Packet 4 via India Post normal or speed post or via any courier?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, A_R said:

You mean mail from NVC that your case is in transit called the K1-FTP letter ? That is not Packet 3. not every country issued Packet 3 - India does not issue P3. 

40 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi @Jas1305

I am also on the same boat with you. My case also left on Oct 16.

I have already completed my DS-160 , submitted it , paid my fees and booked my appointment for Dec 21. 

You can do all this, currently you will have to wait as right now no appointments are available at the US travel docs website

Generally it takes about 4-5 times from in transit to ready meaning it takes that much time to reach the Consulate.

Technically , after you get your case # you can complete DS-160 form , pay the fees and book your all three appointments ( medical, OFC and Visa Interview) but remember to keep a decent gap.

After your case reaches the Embassy they send you Packet 4 via postal mail n it takes about 10 days n it contains a letter, instructions for doing all the appointments n your original i129f package.

Depending upon where you decide to have medical exam, you might need the letter from Packet 4. Sometimes you can also email us travel docs after your case is ready n they email you the P4 instructions on email which you can use your medical.

Remember to keep a gap of at least 5 days between medical n Visa Interview n 24 hours gap between OFC n Interview. 

Hope that helps you. Ask away if you have more questions.

Best of luck !!!

P.S Here is the link for K1 Packet 4 for Mumbai:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cvd08ORAi3hZbMlwekPEXRgksd0Bqy_9

Got it  thats why i was confused bcz i was going through Vj they have mentioned no packet 3 as well thanks for clearing my doubt , ya im gonna keep week gap for medical and 2 days of gap for ofc im gonna do these two in delhi . Even is there any chances i can get early dates for interview as you said for right now dates are not available right ? Ya they need packet 4 for medical with appointment letter 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jas1305 said:

Got it  thats why i was confused bcz i was going through Vj they have mentioned no packet 3 as well thanks for clearing my doubt , ya im gonna keep week gap for medical and 2 days of gap for ofc im gonna do these two in delhi . Even is there any chances i can get early dates for interview as you said for right now dates are not available right ? Ya they need packet 4 for medical with appointment letter 

First K1 appointments are only on Fridays in Mumbai at 7:30 AM not sure whether every Friday or not and appointments open 2 months prior . So for Dec 21 it had opened yesterday around 11 AM n they were booked by EOD.

So now for Dec 28, try form Sunday onwards as it will  be close to 2 months . Try 3-4 times everyday. As for earlier appointments in November even I want that but those will be emergency appointments n generally emergency appts open only 5 days  before, meaning for Friday they will only open on Sunday or if our luck is good n a regular slot opens up n we can book it.

For medical even if you don't have your P4 , you can go with Visa Interview confirmation  but best to go with both if you have time.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, A_R said:

First K1 appointments are only on Fridays in Mumbai at 7:30 AM not sure whether every Friday or not and appointments open 2 months prior . So for Dec 21 it had opened yesterday around 11 AM n they were booked by EOD.

So now for Dec 28, try form Sunday onwards as it will  be close to 2 months . Try 3-4 times everyday. As for earlier appointments in November even I want that but those will be emergency appointments n generally emergency appts open only 5 days  before, meaning for Friday they will only open on Sunday or if our luck is good n a regular slot opens up n we can book it.

For medical even if you don't have your P4 , you can go with Visa Interview confirmation  but best to go with both if you have time.

A big thanks to you ill discuss with my fiance and lets see i hope i will get early dates if its there . Incase if i want p4 by email on which email i have to sent the details and what i have to write ?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jas1305 said:

A big thanks to you ill discuss with my fiance and lets see i hope i will get early dates if its there . Incase if i want p4 by email on which email i have to sent the details and what i have to write ?

You will need to  send the email to ustraveldocs , their email address  is support-india@ustraveldocs.com.

Also available on website. Details check out the website or this link :

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=India&cty=Mumbai

Timeline
18 minutes ago, A_R said:

You will need to  send the email to ustraveldocs , their email address  is support-india@ustraveldocs.com.

Also available on website. Details check out the website or this link :

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=India&cty=Mumbai

Thanks to you but i can write email if my case is ready right ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.