749 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am currently in the process. My fiance (male) is the beneficiary and he lives in India. We had an engagement ceremony in India and sent those pictures along with the package. Also, I am not from India. I am from Colombia, but we met in college as he was a student back then in the USA. I am truly freaked about the interview. Does anyone has any advice for us?

50 minutes ago, Martha R said:

I am currently in the process. My fiance (male) is the beneficiary and he lives in India. We had an engagement ceremony in India and sent those pictures along with the package. Also, I am not from India. I am from Colombia, but we met in college as he was a student back then in the USA. I am truly freaked about the interview. Does anyone has any advice for us?

Are you a USC?  Anecdotally, some have reported that the USCIS part of the process (i.e. background checks) can take longer for naturalized USCs, although I don't know how reliable that is. 

Many will advise against sending "engagement ceremony" photos, as that can easily lead to a denial for being "too married" for the K-1 visa.  There is really no way to know until he has his interview. 

If it is denied for any reason, you can travel to India to marry and file for a CR-1 spousal visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I presume a lot of Indians end up carrying varying amounts of gold when they leave India for the US, so can anyone guide me on how one is to proceed at the airports (both in India & in US) if one has gold bars on them? Is there a limit on how much gold one carry outside of India & into the US? Do we have to pay taxes, either at the Indian or the US airports? Do we only have to declare only if the value is above $10,000 or is it better to declare it irrespective of its market-value? What about gold/diamond ring being carried for the engagement/wedding? Do we have to declare it too or does it also depend on the total value of assets one is carrying through the airports? Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

7 hours ago, K@S said:

I presume a lot of Indians end up carrying varying amounts of gold when they leave India for the US, so can anyone guide me on how one is to proceed at the airports (both in India & in US) if one has gold bars on them? Is there a limit on how much gold one carry outside of India & into the US? Do we have to pay taxes, either at the Indian or the US airports? Do we only have to declare only if the value is above $10,000 or is it better to declare it irrespective of its market-value? What about gold/diamond ring being carried for the engagement/wedding? Do we have to declare it too or does it also depend on the total value of assets one is carrying through the airports? Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would ask these questions to customs related page as I’m not sure how many of us know about taking gold bars to US. But if it’s just everyday wear kind of ornaments you can carry in ur hand bag without much issue. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Friends!!!!

Our visa payment has officially gone through. However, only one date is showing for an interview and that is FEB. 1st (WAY too soon).

I don't have access to the account and I'm not sure what's going on. Can anyone give insight??

What's the next step and/or what dates are still available for Feb. and March???

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Timeline

No joke... I may need idiot proof instructions on how to do this! @Greenbaum I want to get this appointment set up done and over with. 

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

12/05/19 - Interview Day

1 hour ago, Tara & Rohit said:

Friends!!!!

Our visa payment has officially gone through. However, only one date is showing for an interview and that is FEB. 1st (WAY too soon).

I don't have access to the account and I'm not sure what's going on. Can anyone give insight??

What's the next step and/or what dates are still available for Feb. and March???

Can you log in from here & check ? 

Timeline

This is what shows @ujones

50895597_529229614235173_6350215855598469120_n.png

Edited by Tara & Rohit

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

12/05/19 - Interview Day

2 hours ago, Tara & Rohit said:

Friends!!!!

Here is the letter that you will receive from Mumbai Embassy. Read it over carefully and follow the instructions. Another member of VJ added some additional information contained below which outlines what he experienced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xukUjdqnKM7yqrkqfPfl8tCao_BY2XsC/view?usp=sharing
https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB%20IV%20Packet%204%20for%20Ks%20January%202015%20Revision_001.pdf

Once you received your case number from NVC,  I would recommend you fill out DS-160 form and submit. Some say the packet 3 letter is nothing just waste of time same thing they have mention which you easily get from USCIS website when you called to the clinics to book your medical appointment date they will ask you have you received your packet letter or not. Just say yes and booked the appointment date however you will receive that letter within 2 weeks the day you will get your NVC number.

Go on USCIS website make your account with password and then pay your fees to Citibank or Axis bank. They will give you reference number. With that number you can book your biometric and interview appointment date. The fees are 18,500 and for medical but I recommend that you carry 20,000 with you in the event you need more. Be sure to  keep at least 7 days gap between medical and interview.

The website address for Hyderabad is

https://www.migrationmedicine.com/ just in case if someone needs

Here is a topic in another forum where those from the Mumbai Consulate are applying with good information.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/331403-mumbai-consulate-k1-visa-221g-given/

And

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/684938-india-processing-2018-noa2-nvc/?page=1

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

@Greenbaum / @ujones my fiance registered as immigrant on ustraveldocs, made the payment and scheduled interview. is this correct? or does she needs to change to non-immigrant?

2 hours ago, Srinath06 said:

@Greenbaum / @ujones my fiance registered as immigrant on ustraveldocs, made the payment and scheduled interview. is this correct? or does she needs to change to non-immigrant?

It’s immigrant. She did it right. Only under immigrant will u see the k1 option .. when is her interview ? . 

Edited by ujones

19 hours ago, ujones said:

@Greenbaum, how do I get the visa fee payment receipt if it was an online payment ? 

I am not sure as I haven't kept up on the changes since we went through the process. You should have seen a screen that showed the final payment and either printed it then or screen shot the receipt. Maybe others who are more current on this matter can answer.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.