749 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ujones said:

on DS 160 when they ask about travel companion & we answered none as even though I’m planning to be there for the interview but not decided as of now. Please let me know if that wasn’t the right way 

That's one of those questions that is "true" with either answer. It's nothing to be concerned about.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

6 hours ago, Knome said:

I did same way ...thr was no where mentioned tht v need to upload a photo...that will b done at VAC biometric centre

6 hours ago, K1journey_16 said:

Same here, no photo upload option was given, "photo would be taken at ASC" is what was written there.

I learned something new today as I was told by others that theirs's was the same as you are reporting but others say they had to upload a picture. So, I guess it is whatever the embassy wants and it will show once you complete that portion of the DS-160. Thanks everyone for the heads up from your experience.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

On 1/16/2019 at 8:35 PM, Greenbaum said:

He was never denied as you never completed the process so technically it's an abandon application. So answer no and you should be fine.

Just read a new Mumbai consulate review where CR1 visa spouse was asked for a joint sponsor as spouse’s current income is 50K. That’s way above the required limit so why joint sponsor ? 

4 hours ago, ujones said:

Just read a new Mumbai consulate review where CR1 visa spouse was asked for a joint sponsor as spouse’s current income is 50K. That’s way above the required limit so why joint sponsor ? 

What was the family size?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 minute ago, ujones said:

He doesn’t specify that but sounds like he just got married after completing his studies. So I would guess two ( including his spouse )

I think it is "time on the job" issue. He doesn't have an established employment history so the CO wants to insure he has someone to fall back on if ever he runs into employment challenges. It's so different between embassies. The Philippines will approve you without even asking for any financials but if your from India or possibly another country and they demand "blood". JMHO

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 1/9/2019 at 1:46 AM, A_R said:

Hi @K1journey_16  Medical exam depends from place to place. I got mine done in Max Hospital Delhi. IS CMM Hyderabad on the list of approved medical centers on Indiatraveldocs website?? If yes, either you call them everyday n ask for update as it should not take this much time as medical exam is generally easy. If they are backlogged for some reason n can't give you an appointment then, your second choice is to got to Delhi or Mumbai for medical as I know for a fat getting a medical exam date in Delhi is very easy. Let me know hat happens.

Hello @A_R

Finally I got my medical exam scheduled, it's on 24th January, then biometrics on 31st, then interview on 7th February, God willing.

Edited by K1journey_16

6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I think it is "time on the job" issue. He doesn't have an established employment history so the CO wants to insure he has someone to fall back on if ever he runs into employment challenges. It's so different between embassies. The Philippines will approve you without even asking for any financials but if your from India or possibly another country and they demand "blood". JMHO

@Greenbaumdo you think the CO already make the decision on each case even before the interview ? I really wish if they would review the financials too prior to interview so that the person could get additional documents if needed & be prepared for interview 

5 minutes ago, ujones said:

@Greenbaumdo you think the CO already make the decision on each case even before the interview ? I really wish if they would review the financials too prior to interview so that the person could get additional documents if needed & be prepared for interview 

After review of your file and if they feel confident that you meet or exceed the visa requirements then I can say yes their mind is pretty much made up before the interview. They'll ask you a few questions and if are satisfied with your answers and there is no need to "dig" further into your "history" then you're approved. For most your in front of the CO for all of 5 min. 

I really wish if they would review the financials too prior to interview so that the person could get additional documents if needed & be prepared for interview.  They have a system called the 221(g) whereupon you get to correct documents or missing information.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

After review of your file and if they feel confident that you meet or exceed the visa requirements then I can say yes their mind is pretty much made up before the interview. They'll ask you a few questions and if are satisfied with your answers and there is no need to "dig" further into your "history" then you're approved. For most your in front of the CO for all of 5 min. 

I really wish if they would review the financials too prior to interview so that the person could get additional documents if needed & be prepared for interview.  They have a system called the 221(g) whereupon you get to correct documents or missing information.

@Greenbaum, even though my income is way above the required minimum I’m thinking of taking documents showing the equity in my house for his interview, just as an added support. Do you think that helps in anyway ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

The latest edition of form I-134 on USCIS site  has expiry date as 30 Nov 2018.

there is no new form available , can anybody help on this ..what they are doing for this..using same form 1-134 version which have expiry date as 11/30/2018???

Am i missing out new form?please suggest

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 12:38 PM, Greenbaum said:

I learned something new today as I was told by others that theirs's was the same as you are reporting but others say they had to upload a picture. So, I guess it is whatever the embassy wants and it will show once you complete that portion of the DS-160. Thanks everyone for the heads up from your experience.

completed my Bio metric today..thy took my photo graph and fingerprints at ASC centre (again no need to upload Digital pic Thanks! :))

1 hour ago, Knome said:

Hi All,

The latest edition of form I-134 on USCIS site  has expiry date as 30 Nov 2018.

there is no new form available , can anybody help on this ..what they are doing for this..using same form 1-134 version which have expiry date as 11/30/2018???

Am i missing out new form?please suggest

From what I was told, if that’s the only form available it’s fine to use it as the expiry date is not for us but for the administration 

Edited by ujones

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.