749 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, ujones said:

@ns7, I was able to get a quick response via email. Did you get a chance to see the available dates ? Are they into February ?

Yes, email is pretty quick but they keep referencing the same info.  It has been 2 weeks since case was delivered to embassy. 

Feb 21 right now.  It tends to move up/down depending on slots filling up or people canceling earlier appointments.

@ns7 & @ujones

I've read your responses earlier, and I'm in a similar approach or state..

My NVC case was assigned on Dec 21st, and on Jan 10th, 2019 ceas.state.gov case status shows, "Ready" and shows 1/10/19

could you answer below please?

1. I havent contacted mumbai embassy.. but how did you guys reach out? could you please provide info?

2. For medical tests, does my fiance needs any letter officially sent from Mumbai embassy to her? before she can contact medical center for tests? or can she go ahead with the medical without any paperwork coming from Mumbai?

3. Can my fiance start with police certificate and NS-160, fees to go ahead schedule interview? after Feb 21st of today?

thank you

Srinath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Srinath06 said:

@ns7 & @ujones

My NVC case was assigned on Dec 21st, and on Jan 10th, 2019 ceas.state.gov case status shows, "Ready" and shows 1/10/19

1. I havent contacted mumbai embassy.. but how did you guys reach out? could you please provide info?

2. For medical tests, does my fiance needs any letter officially sent from Mumbai embassy to her? before she can contact medical center for tests? or can she go ahead with the medical without any paperwork coming from Mumbai?

3. Can my fiance start with police certificate and NS-160, fees to go ahead schedule interview? after Feb 21st of today?

thank you

Srinath

1. Email them.  I am trying to get a good phone number for them to sort my issues mentioned above.

2. You can give her Interview Appointment letter once you schedule Interview on USTravelDocs. I don't necessarily need Packet 4 from them,, it is just I don't know why they keep saying they don't have physical file yet only electronic.

3. Police Certificate: Yes, get asap

The advice on this forum that I got is: You can fill Ds-160 and schedule appointment once the case is "ready"

6 minutes ago, Srinath06 said:

thank you very much, will get started! @ns7 do you know mumbai email address? which you've reached to?

@Srinath06, this is the email & phone no they send when I tried to contact them before 

E-mail for visa-related inquiries: support-india@ustraveldocs.com

Telephone: Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers:

Just now, ujones said:

@Srinath06, this is the email & phone no they send when I tried to contact them before 

@ns7

Telephone: Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers:

Just now, ujones said:

@Srinath06, where’s is ur fiancé doing medical ? 

@ujones

we were awaiting on next steps.. mostly waiting for Mumbai to send her a packet.. but now thanks to you and @ns7

will get started with NS-160, Police, fees and schedule biometrics/photo and Interview soon..

but for medical, My fiance is in Hyd, so prob hyderabad medical, if thats busy, then have to check Mumbai or Delhi.
my fiance called the medical center at hyd today, but being it holiday.. they will re-open on the 16th

4 minutes ago, Srinath06 said:

@ujones

we were awaiting on next steps.. mostly waiting for Mumbai to send her a packet.. but now thanks to you and @ns7

will get started with NS-160, Police, fees and schedule biometrics/photo and Interview soon..

but for medical, My fiance is in Hyd, so prob hyderabad medical, if thats busy, then have to check Mumbai or Delhi.
my fiance called the medical center at hyd today, but being it holiday.. they will re-open on the 16th

@Srinath06 I was under the impression that once we get the case # we can fill DS160. Also I read on other post that you don’t hve to wait for pkt 3 as it’s something you could just print from site. I could be wrong 

1 hour ago, Srinath06 said:

@ns7 & @ujones

thank you

Srinath

Here is the letter that you will receive from Mumbai Embassy. Read it over carefully and follow the instructions. Another member of VJ added some additional information contained below which outlines what he experienced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xukUjdqnKM7yqrkqfPfl8tCao_BY2XsC/view?usp=sharing
https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB%20IV%20Packet%204%20for%20Ks%20January%202015%20Revision_001.pdf

Once you received your case number from NVC,  I would recommend you fill out DS-160 form and submit. Some say the packet 3 letter is nothing just waste of time same thing they have mention which you easily get from USCIS website when you called to the clinics to book your medical appointment date they will ask you have you received your packet letter or not. Just say yes and booked the appointment date however you will receive that letter within 2 weeks the day you will get your NVC number.

Go on USCIS website make your account with password and then pay your fees to Citibank or Axis bank. They will give you reference number. With that number you can book your biometric and interview appointment date. The fees are 18,500 and for medical but I recommend that you carry 20,000 with you in the event you need more. Be sure to  keep at least 7 days gap between medical and interview.

The website address for Hyderabad is

https://www.migrationmedicine.com/ just in case if someone needs

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

16 minutes ago, ujones said:

@Srinath06 I was under the impression that once we get the case # we can fill DS160. Also I read on other post that you don’t hve to wait for pkt 3 as it’s something you could just print from site. I could be wrong 

For additional information on the K visa process, as well as answers to any questions not addressed in this document, visit

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html

You must complete the following steps before coming for your consular interview appointments:

Step 1   Complete the DS-160 form online at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/.

Step 2   Print the DS-160 form confirmation page.

Step 3   Visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ and follow the instructions to create an account, log

in, select your passport/visa pick-up location, and pay your K visa fee.

Information on fee payment is available at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv- pavmentinfo.asp.

Step 4   Schedule a Category 3 appointment to have your photograph and fingerprints captured at a Visa Application Center and to have your interview at the Consulate.

Step 5   Prepare for your interview by obtaining the rest of the items listed in this document.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

For additional information on the K visa process, as well as answers to any questions not addressed in this document, visit

http://travel state.gov /content/visas english. immigrate.types familv fiance-k-l .html.

You must complete the following steps before coming for your consular interview appointments:

Step 1   Complete the DS-160 form online at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/.

Step 2   Print the DS-160 form confirmation page.

Step 3   Visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ and follow the instructions to create an account, log

in, select your passport/visa pick-up location, and pay your K visa fee.

Information on fee payment is available at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv- pavmentinfo.asp.

Step 4   Schedule a Category 3 appointment to have your photograph and fingerprints captured at a Visa Application Center and to have your interview at the Consulate.

Step 5   Prepare for your interview by obtaining the rest of the items listed in this document.

@Greenbaum Thankyou so much for taking so much of your time to help others. Just bcoz of you & many others in this page who takes time to share knowledge we stay sane through this bit confusing process. Appreciate eveything u do for us 🙏

Edited by ujones

3 minutes ago, ujones said:

@Greenbaum Thankyou so much for taking so much of your time to help others. Just bcoz of you & many others in this page who takes time to share knowledge we stay sane through this bit confusing process. Appreciate eveything u do for us 🙏

Thank you for your appreciation.

If more people would read the entire thread the number of redundant questions have already been answered which would make for less work for all of us. But most want it simple and not have to do the heavy lifting. Even when I give the links for the answer next entry is the same question again and never reading what was given to them. Now you got me started. :D

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

@Greenbaum, I agree with you but I also agree that sometimes it’s difficult to find answers even when  you know for sure it’s somewhere here . So I get confused not knowing where to look. And the solution I found for that is to write down the points when I feel like it could be useful to me at some point in my journey. But for new people here it’s not that easy to find if they don’t know how & where to look 

Edited by ujones

4 hours ago, ujones said:

@Greenbaum, I agree with you but I also agree that sometimes it’s difficult to find answers even when  you know for sure it’s somewhere here . So I get confused not knowing where to look. And the solution I found for that is to write down the points when I feel like it could be useful to me at some point in my journey. But for new people here it’s not that easy to find if they don’t know how & where to look 

I partially agree but they stay in their comfort zone and that is they jump into where they feel safe they ask their questions and get thier answer and jump off. Only to come back the next day to do it all over again. 

Have you for instance ever tapped your flag in your profile to see where it takes you?

At Best if someone were to come on and start reading where they left off the last time they would Garner a wealth of knowledge.

To help save information for your journey get Microsoft OneNote to keep track of those tidbits that you'll use later. For starters I know I must have posted in this thread alone the P3 letter no less then 4 times. That would be my first enter.

Thanks for your thoughts on this topic.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.