749 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2019 at 12:38 PM, A_R said:

Hi,

I got a one way ticket and had no problem at all. Even I was a little apprehensive but had no problem. When the Officer opens the envelope - it just has a copy of your i129 petition, i134 form + evidences , passport photos and some other palers.

Thanks so much! Hope you're having a great time in the US :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi all,

I was just filling DS form 160 and i have a query regarding that...there is one section in which they have asked about :

National Identification Number

what you guys have filled in this, shall I put my Adhaar card number in there, bcz that is our UID (unique identity no. provided by gov)

this is what that section says :

Help: Identification Numbers

Your National ID Number is a unique number that your government provides. The U.S. Government provides unique numbers to those who seek employment (Social Security Number) or pay taxes (Taxpayer 

Please can somebody guide me on this

18 minutes ago, Knome said:

hi all,

I was just filling DS form 160 and i have a query regarding that...there is one section in which they have asked about :

National Identification Number

what you guys have filled in this, shall I put my Adhaar card number in there, bcz that is our UID (unique identity no. provided by gov)

this is what that section says :

Help: Identification Numbers

Your National ID Number is a unique number that your government provides. The U.S. Government provides unique numbers to those who seek employment (Social Security Number) or pay taxes (Taxpayer 

Please can somebody guide me on this

Yes you can add your ADhaar card number in that spot.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Our case is "In Transit" to Mumbai!

Getting closer and closer :) 

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ujones said:

👏👏Tara .. still waiting for NVC #.. hopefully soon . Did you schedule the interview ?

You'll have your case number soon... I know it! :) No appt. scheduled yet. All in good time

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/5/2019 at 6:56 AM, K1journey_16 said:

@Greenbaum  @A_R

My date of interview @ Mumbai is 7th February, I had submitted a request form on CMM Hyderabad's website on 21st of December, I did not get an appointment date from CMM yet, I called them last week , mailed them last week, called today , they just said send the PDF that you got when submitted the request and write an email asking for an update which I did today as well but no reply.

Please guide what do to in this situation, how much time does it usually take for Medical

Hi @K1journey_16  Medical exam depends from place to place. I got mine done in Max Hospital Delhi. IS CMM Hyderabad on the list of approved medical centers on Indiatraveldocs website?? If yes, either you call them everyday n ask for update as it should not take this much time as medical exam is generally easy. If they are backlogged for some reason n can't give you an appointment then, your second choice is to got to Delhi or Mumbai for medical as I know for a fat getting a medical exam date in Delhi is very easy. Let me know hat happens.

thank you @Greenbaum for referring me to this topic and clearing my initial questions.

I will update my timeline as required soon.. but wanted to hear thoughts and feedback.

NOA1: April 16, 2018
RFE: Nov 8th, 2018
NOA2: Nov 27th, 2018
Sent to NVC: Dec 14th, 2018
NVC to US Embassy: Jan 10th, 2019

so the case has been sent to mumbai and got my NVC case number issued as of Jan 10th, 2018. awaiting letter in the mail from Mumbai embassy to my fiance.

she currently resides in Hyderabad, Telangana

so, little concerned, if she needs to complete DS-160 and schedule biometrics/fingerprint at hyderabad embassy or Mumbai embassy?

for medical check, does she need letter from mumbai embassy or can she schedule one herself?

could someone please share me steps to do etc.. thank you very much.

Recd NVC case # .. but when tracked I see this written “NVC but also says to collect documents & fees for NVC to schedule interview.”What does that mean ?  Is there anything I should be doing other than submitting DS160 now ? 

11 hours ago, ujones said:

Recd NVC case # .. but when tracked I see this written “NVC but also says to collect documents & fees for NVC to schedule interview.”What does that mean ?  Is there anything I should be doing other than submitting DS160 now ? 

What does the P3 letter say? You are no longer following what NVC says. All you needed them for was to get your case number. READ the P3.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On 1/8/2019 at 3:16 PM, A_R said:

Hi @K1journey_16  Medical exam depends from place to place. I got mine done in Max Hospital Delhi. IS CMM Hyderabad on the list of approved medical centers on Indiatraveldocs website?? If yes, either you call them everyday n ask for update as it should not take this much time as medical exam is generally easy. If they are backlogged for some reason n can't give you an appointment then, your second choice is to got to Delhi or Mumbai for medical as I know for a fat getting a medical exam date in Delhi is very easy. Let me know hat happens.

@A_R can I ask you which hotel you stayed for interview ? Also should I be scheduling for biometrics two days prior to interview or is 24 hr gap enough ? TIA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did anyone else have this issue where Mumbai Consulate is saying they haven't gotten the physical file yet.  I want to schedule interview before the dates get too far, but I am scared if they say they still haven't gotten it by the interview time.  I am trying to get early February date for interview.

Their Response:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We have only received your case electronically at our Mumbai Post. However, we are still awaiting the physical file. We will get in touch with you, once we are in receipt of the physical file."

Also, does any one now best way to contact them other than email.  I called USA number, but it is just recording and no way to reach a human on there. 

Thanks

12 minutes ago, ns7 said:

Did anyone else have this issue where Mumbai Consulate is saying they haven't gotten the physical file yet.  I want to schedule interview before the dates get too far, but I am scared if they say they still haven't gotten it by the interview time.  I am trying to get early February date for interview.

Their Response:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We have only received your case electronically at our Mumbai Post. However, we are still awaiting the physical file. We will get in touch with you, once we are in receipt of the physical file."

Also, does any one now best way to contact them other than email.  I called USA number, but it is just recording and no way to reach a human on there. 

Thanks

@ns7, I was able to get a quick response via email. Did you get a chance to see the available dates ? Are they into February ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.