749 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

@Lonegirl

From your posting it sounds like everything went smoothly. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm throwing the "buyer beware" annotate so others will consider it before taking the same path you have chosen when it comes to Vaccinations.

When you finish your medical the medical staff will work up your DS-3025 which is a required form you will use to submit during your AOS after marriage which is proof that you completed your vaccinations and your medical is clear for immigration. Most opt to have the vaccinations completed at the medical exam prior to your interview so that the form is 100% complete avoiding the headache that you will experience once you began to prepare your AOS package after marriage. I say this because you will still need to complete your vaccinations in the US and have the DS-3025 and the completed vaccinations transposed to I-693 that will be sent off with your AOS package. A qualified civil surgeon in the US can help you but you will have the additional cost of the vaccination and his fee to provide you with a completed I-693. Vaccinations can be far more expensive in the US then in your country and you add the fee from the CS. This process in the states can run you in the $250 - $500 range. Of course your mileage may vary as you have the ability to "shop" around for the best price from CS's in your area.

DS-3025.pdf

I know, but I was traveling for the whole process to another city, and I get really sick if I take vaccines. My interview was in four days and I couldn't have missed it, could I? I also had to take a flight back home, and plane rides make me sick anyway, so I would be in for a mess if I had taken the vaccines and got sick. Most importantly, I was expecting a denial and didn't see any point in getting vaccinated when the visa wasn't guaranteed. 

I'm not worried about the future. We've made it this far, and we'll make it the rest of the way. Thanks :)

3 hours ago, Lonegirl said:

I know, but I was traveling for the whole process to another city, and I get really sick if I take vaccines. My interview was in four days and I couldn't have missed it, could I? I also had to take a flight back home, and plane rides make me sick anyway, so I would be in for a mess if I had taken the vaccines and got sick. Most importantly, I was expecting a denial and didn't see any point in getting vaccinated when the visa wasn't guaranteed. 

I'm not worried about the future. We've made it this far, and we'll make it the rest of the way. Thanks :)

Then those are good choices that are personal and I can respect that. I was just keeping it real. :D

I did want to make the post in the event others contemplate skipping the vaccinations so that they are aware of the upside and downside to their decision.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@Knome Did you call the NVC to find out if your case had left or did you receive an email? My attorney keeps asking me if I got an email from the NVC about our case, but I'm not sure if that email will ever come.

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/21/2018 at 5:41 AM, Lonegirl said:

Hey everyone,

I had my final interview today and I was approved. I had gone expecting a denial, but the officer interviewing me was really nice.

I went to Rele Clinic for my medical exam on the 17th of December. The staff there is extremely polite and helpful. I had forgotten to take my 2"x2" photos, but they helped me out by directing me to a photo studio close by. I had an appointment at 9:00 am but I finished at around 12pm. 

There was a huge crowd, and candidates were given a token and asked to wait. Between each process (blood draw, urine, x-ray, height, weight, eyesight, and physical exam) there was a long wait. But everyone was super helpful.

For the physical exam, ladies are examined by Dr. Bharati Rele. You have to remove your clothes (not your underwear) and wear a backless gown (yes :p) You are asked a series of questions about your medical history, and then poked and prodded for lumps or abnormalities. It takes only two minutes.

The person drawing blood did a good job. No pain or swelling. You also have to remove your clothes waist up and wear an oversized gown for the chest x-ray. The gowns are clean, and discarded gowns are sent to the wash.

I didn't take the vaccinations, because I wasn't sure if I would get the visa. K1 applicants have the option to get vaccinated during AOS

I got the report the very next day. But a word of caution: it is EXTREMELY cold inside. Please take a warm jacket or sweater, or you will be a frozen chicken.

The VAC has shifted from Trade Center to Parinee Crescenzo, about 2 kms away. I didn't know that because I had booked my appointment two months ago. The VAC is huge and there are lots of counters. It hardly takes five minutes.

My final interview time was 7:30 am but I finished around 10:00 am. The place was thick with candidates. I had to go inside and there are volunteers who help you arrange your documents. Then I was given a token and asked to wait. The wait is LONG. I almost felt like running away, it was so frustrating! At around 8:30 I was called to a counter where an Indian officer collected my DS-160, PCC, medical report, affidavit of support, two photos, and the bank statements and tax documents of my fiance. I was also asked some basic questions like if this is our first marriage, if I have ever traveled outside the country, my profession, etc. Then I had to wait again.

A little before 10, I was called to the interview where there was a male American officer. He was really nice and causally conversed with me. There was no rapid fire or interrogation. I was asked the questions very politely, and was also given ample time to explain. Among documentary proof, he only asked to see our photos together ( I also showed him the engagement ring on my finger). Then he told me that my visa was approved and laughed when I stared at him in disbelief!

The questions asked were:

How I met my fiance

How many times we met in person 

When and where we got engaged

How our families reacted

Have we met each other's families

Members of his family

Our wedding plans (when I said we would have a courthouse wedding, he laughed and asked why we were opting for a small wedding when Indians are known for big weddings. I said that he wasn't Indian, and that being together is more important to us than a big wedding).

Profession and scope of work of my fiance

Where he stayed during his visits 

Who paid for his visits

What attracted me to him (I loved answering this because I got to brag about my soulmate :p)

Where we intend to live after marriage

The process took only a few minutes if you don't count the long wait time. The key is to not be too hopeful and also provide all kinds of proof and documents to support your case. I sat up all of last night and rehearsed answers to all possible questions, which made me well-prepared and confident. Think of it like an examination and prepare all answers well in advance. Also, keep calm and don't forget to face the CO with a smile. Laugh if you want to, and treat it like a casual conversation.

Overall, my experience in Mumbai wasn't too bad. Good luck to everyone :)

Awesome, many congratulations!!!!  The wait is nearly over now :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/21/2018 at 8:08 AM, Greenbaum said:

@Lonegirl

From your posting it sounds like everything went smoothly. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm throwing the "buyer beware" annotate so others will consider it before taking the same path you have chosen when it comes to Vaccinations.

When you finish your medical the medical staff will work up your DS-3025 which is a required form you will use to submit during your AOS after marriage which is proof that you completed your vaccinations and your medical is clear for immigration. Most opt to have the vaccinations completed at the medical exam prior to your interview so that the form is 100% complete avoiding the headache that you will experience once you began to prepare your AOS package after marriage. I say this because you will still need to complete your vaccinations in the US and have the DS-3025 and the completed vaccinations transposed to I-693 that will be sent off with your AOS package. A qualified civil surgeon in the US can help you but you will have the additional cost of the vaccination and his fee to provide you with a completed I-693. Vaccinations can be far more expensive in the US then in your country and you add the fee from the CS. This process in the states can run you in the $250 - $500 range. Of course your mileage may vary as you have the ability to "shop" around for the best price from CS's in your area.

DS-3025.pdf

Hey @Greenbaum   your pdf of DS-3025 ain't opening. Can you repost it please.

6 hours ago, A_R said:

Hey @Greenbaum   your pdf of DS-3025 ain't opening. Can you repost it please.

DS-3025.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 12/27/2018 at 5:33 AM, Tara & Rohit said:

@Knome Did you call the NVC to find out if your case had left or did you receive an email? My attorney keeps asking me if I got an email from the NVC about our case, but I'm not sure if that email will ever come.

as soon as I got my case no. from NVC (I got it thru email )...I checked that case no. in ceac case tracker , first it will show you .'AT NVC' ..then it will change to 'In Transit'  then to 'READY'

after tht it means ur case is ready for interview .

below is link for checking status using NVC case no.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Timeline
1 minute ago, Knome said:

as soon as I got my case no. from NVC (I got it thru email )...I checked that case no. in ceac case tracker , first it will show you .'AT NVC' ..then it will change to 'In Transit'  then to 'READY'

after tht it means ur case is ready for interview .

below is link for checking status using NVC case no.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Fill this form to know your NVC case No., i filled this and they replied back with our case no. and case status

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Timeline

hello @Greenbaum   , I need some help , could you please tell me that why thr is nothing clearly mentioned in packet 4 about what all documents I need to bring to interview for my daughter's k2 visa ? only below statement is mentioned :

What if a family member wants to apply for their visa later?

If you have a family member who qualifies to immigrate now but intends to stay in India longer than you, bring the following documents to your interview:

1. Original birth certificate for your family member, as well as a clear photocopy. 2.

A passport-size photograph of your family member.

3. Passport or other government-issued photo identification for your family member.

If you are a K via applicant, your child must apply for and be issued a visa within one year of the date you are issued a visa.

Is this depends on the country? is it different or same for other countries? I want to ask this because in this letter nowhere its mentioned that i need to bring a consent letter from father or not for my daughter's K2.

Edited by Knome
spell check

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Knome said:

hello @Greenbaum   , I need some help , could you please tell me that why thr is nothing clearly mentioned in packet 4 about what all documents I need to bring to interview for my daughter's k2 visa ? only below statement is mentioned :

What if a family member wants to apply for their visa later?

If you have a family member who qualifies to immigrate now but intends to stay in India longer than you, bring the following documents to your interview:

1. Original birth certificate for your family member, as well as a clear photocopy. 2.

A passport-size photograph of your family member.

3. Passport or other government-issued photo identification for your family member.

If you are a K via applicant, your child must apply for and be issued a visa within one year of the date you are issued a visa.

Is this depends on the country? is it different or same for other countries? I want to ask this because in this letter nowhere its mentioned that i need to bring a consent letter from father or not for my daughter's K2.

I just checked in Ukrainian Packet for K1/K2 there is clearly mentioned this about children:

SINGLE/DIVORCED/WIDOWED AND MARRIED APPLICANTS WITH CHILDREN FROM PREVIOUS MARRIAGES

will be questioned about child’s custody status and should come prepared to discuss the issue and provide any related documents they may have. The Ukrainian government has certain requirements for children traveling outside Ukraine. You may contact the government of Ukraine to find out more about the requirements applicable to your specific situation.

So i am thinking its country specific? because in India we dnt have any laws as such for kids.

could you pleassssssssss provide me more info on this, i have googled it every where but couldn't find much

Timeline

@Greenbaum, is it ok if I get back statements & benefit statements from ssdi now if I expect the interview to  be around April/ May ? Or should I wait till it’s closer ? I was thinking of getting all my papers together as my NOA2 should be coming anytime now if eveything goes as planned. Also does the beneficiary need to bring employment verification letter for interview ? 

On 12/7/2018 at 5:03 AM, ds2 said:

Hi @ujones,

Yes that sounds correct. You can apply for PCC irrespective of Case# or anything so while you are awaiting for the case# you can ask your fiance to apply for PCC.

You need to fill the DS-160 at the following link:

https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx

After filling the DS-160 you need to use the DS-160 confirmation number and Case# from NVC to create a profile on USTravelDocs site to pay the fee which is $265 and then schudule the biometrics/VAC and Consular Appointment. 

You don't really need the packet 4 but yes you should contact the embassy if you still want it. I was asked for at Rele Clinic for my medical.

And yes both the petitioner and beneficiary get the confirmation letter once the case is sent from NVC to the embassy. 

Got my NOA2. My approval date is 12/27. So technically I hve to get interview scheduled before April 27th right ? But what if no dates are available , is it easy to get the extension ? How easy is it to get dates in Mumbai ?

1 hour ago, ujones said:

Got my NOA2. My approval date is 12/27. So technically I hve to get interview scheduled before April 27th right ? But what if no dates are available , is it easy to get the extension ? How easy is it to get dates in Mumbai ?

Your NOA2 will have your "window" when the interview should be concluded. If you find that you can't meet that date then contact your embassy to extend it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Annie74 said:

@Greenbaum, is it ok if I get back statements & benefit statements from ssdi now if I expect the interview to  be around April/ May ? Or should I wait till it’s closer ? I was thinking of getting all my papers together as my NOA2 should be coming anytime now if eveything goes as planned. Also does the beneficiary need to bring employment verification letter for interview ? 

The closeer to the interview date that you can have your documents the better. Most are good if they are 3 month or younger in age. Here is what is needed for the interview.

Here is the letter that you will receive from Mumbai Embassy. Read it over carefully and follow the instructions. Another member of VJ added some additional information contained below which outlines what he experienced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xukUjdqnKM7yqrkqfPfl8tCao_BY2XsC/view?usp=sharing
https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB%20IV%20Packet%204%20for%20Ks%20January%202015%20Revision_001.pdf

Once you received your case number from NVC,  I would recommend you fill out DS-160 form and submit. Some say the packet 3 letter is nothing just waste of time same thing they have mention which you easily get from USCIS website when you called to the clinics to book your medical appointment date they will ask you have you received your packet letter or not. Just say yes and booked the appointment date however you will receive that letter within 2 weeks the day you will get your NVC number.

Go on USCIS website make your account with password and then pay your fees to Citibank or Axis bank. They will give you reference number. With that number you can book your biometric and interview appointment date. The fees are 18,500 and for medical but I recommend that you carry 20,000 with you in the event you need more. Be sure to  keep at least 7 days gap between medical and interview.

The website address for Hyderabad is

https://www.migrationmedicine.com/ just in case if someone needs

Here is a topic in another forum where those from the Mumbai Consulate are applying with good information.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/331403-mumbai-consulate-k1-visa-221g-given/

And

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/684938-india-processing-2018-noa2-nvc/?page=1

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.